Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an H2R ECU work on an H2 if you load an H2 flash?

Will this also give you the upgrades on the instrument console, since the part numbers are the same?

Such as memory for boost, rpm, top speed etc....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sigh....

NOLA.
Do you have an answer, its a genuine question!

The instrument cluster is the same part number but the H2r ECU is a different part number, so it may have more functionality than an H2 ECU.

If it was just a flash then why use a different part number for the ecu?

Enquiring minds want to know ..... are are you sighing because you have no idea?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Do you have an answer, its a genuine question!

The instrument cluster is the same part number but the H2r ECU is a different part number, so it may have more functionality than an H2 ECU.

If it was just a flash then why use a different part number for the ecu?

Enquiring minds want to know ..... are are you sighing because you have no idea?
The part would likely bolt straight on but it wouldn't be a good idea. I believe Rickey Gadson did that in his video with Motorcycle.com with his bike's ECU. Note: Some have debated on this forum already that his bike was a hybrid and not a true H2R.

The H2R ECU is tuned specifically for the larger intake, higher lift cams, the difference in compression ratio, among other things.

At this stage of development, the H2 has caught up and it's really not necessary to bolt on an H2R ECU. Guhl has already unlocked the speedometer if that's your biggest issue.

Lastly, you need an H2R Vin # to be able to order the part in the first place.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Sounds about right.Hey Turbo...I DID look in my owner's manual about the 'boost temp' deal yesterday.I must have missed that little section when I first read through it.Thanks for the direction;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts