Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested in two strokes . I had to have a garage sort out today and took the opportunity to photograph my H2 and Bimota Vdue together , picture in my gallery if you would like to see the two side by side .

·
Registered
376 Posts
For anyone interested in two strokes . I had to have a garage sort out today and took the opportunity to photograph my H2 and Bimota Vdue together , picture in my gallery if you would like to see the two side by side .
Love the two strokes! My favourites would have to be the Suzuki RGV, and of course any of the two stroke motocrossers, but the Aprilia RS 250 is one closest bikes to the H2 for excitement! But I have to admit the RS would run rings around the H2 in the handling department! I had an immaculate 2002 model I sold recently...
Good to see the two strokes living on!
Well done material!
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I used to race a two stroke, it was a Rotax 250, and when it hit the power band it was very similar to the H2's supercharger, the main difference being there was no power at all below the power band, then it was like a slingshot when it kicked in. Fun bike, it was a real race bike.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the two strokes! My favourites would have to be the Suzuki RGV, and of course any of the two stroke motocrossers, but the Aprilia RS 250 is one closest bikes to the H2 for excitement! But I have to admit the RS would run rings around the H2 in the handling department! I had an immaculate 2002 model I sold recently...
Good to see the two strokes living on!
Well done material!
Jeffro ;)
The Bimota has an even shorter wheelbase than the RS 250 but I'm ashamed to say it's never seen the track ,it's a criminal waste really but like my H2 I just cannot afford to crash it but I tip my hat to you guys ragging your H2 s on the circuit .

·
Registered
258 Posts
The RS250 in top condition...is one dream of mine for sunday turns!
The 1971-74 two stroke 750 H2 costs 12-20K in Europe one of my mates got one of them in his retro collection!
may one day i will keep it for him...
Two stroke power and care this is awesome

·
Registered
376 Posts
I used to race a two stroke, it was a Rotax 250, and when it hit the power band it was very similar to the H2's supercharger, the main difference being there was no power at all below the power band, then it was like a slingshot when it kicked in. Fun bike, it was a real race bike.

Is there anything you haven't done?

·
Registered
376 Posts
The RS250 in top condition...is one dream of mine for sunday turns!
The 1971-74 two stroke 750 H2 costs 12-20K in Europe one of my mates got one of them in his retro collection!
may one day i will keep it for him...
Two stroke power and care this is awesome
Hey mate yes the RS 250 is a dream two stroke and has the reputation for one best handling bikes ever! Mine saw the track a few times and didn't let me down. However it was a sexy bike to look at! The design and that swing arm is magnificent! The Suzuki engine and Italian influence and intervention in that series is/was out this world!
Cheers to you...don't give up dreaming to get one :)
The original H2 is very rare here in Australia now. I rode one long time ago and the H1 also. They are nothing like today's bikes ha. They went very well but didn't turn or stop. Lots riders were killed on them. A friend mine recently sold a h1 recently in exc con for around $13000 Australian....
Take it easy mate!
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
The Bimota has an even shorter wheelbase than the RS 250 but I'm ashamed to say it's never seen the track ,it's a criminal waste really but like my H2 I just cannot afford to crash it but I tip my hat to you guys ragging your H2 s on the circuit .
Hey buddy sounds like a real gem! What Bimota model and year manufacture is it? Don't know much about them? Is it a 250?
A ride mate of mine has one those Bimota models with the Tele lever style front suspension ( no conventional forks) looks awesome. I tried to con him into riding it but no success so far.
I am with you as far as riding the H2 on the track, it's my pride and joy and actually I don't really want to use it on the track anyway it's a street bike not a tracker. It's best to have a real track bike for that!
Take it easy mate...
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
The 250RS in on my list for late 2017
This bike is just awesome and it will stay with me a long long time(hopefully)

The first H2 is coming too but I have to wait a few years I believe...
I know lovely 2strokes from my motocross history it was the best time on the track
The sound and smell of this engines is always in my head!

There is a new supersport project out there 500cc two stroke from suter

Suter MMX 500 - Motorcycles

This is what I put one day in my garage... Even in the electric bike future this beast is behind my H2R that what I want...
500cc two stroke a real canon ball<3

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey buddy sounds like a real gem! What Bimota model and year manufacture is it? Don't know much about them? Is it a 250?
A ride mate of mine has one those Bimota models with the Tele lever style front suspension ( no conventional forks) looks awesome. I tried to con him into riding it but no success so far.
I am with you as far as riding the H2 on the track, it's my pride and joy and actually I don't really want to use it on the track anyway it's a street bike not a tracker. It's best to have a real track bike for that!
Take it easy mate...
Jeffro ;)
The Bimota Vdue(2) is 500cc 2 stroke, built from 1997. The first models were equipped with electronic injection, but Bimota never managed to get it work, so in the end it was replaced by carburetors in the later models. It wasn't a great success, and it's one of the main reasons that took Bimota to bankruptcy in 2001.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Bimota Vdue(2) is 500cc 2 stroke, built from 1997. The first models were equipped with electronic injection, but Bimota never managed to get it work, so in the end it was replaced by carburetors in the later models. It wasn't a great success, and it's one of the main reasons that took Bimota to bankruptcy in 2001.
Yes It was the bike that bankrupted Bimota as they tried to develop their own engine instead of using Honda , Yamaha , Suzuki or Ducati etc . The original bike was a disaster and never ran correctly and over 100 bikes were returned to the factory for either money back or a YB8 R . The carbs did sort it out but by that time the damage was done and it folded the company for a while .
The fact that they were £14,000 in 1998 did not help !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts