Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've probably done thousands of laps at that track, but its condition has deteriorated to the point that I'm only doing one event a year there (our vintage roadracing organization has their season opener there).

The runoff areas were never designed with 200+ hp bikes in mind ...

The rider was taking it easy (and I can't fault him for that - I'd be doing exactly the same). For comparison, I did around 2:05 on my 63 hp FZR400 a few weeks ago. Used to be a few seconds faster than that, but I'm getting olde and the track is becoming shite. Pro Superbikes are 1 min fortysomething and 600s are 1:50 give or take, on that track configuration

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like tons of fun. A beautiful day for it too.

"Shannonville", is that in the US? I'm just curious where and what this track is.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That explains it then.

GEEZ you Shannonville track owners...get that thing in shape!
The track is owned by an accountant whose idea of how to operate the track appears to be to spend as close to nothing as possible. I'm serious!

And ... he's retiring and the track is for sale. And the price has been coming down. From what I've heard, $3M plus assume about $900k in debt and it's yours. Unfortunately, it requires considerable further expenditure to bring it up to snuff. It was a great track, 10 - 20 years ago, and it now has cross-town competitors that it didn't have back then (and probably wouldn't have if it were not for neglect and indifference).

Waiting for the bankruptcy and picking it up for pennies on the dollar with the debt written off would make a whole lot more sense. It is very unlikely that this site would ever be built into residential housing in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The track is owned by an accountant whose idea of how to operate the track appears to be to spend as close to nothing as possible. I'm serious!

And ... he's retiring and the track is for sale. And the price has been coming down. From what I've heard, $3M plus assume about $900k in debt and it's yours. Unfortunately, it requires considerable further expenditure to bring it up to snuff. It was a great track, 10 - 20 years ago, and it now has cross-town competitors that it didn't have back then (and probably wouldn't have if it were not for neglect and indifference).

Waiting for the bankruptcy and picking it up for pennies on the dollar with the debt written off would make a whole lot more sense. It is very unlikely that this site would ever be built into residential housing in the foreseeable future.
Pretty much what I do for a living as " The Last Vulture On The Fence ". >:D

Have done it with small apt buildings and houses.

Wonder how it would work for a track ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts