Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quickly realizing after modifying the H2, how much of a bargain the H2R really is!

Has anyone bought an H2, then upgraded to an H2R?

Has anyone ridden both to compare?

I like the idea of a street-able H2r:)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am quickly realizing after modifying the H2, how much of a bargain the H2R really is!

I like the idea of a street-able H2r:)
A dealer friend of mine has had one since 2015 and he used it for one run at an LSR meeting before they banned it for excessive noise. Measured at 125dB @ 4,000 rpm. Ouch !!

We discussed what could be done but it never got beyond that. Now he tells me that he has a potential buyer for it. The customer also wants it converted for street-legal use. If it comes to fruition the performance workshop will hopefully be photographing and describing the various steps in the project. If they don't then I will.

If It goes ahead I'll post more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A dealer friend of mine has had one since 2015 and he used it for one run at an LSR meeting before they banned it for excessive noise. Measured at 125dB @ 4,000 rpm. Ouch !!

We discussed what could be done but it never got beyond that. Now he tells me that he has a potential buyer for it. The customer also wants it converted for street-legal use. If it comes to fruition the performance workshop will hopefully be photographing and describing the various steps in the project. If they don't then I will.

If It goes ahead I'll post more.
Thanks!

Cliff Secord has a good write up on what he did, and a couple of others in the USA have also made it street-able.

A guy on Youtube called 'The Last H2Rfigher' has videos of him riding around Ohio on a street H2R. It may be Cliff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
From what I understand that guy (same guy, two names) wont be posting on here again, I believe he's banned and has been pretty unpleasant/argumentative/arrogant in the past...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a 2015 H2 first Edition!
My aim and dream was a 300hp carbon Fibre H2R "look" bike for some nice street runs and puplic viewing on some car and bike events...
I took the bike from the dealer and i delivered it to CarboM on the same day
After Carbom. holds my Bike over one year back for building CF parts for the world! I was waiting and waiting to get MY Bike and MY ordered CF parts back (they promised me end of 2015) lol
My bike was in a raped condition when I get it back from this """""EXPERTS"""""

Than i ordered a nice exhaust and some other parts for this machine...
After the delivery of this CF H2R wing crap from SA...
I decided to make a cut!!!
No more fun no more love for this H2 street R project couse all bloodhounds wants your money,they are promising and promising but actually they cant give you Quality!

I sold my H2 and all parts and i bought finally one of my dreams...
the H2R

My H2 project was round about 40K€
The step for the R is not a big thing than!
And it's better to give this money Kawasaki before I give it to some barking and money eating "underdogs" without a heart for bikers or the bike passion from costumers !

For me it doesnt matter what this H2R is compared to a stage 3 H2, or a fake H2R copy
The R is the R and it is exactly what I like to ride since release day one!!!

I will never buy the cheap option in my life again when I'm in love with a expensive king edition...
Couse you will have only problems if you are not able to lift this building project by your own or with backup of really good partners!

The H2&H2R is a big part of my life!

Reactions: jayski

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had my H2R on the street for quite a while. Had several officers stop me and even 1 follow me into a cars and coffee, as they recognized it as the H2R and it was not supposed to be street legal. They gave it a going over and checked to be sure the registration and plate were not off another bike. I didn't do anything as extravagant as Mr. Secord, a couple of lights mounted, connect the tail light, a bar end mirror and finally street tires. I had several text and e-mail conversations with Mr. Secord with regard to his experiences with the H2R on the street and track. He is somewhat opinionated and rough in his conversations but if you see beyond that he is a nice person, and certainly has learned a lot and has a lot of info to share about the bike through his experiences and knowledge. The R was actually well behaved on the street, or I was with the throttle control. LOL As I was taught by my father, all control belongs to the throttle hand and its response to what is happening. I have ridden a modded out H2 [did not have the supercharger gears changed]. I found it easy to ride fast [compared to the H2R] and to keep the front down, and use more of its capabilities. It most certainly wasn't tame, LOL, but compared to the R it was. The H2 is fast as **** because, at least in my humble opinion, you can use most of what it has available. This is simply my opinion, as I am definitely not a professional racer, or claim to be a riding expert of any kind, simply a 240lb [athletic I like to say] 61 year old enthusiast. I have had the R to 210.2 [short shifting each gear and just reaching 5th gear at the end] in a standing mile, and 192 in standing half mile. After going to the Colorado mile right after purchasing the bike, and only reaching 187MPH, due to a restricted ecu, such as the H2 is restricted to. [R is supposed to be unrestricted, and Kawasaki told me they had no idea why it was] I decided and my family and friends chipped in to rent a facility to use to get over my frustration. I purchased my own timing system like what is used at the Texas and Mohave miles. This way I would have accurate measures, as I didn't want it off the gauge or GPS on my phone or something. The speedometer as was recorded when I scrolled through the recorded info at the end of the ride registered, 239MPH. I would have been faster but I rented the Space Port in New Mexico at the wrong time of the year [unfortunately my only chance to do it] it was cool and my shield was fogging where I could eventually not see. [couldn't hold my breath the whole way] I actually let off the throttle for a couple of seconds and looked up and to the side so the shield would clear and I could locate where I was, before the end of the mile, then got back to full throttle straight away. As a side note, as I did this the front came up and it threw me right on to the tail even at I don't know guessing 170 - 180+ MPH as I was not looking at the gauge at that moment. I was too busy feeling my sphincter tighten. One of my contacts actually blew out. The 1/2 mile was done several months after my mile attempts so I figured I had mastered a few steps. [my 1/2 mile speeds in New Mexico and Colorado were 174 - 178MPH] Haven't been able to do a mile since. Personally, if I had purchased the H2, I would have been disappointed, not because it doesn't perform as a wild beast but because I would not have experienced the extreme R version. I am not capable or ever will be of controlling it to be able to ride to its max. It is the experience and the process that I am looking for, not to be the worlds best. I am actually going to go to Rickey Gadson's school the end of March to learn from the expert. My goal is to go through the process of and experience the mastery of the steps that I am capable of. It makes me a better rider, and other bikes that i thought were wild, seem almost like a scooter. I will add that I am purchasing a bike that is possibly more extreme than the H2R. The owner and developer, Richard does not want me to provide any specifics until I have the bike on the track, so I will of course honor that and only say that the Lightning LS218 is in the mid 200's with regard to ft/lbs of torque and is available straight away when initially twisting the throttle. [he doesn't want hp numbers shared as it is new development] I should have it within the month. Richard is in the process of updating the battery to be lighter and even more powerful. It will be interesting to see what it is like. For now, the sound and the feeling of riding the H2R is beyond description. It had a faulty pop off valve when I took it on the 1/4 mile. It almost seemed to stall so I let off the throttle trying to figure out what was wrong and when i determined it was probably me, I got back on the throttle. I was just below 60mph at the 1/8 mile as I was slowing trying to determine if i should get back on it, I did, a hundred feet or so past the 1/8 mile and ended up at 157 at the 1/4. It launched so hard front end standing tall, and powerfully, I almost fell off the back as I wasn't expecting it to respond like that based on the start and 1st 1/8 mile. [my inexperience] Anyhow the H2 and the H2R are the most extreme bikes on the road, and at the track. There is nothing like them. The sound is like no other, except a Moto GP bike. We are all very fortunate to experience this bike each in our own way.

·
Registered
438 Posts
@jayski
Wow thanks for sharing this!
Thanks to all of the other H2R guys too!
I just can' help but wonder if they are really restricted? If so what do they dyno at restricted?
And what they dyno at unrestricted?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts