Ninja H2 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not the techy guy but its been brought up on numerous occasions about the air filter/ front end/ ram air tube etc. being a restriction on the h2. What are the chances someone could make and h2r mold and all the additional peripherals to not restrict the intake side of the supercharger?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think anything can be done by spending some money and knowing the right people :)

Reactions: ZiG 9th

·
Registered
867 Posts
You can't do it because the head light fixtures too large and there's no room for the ducting. I have both the left n right side open now with intake grates but the passenger side is only open to the faring and adds additional cooling....if you wanted to lose the head light then it can be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If it were possible to have an h2r front end. I wouldn't mind having to bolt a light to the bottom of the nose piece. But, more importantly how much hp potential would this mod add to our bikes that already have all the typical bolt ons?

I reference this because I once owned a zx12 with everything( carpenter racing build) and the kitchen sink for the sake of speed. It had custom OD transmission gears (supposedly only 5 sets were ever made)and ceramic bearings throughout. It also had a cut down fuel tank and a fiberglass front end, that left room for a hidden NOS bottle. It dynoed 290 hp and 135 ft. lb.'s torque. It was a real Busa killer and I had one of those too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Been mulling this one over for some time now its a rough idea but might function and be serviceable, I really like the CLEAN way the R tube mounts to the SC. If you had the back half of an R tube where it mounts to the SC and run it forward to just inside the body work and fit/mount a cone shaped filter on the end. That would slide into a larger tube going forward to the air opening in front. Of course all that depends on the available space under the bodywork. I have not even removed the panels up front to estimate what could be squeezed/hidden in there so this may not even be possible just throwing it out there.

A cone shape filter would have far more surface area than the cross section area of the tube and a variety of cone filters are off the shelf available parts. Servicing the filter would be uncouple from the SC and pull out and back till the cone comes out of the forward tube.

I think the dual intakes of the R are not doable as SomeFun said but IMO they did the dual openings just to have a place to put the filters and still be serviceable. Remember All that frontal area still must funnel down to that ~2" SC opening anyways so maybe the H2 single side is enough with a good plumber?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can't do it because the head light fixtures too large and there's no room for the ducting. I have both the left n right side open now with intake grates but the passenger side is only open to the faring and adds additional cooling....if you wanted to lose the head light then it can be done.
Where did you get your intake grate for your other side? I always thought they should have done it like this from the factory.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Been mulling this one over for some time now its a rough idea but might function and be serviceable, I really like the CLEAN way the R tube mounts to the SC. If you had the back half of an R tube where it mounts to the SC and run it forward to just inside the body work and fit/mount a cone shaped filter on the end. That would slide into a larger tube going forward to the air opening in front. Of course all that depends on the available space under the bodywork. I have not even removed the panels up front to estimate what could be squeezed/hidden in there so this may not even be possible just throwing it out there.n

A cone shape filter would have far more surface area than the cross section area of the tube and a variety of cone filters are off the shelf available parts. Servicing the filter would be uncouple from the SC and pull out and back till the cone comes out of the forward tube.

I think the dual intakes of the R are not doable as SomeFun said but IMO they did the dual openings just to have a place to put the filters and still be serviceable. Remember All that frontal area still must funnel down to that ~2" SC opening anyways so maybe the H2 single side is enough with a good plumber?

What we have is enough air. When Don G made tuned mine we did pulls with the filter and then with none and it was very little to no difference. The H2R and H2 have the same Super charger only the intake is the difference. I would love to have a larger filter like the H2R but really it's not needed.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Where did you get your intake grate for your other side? I always thought they should have done it like this from the factory.
The carbon fiber trim is from Carbomoto and I had to custom make the intake grate.

·
Registered
288 Posts
From my frame change over the mechanic informed me most of the wiring lume is up front so tipping not a lot of room up there.
Hopefully I get it back early next week before the wet weather sets in.New Metzler M7rr tyres ,fresh service 12,000 ks,clutch bled and had a radiator guard fitted while they had it stripped.

·
Registered
331 Posts
What we have is enough air. When Don G made tuned mine we did pulls with the filter and then with none and it was very little to no difference. The H2R and H2 have the same Super charger only the intake is the difference. I would love to have a larger filter like the H2R but really it's not needed.
I remember reading that but the H2 air tube has those holes right next to the fork tube. BC they are there you will get zero ram air in the downstream portion of the air tube. I have not seen an R setup in person but it cant have holes aft of the filters so it must develop some ram air. You wont see that extra power on the dyno. Once the woolich logger is released i would imagine someone will put pressure sensors in some key areas and see what can be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts