·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Rockingham with MCN

·
Registered
350 Posts

"A steady start reveals that there isn't much difficult about riding the Kawasaki H2. Lucky owners will be relieved to hear that beyond the hype it's just a normal bike that pulls very hard when the motor is 'on the pipe. But it doesn't carry it's bulky 238kg weight well on track.

It's not the supercharged part of the H2's make-up that makes it such a handful around Rockingham - that's relatively unremarkable - but the weight, the instability on and off the power and the low speed throttle response. A Suzuki Hayabusa would have been easier to ride."

MCN later added more comments to the initial MCN description for its video on YouTube: :D

"At the beginning of the day (in this video) I didn't enjoy riding the H2 around the track, but during the afternoon it grows on me. It's actually fun to control something so out of shape, leaving huge back lines on acceleration and snaking into corners with the rear tyre and supercharger squealing in protest.

Now, a day later, I can't stop thinking about this scary, fun, mental, annoying, brilliant, flawed, snatchy, smooth, slow, fast contradiction of a beast. It's stirred-up more emotions than any bike I've ever ridden. I think I like it."

·
Registered
406 Posts
Kawasaki H2 2015 ridden at Rockingham by Neevesy | First Ride | Motorcyclenews.com

"A steady start reveals that there isn't much difficult about riding the Kawasaki H2. Lucky owners will be relieved to hear that beyond the hype it's just a normal bike that pulls very hard when the motor is 'on the pipe. But it doesn't carry it's bulky 238kg weight well on track.

It's not the supercharged part of the H2's make-up that makes it such a handful around Rockingham - that's relatively unremarkable - but the weight, the instability on and off the power and the low speed throttle response. A Suzuki Hayabusa would have been easier to ride."

Bingo... as I expected.

Rhody...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I guess the track test proved what we expected - but look at the circuit - tight, twisty, and with a 30 mph hairpin. The H2 had a higher top speed on the short straight (135mph vs 127mph) but lost out on the corners

·
Registered
473 Posts
Results are what everyone should have expected from a 500lb plus Hyperbike. But man is the acceleration a hoot!

I understand what the writer is referring to regarding low speed throttle response. Actually the throttle response is very sensitive (too sensitive) at all speeds. Takes some getting used to the throttle response for sure.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Kawasaki H2 2015 ridden at Rockingham by Neevesy | First Ride | Motorcyclenews.com

Every word of that - OUCH.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This was the track test part of the MCN article on H2, R1 and Hayabusa. They didn't even try the 'Busa at the track and always knew the superbike R1 would be quicker round the Rockingham tight and twisty circuit.

The road riding part, in Germany, was a bit different. Look at this chart they published. They concluded that they could live with any shortcomings the H2 has and would all choose it over the other bikes.

H2, 0 - 180 mph = 15.23 secs. Quarter mile 9.87 secs.
Busa, 0 - 180 mph = 22.44 secs. Quarter mile 10.31 secs.
R1, 0 - 180 mph = 28.40 secs. Quarter mile 10.42 secs.

This is why I bought an H2.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Every word of that - OUCH.
Could you please let me know why every comment you make seems to be by picking on the H2 shortcomings?

It is just interesting to me to understand why you would insist and reiterate your negative opinion on a forum where the vast majority writes to exchange information and generally likes the H2 quite a lot...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could you please let me know why every comment you make seems to be by picking on the H2 shortcomings?

It is just interesting to me to understand why you would insist and reiterate your negative opinion on a forum where the vast majority writes to exchange information and generally likes the H2 quite a lot...
'Cos the mans a **** ?

·
Registered
248 Posts

I gathered Cliff doesn't understand the reason the H2 was built, Racing, basic and general knowledge of this vs that (ie: power vs weight vs length vs etc.) The easiest way I can explain it to most is think of it as a Bugatti Veron. It was done because it could be and to shake up the industry. Kawasaki did just that... Goal achieved.

Once a avid track/semi-pro/pro rider learns and understands the H2's needed cornering lines, handling, and throttle control, I feel it could then hold it's on against the nay sayers on the circuits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts