Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I’m looking to putting a deposit for a H2R and was concerned about the color option they have on their website, it’s a “Matte” finish, same as H2 Carbon and I really, really dislike Matte finishes. The H2 on the hand has that really nice shiny/glossy silver mirror finish.
My question is to people who ordered these bikes since 2015, can you opt to have a H2R with non-matte paint job at time of ordering?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi , the first 2015 H2s and H2R s were both mirror black with green frame (you could not order in matt finish) , in 2016 they both changed to spark black (mirror black with bits of "glitter " in the finish , 2016 bikes had a grey frame .
In 2017 it was back to green frame and I think spark black for both bikes and then in around 2018 / 2019 the carbon had a Matt finish (I think ) .
What I do know is it’s never been an option to choose gloss or Matt .
In around 2019 they went back to the original mirror black (without glitter that makes the bikes look dusty in my opinion) with green frame . Personally I prefer the original mirror/ green frame 2015 and c 2019 bikes .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi , the first 2015 H2s and H2R s were both mirror black with green frame (you could not order in matt finish) , in 2016 they both changed to spark black (mirror black with bits of "glitter " in the finish , 2016 bikes had a grey frame .
In 2017 it was back to green frame and I think spark black for both bikes and then in around 2018 / 2019 the carbon had a Matt finish (I think ) .
In around 2019 they went back to the original mirror black (without glitter that makes the bikes look dusty in my opinion) with green frame . Personally I prefer the original mirror/ green frame 2015 and c 2019 bikes .
I think he’s saying that for the 2022 model of the H2R he doesn’t want the Mirror Coated Matte Spark Black that the H2 Carbon and the H2R have on the website. He wants the Mirror Coated Spark Black that the normal H2 has.

And to answer the question, I don’t think you can change the paint that it comes with, unfortunately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply and I agree, they did flip flop a bit with color combos on such a simple color for the H2 series…green frame and silver paint, done! Leave it alone.

The matte definitely does not suit the bike design, to me it just looks like a primer, like it’s incomplete.

Awaiting Kawasaki’s response on this, mind you I’m also looking to put a deposit on the H2 as well and so far the dealer has been very unhelpful, not only do they not know anything about the H2 series of bikes but I don’t feel like I’m being welcomed to make a purchase of over $100k, I feel like I’m being an inconvenience to them which left a bad taste in my mouth.

Will be calling other dealers and seeing how they handle this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he’s saying that for the 2022 model of the H2R he doesn’t want the Mirror Coated Matte Spark Black that the H2 Carbon and the H2R have on the website. He wants the Mirror Coated Spark Black that the normal H2 has.

And to answer the question, I don’t think you can change the paint that it comes with, unfortunately.
Correct! Last minute before making up my mind I noticed the matte finish for H2R as well which put a pause on the plan.

Do you or anyone know if people have been able to strike a deal on H2 or H2R prices at the dealer? I understand it’s made to order but still, some savings on fees etc would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correct! Last minute before making up my mind I noticed the matte finish for H2R as well which put a pause on the plan.

Do you or anyone know if people have been able to strike a deal on H2 or H2R prices at the dealer? I understand it’s made to order but still, some savings on fees etc would be great.
It’s an odd choice to be sure. I like the highly reflective paint and a matte paint seems to defeat the purpose of that.

I’ve ordered the Carbon variant, and my dealer knocked $1000 off. I didn’t really negotiate with them, since my negotiating position was pretty weak because, like you said, it’s made to order.

However I was the first person, ever, to buy an H2 from them, so they cut me a little deal.

They also told me there’s a shipping fee of $350 that Kawasaki is supposed to be dropping in March. So if you’re one of the late orders, you might save $350 that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s an odd choice to be sure. I like the highly reflective paint and a matte paint seems to defeat the purpose of that.

I’ve ordered the Carbon variant, and my dealer knocked $1000 off. I didn’t really negotiate with them, since my negotiating position was pretty weak because, like you said, it’s made to order.

However I was the first person, ever, to buy an H2 from them, so they cut me a little deal.

They also told me there’s a shipping fee of $350 that Kawasaki is supposed to be dropping in March. So if you’re one of the late orders, you might save $350 that way.
Wicked! Congrats on the purchase 👍

What was your reasoning for the Carbon edition given it’s not the shiny H2 paint?

Good to know about the 1k price drop and delivery fee. I’ve been watching the matte videos and trying to see if I’ll like it. If I can convince (brainwash) myself to like matte paint, I’ll put a deposit on a H2 and H2R. I like to think the R will appreciate in value while the H2 will maintain itself or not depreciate as hard as other bikes. For some reason I feel like Kawasaki might pull the plug on this Ninja H2 series soon so now might be the time to snatch them up.

·
Registered
6 Posts

What was your reasoning for the Carbon edition given it’s not the shiny H2 paint?

Good to know about the 1k price drop and delivery fee. I’ve been watching the matte videos and trying to see if I’ll like it. If I can convince (brainwash) myself to like matte paint, I’ll put a deposit on a H2 and H2R. I like to think the R will appreciate in value while the H2 will maintain itself or not depreciate as hard as other bikes. For some reason I feel like Kawasaki might pull the plug on this Ninja H2 series soon so now might be the time to snatch them up.
I loved the carbon fiber fairings and the green accent colors that the Carbon has. Plus I feel that it’ll hold value a little better since it’s more “rare”.

Can’t justify the price point for a track only H2R though. I don’t want to modify it to be street rideable and I don’t go to the track very often.

and yeah I feel Kawasaki is going to be hit by Euro 5 emissions. Combined with their plan to go all electric by 2035, I think the H2 will be gone - or get switched to a hydrogen ICE.

·
Registered
843 Posts

I’m not sure I would be putting my money into a H2R thinking it will appreciate in value , I watched a H2R sell in Bonhams auction here in the U.K. and the owner took a very heavy loss .
By all means get one and enjoy it but not for financial reasons , the H2 on the other hand has been a great buy and I’ve not regretted buying one for a minute .
A combination of a big price increase from 2015 to 2016 helped keep my £22,000 purchase price a "bargain " especially when compared with other bikes like the R1 and R1M but it’s probably now worth around £19,000 or £20,000 (low mileage)
The new Top Gun film will probably give H2 another boost in popularity so who knows when they will stop making them ? To be honest I thought 2019/20 would see the end of production especially after the Bimota H2 was launched .
For what it’s worth I think the Matt paint looks pretty good but the mirror finish is more special .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I loved the carbon fiber fairings and the green accent colors that the Carbon has. Plus I feel that it’ll hold value a little better since it’s more “rare”.

Can’t justify the price point for a track only H2R though. I don’t want to modify it to be street rideable and I don’t go to the track very often.

and yeah I feel Kawasaki is going to be hit by Euro 5 emissions. Combined with their plan to go all electric by 2035, I think the H2 will be gone - or get switched to a hydrogen ICE.
I agree on holding it value better point. In some YT videos it does look good with the green strips and then you see the shiny one and it smacks you back, like WoW!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m not sure I would be putting my money into a H2R thinking it will appreciate in value , I watched a H2R sell in Bonhams auction here in the U.K. and the owner took a very heavy loss .
By all means get one and enjoy it but not for financial reasons , the H2 on the other hand has been a great buy and I’ve not regretted buying one for a minute .
A combination of a big price increase from 2015 to 2016 helped keep my £22,000 purchase price a "bargain " especially when compared with other bikes like the R1 and R1M but it’s probably now worth around £19,000 or £20,000 (low mileage)
The new Top Gun film will probably give H2 another boost in popularity so who knows when they will stop making them ? To be honest I thought 2019/20 would see the end of production especially after the Bimota H2 was launched .
For what it’s worth I think the Matt paint looks pretty good but the mirror finish is more special .
I’m genuinely surprised someone lost money on selling a H2R. I don’t see any for sale here in US and the one or two that come up have some miles on them and are priced above MSRP.

I would say the H2 series will weather depreciation better than other super bikes. Gotta remember that there are people or kids now in a position where they can’t have or afford one and when they come into money and market is full of eco-bikes, they’ll pay too dollar for a piece of that H2 thrill.

For me the H2R is more than the money, investment or value but rather as what a “thing” to have or own or experience. Something truly amazing for our time. Loved the Desmo RR and that thing is still holding its vale (granted it’s road legal) but the H2R being what it is makes it more special and owing a thing that extraordinary, especially what it took to make it and what it can do out of the box, is the attraction to me. Like Jay Leno said, if it was Italian it would’ve cost more than $100k, lol.

Apart from the Superleggera, are there other bikes than can hold a candle to the H2R?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve just found my old post , it was a brand new 1 push mile 2015 H2R sold in 2018 at Bonhams at a loss of over £15,000 a 35% loss in three years .
Ouch! That must’ve hurt. Gotta say, selling a H2R at an auction is not a wise thing to do. The future owner for a H2R will find the bike.

I’ve decided to order the H2R with the matte paint, not pleased but it is what it is, especially not knowing what’ll happens the following year.
Also, will place a second order for the shiny H2. I’m worried on the Sales order sheet it says limit one per customer H2/H2R/H2 Carbon, does that mean limit of one each or one all up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ouch! That must’ve hurt. Gotta say, selling a H2R at an auction is not a wise thing to do. The future owner for a H2R will find the bike.

I’ve decided to order the H2R with the matte paint, not pleased but it is what it is, especially not knowing what’ll happens the following year.
Also, will place a second order for the shiny H2. I’m worried on the Sales order sheet it says limit one per customer H2/H2R/H2 Carbon, does that mean limit of one each or one all up?
you should be good. Pretty sure Kawasaki classifies the H2 and the H2R as different bikes. I’m jealous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I reckon once you're riding the H2R on track you won't even remember the colour!
ahahaha, lol, I reckon I’ll be staring at it more stationary than holding onto dear life.

I’ve read several H2 buyers talk about the “optional” akra exhaust that’s “included” or “no-cost”…any ideas what that might be about?

·
Registered
843 Posts
ahahaha, lol, I reckon I’ll be staring at it more stationary than holding onto dear life.

I’ve read several H2 buyers talk about the “optional” akra exhaust that’s “included” or “no-cost”…any ideas what that might be about?
First of all congratulations on your amazing order , the next few months are going to really drag on for you .
Regarding the Akra exhaust , they are probably referring to the 2015 and 2016 bikes in the U.K. were all fitted as standard with the Akra (slip on exhaust ) and the ugly standard dustbin (trash can ) was given to you in a box .
I believe 100% of the U.K. bikes were supplied like that , things probably changed in around 2017 onwards when you were stuck with the standard exhaust.
I’m not sure if USA buyers had the same deal but we paid more for our H2s than USA buyers .

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I bought my 2015 H2 (new in 2017), they had the option of the Akrapovic black banana muffler/can as part of the overall deal. This is in Sth Australia, but I believe it was a fairly standard deal throughout.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First of all congratulations on your amazing order , the next few months are going to really drag on for you .
Regarding the Akra exhaust , they are probably referring to the 2015 and 2016 bikes in the U.K. were all fitted as standard with the Akra (slip on exhaust ) and the ugly standard dustbin (trash can ) was given to you in a box .
I believe 100% of the U.K. bikes were supplied like that , things probably changed in around 2017 onwards when you were stuck with the standard exhaust.
I’m not sure if USA buyers had the same deal but we paid more for our H2s than USA buyers .
Thank you!
It’s already dragging on, lol. Computer wallpapers are no longer sufficient so I may have to resort to a 1:12 Tamiya model for now.
It’s really my first purchase of a bike that’s not more than 15 years old or even a car that’s not more than 20 years old, lol, so uncharted territory from here on.
Thanks for clarifying regarding the optional exhaust. It seems like it was included in the price by the sound of it and that it may be no longer an option since then

This is why the whole process has been a treasure hunt of uncovering information.
Am I correcting in saying the H2R comes with Stands, Tire Warmers and extra pair of slicks?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts