Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
believe it or not I have just realised the significance of this news , it completely slipped my mind as it's about the H2R exhaust but it's just dawned on me it obviously relates to the H2 as well .

We were told by Kawasaki's UK manager that they are working on a quieter exhaust for the H2R to enable it to be used at track days as it's currently too loud to pass the noise test in the UK , thinking about it it will obviously fit the H2 as well and will probably be made from titanium .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know , he just said they " Kawasaki " are working on a quieter exhaust for the H2R , may be quieter for the R but sure as **** will be louder than a H2 exhaust .

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"thinking about it it will obviously fit the H2 as well".

If it IS for an H2R...then the headers will have to stay the same.That won't work on an H2.Maybe some sort of 'slip-on'system.If it's a full header midpipe deal...w/exhaust can..won't help us.We'll still have to cut it somewhere along the line.Unless of course,it's a muffler only.

Right now...my system is working good for me.Looks okay...and sounds okay...and no cat.Have my DB killer which I'll be reinstalling before next ride...so it's all good.She barks plenty loud with it in there.PLENTY.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No way. The exhaust fits on both model, and the quieter exhaust they are talking about is made by Akrapovic, and is sold directly from Kawasaki too. They say it will not fit on the h2 only because is not road legal, and void the warranty.

·
Registered
577 Posts
No way. The exhaust fits on both model, and the quieter exhaust they are talking about is made by Akrapovic, and is sold directly from Kawasaki too. They say it will not fit on the h2 only because is not road legal, and void the warranty.
It will physically fit and bolt on to the H2 as well as the H2R - BUT, as Simon0721 says, they go on to say that it will render the bike non-street legal and void the warranty. They also say fuelling modifications will be needed (but don't specify just what and how the changes can be made). I suspect the comments on warranty and legality on the street are made by Kawasaki to keep the bureaucrats and lawmakers happy ......

well lets put to this to bed... can someone please post circumference of both H2 and H2R header pipes...
Don't know diameters but (from memory) the H2 and H2R share the same cylinder heads and exhaust gaskets - so I suspect the outlet diameter at the head is the same on each bike.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
It will physically fit and bolt on to the H2 as well as the H2R - BUT, as Simon0721 says, they go on to say that it will render the bike non-street legal and void the warranty. They also say fuelling modifications will be needed (but don't specify just what and how the changes can be made). I suspect the comments on warranty and legality on the street are made by Kawasaki to keep the bureaucrats and lawmakers happy ......

Don't know diameters but (from memory) the H2 and H2R share the same cylinder heads and exhaust gaskets - so I suspect the outlet diameter at the head is the same on each bike.
The main headpipe diameters are 45 mm ( 1 3/4) H2 vs. 48mm (1 7/8) for the H2R. It doesn't sound like much, but it can make a big difference in the drivability and average power output.

As far as warranty problems - This act states that the dealer would need to prove that aftermarket part specifically caused the failure in oder to void the warranty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

That said, you are not going to find an OEM selling a race parts marketed for street use... THAT is for certain. I'm sure the pipes would fall under the 'H2 owner-only' category.

Brock

·
Registered
248 Posts
The main headpipe diameters are 45 mm ( 1 3/4) H2 vs. 48mm (1 7/8) for the H2R. It doesn't sound like much, but it can make a big difference in the drivability and average power output.

As far as warranty problems - This act states that the dealer would need to prove that aftermarket part specifically caused the failure in oder to void the warranty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

That said, you are not going to find an OEM selling a race parts marketed for street use... THAT is for certain. I'm sure the pipes would fall under the 'H2 owner-only' category.

Brock
Couldn't resist this.... Brock dropped da facts, paused, held hand out dropped the mic and walked away. :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Looking at this with the information to hand I would say that the oval-shaped exhaust ports are the same size for both bikes, never heard anything to the contrary, otherwise the cylinder head would be on the list of different parts between H2R and H2.

As far as fuelling mods and road-lgality are concerned: Any free flowing exhaust replacing an original item (H2) will need the fuelling tweaked, either by an ECU flash or a PCV map. As a replacement primarily for the H2R and for track use it's not going to meet the noise levels that some regions require for road use and probably won't have a catalyst or a threaded boss for the lambda sensor, hence not road legal.

Still good news though.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Brock
The Akrapovic website now shows a lot more info on the full system (this is the same system as available via Kawasaki) Akrapovi?

The power/torque figures on the H2R show marginal increases over the stock H2R system but with significant noise reduction - great news for H2R owners in the UK and Europe where some race tracks have firmly enforced noise limits.

On the H2, there are noticeable power and torque increases, particularly in the mid range. Crucially for some european owners, it looks like the silencer used is the same slip-on that is already available - complete with the all important 'e' mark that is needed in some countries for the pipe to be street legal - just fired an email in to the UK importer to see if they can supply the headers only for people who already have the Akra slip on. Akrapovic also say it is 'plug & play' with no mapping changes needed :)

If it is able to deliver H2R power levels, then I suspect it should not be too restrictive with and ECU flash/power commander setup on the H2.

Not having a dig at Brocks and the work they are doing but what we want/need over in Europe can be quite different to what the US wants - if, for example, I get stopped here in a random roadside check with a non 'e' marked slipon fitted to my standard headers, my bike is not road legal and can be impounded ...........
:(:(

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
The Akrapovic website now shows a lot more info on the full system (this is the same system as available via Kawasaki) Akrapovi?

The power/torque figures on the H2R show marginal increases over the stock H2R system but with significant noise reduction - great news for H2R owners in the UK and Europe where some race tracks have firmly enforced noise limits.

On the H2, there are noticeable power and torque increases, particularly in the mid range. Crucially for some european owners, it looks like the silencer used is the same slip-on that is already available - complete with the all important 'e' mark that is needed in some countries for the pipe to be street legal - just fired an email in to the UK importer to see if they can supply the headers only for people who already have the Akra slip on. Akrapovic also say it is 'plug & play' with no mapping changes needed :)

If it is able to deliver H2R power levels, then I suspect it should not be too restrictive with and ECU flash/power commander setup on the H2.

Not having a dig at Brocks and the work they are doing but what we want/need over in Europe can be quite different to what the US wants - if, for example, I get stopped here in a random roadside check with a non 'e' marked slipon fitted to my standard headers, my bike is not road legal and can be impounded ...........
:(:(
It looks like the Akro site is claiming about a 1 HP gain in the mid and peak range for the H2... That makes perfect sense from a system that does not require fuel adjustments.

And no dig taken pebble35 :) We understand your needs are different from those here in the US and we do not offer or claim to offer homologated systems. We are very lucky here in the US!

Brock

·
Registered
867 Posts
Guy are the weight savings with the titanium AKR full system over our stock set up?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The H2R is loud. At Maine last week I could hear the R clear to the end of the 1 1/2 mile run when he was running wide out, I'm sure the noise police could too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stay tuned very shortly Brock performance will have a slash version exhaust that H2R exhaust lovers will be very happy with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts