Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
give it time and the bike mags will do an official roll on test.

There are several people on here that own ZX-14R's, I think they'll tell you that the H2 is stronger all the way around. When just rolling on the throttle in sixth, even from 4K it pulls really hard. The H2 has a ton of torque across the whole rpm range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fair enough....

It appears at looking at some dyno charts the zx14r and h2 are very close in hp but the h2 is around 50 lb's lighter. 50 lbs usually equates to about a 2-2.5 mph difference in a qtr mile drag race with an average rider all things being equal( the ability to use the power without wheeling it, bogging etc.)

Now some of the power junkies on this board patiently wait for ecu flash, exhaust, filters etc. like myself.

Now I live at altitude of 5000ft plus, normally aspirated bikes lose about 3% hp per 1000 ft. I believe supercharged motors lose about 1% per 1000 ft.. So I'm taking and educated guess that at elevation the na bikes will lose to the h2 in a more dramatic fashion.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fair enough....

It appears at looking at some dyno charts the zx14r and h2 are very close in hp but the h2 is around 50 lb's lighter. 50 lbs usually equates to about a 2-2.5 mph difference in a qtr mile drag race with an average rider all things being equal( the ability to use the power without wheeling it, bogging etc.)

Now some of the power junkies on this board patiently wait for ecu flash, exhaust, filters etc. like myself.

Now I live at altitude of 5000ft plus, normally aspirated bikes lose about 3% hp per 1000 ft. I believe supercharged motors lose about 1% per 1000 ft.. So I'm taking and educated guess that at elevation the na bikes will lose to the h2 in a more dramatic fashion.
If you find a good chart showing the torque, you'll see the H2 has the same if not more torque across the whole rpm range as well.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Its very different to my 200mph+ zx12r....You have to work the 12 up to 120 mph in second gear,,, the H2 just shifts. These bikes have so much.....Best of all we know what the motor can do so when you get to the level of giving it the beans it should be easy ( ish ) to reprogram.

·
Registered
69 Posts
give it time and the bike mags will do an official roll on test.

There are several people on here that own ZX-14R's, I think they'll tell you that the H2 is stronger all the way around. When just rolling on the throttle in sixth, even from 4K it pulls really hard. The H2 has a ton of torque across the whole rpm range.
As an owner of a ZX-12R and willing to accept this beast has been bred beyond the 12 and 14Rs (whilst we can still compete and/or beat ZX-10s). That had to be a given for the H2 and the by the sounds of everyone who has their bike, it's a given. I'm now just keen to see how much better than my S1000RR it is and the other new breed of litre bikes.

Rock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
As an owner of a ZX-12R and willing to accept this beast has been bred beyond the 12 and 14Rs (whilst we can still compete and/or beat ZX-10s). That had to be a given for the H2 and the by the sounds of everyone who has their bike, it's a given. I'm now just keen to see how much better than my S1000RR it is and the other new breed of litre bikes.

Rock.
Restricted ECU.
In a straight line H2 will beat everything IMHO.
On a track,Gen 4 ZX-10R,S1000RR,R1M1,will be close,stock H2 no diet.
Un-restricted or flashed ECU.
Straight line Eat dust
Track. I'll bet my H2 will beat my Gen 3 and I also feel on a track with some long straights nothing will get within earshot.
This is with similar riders ability wise.
H2 with a weight loss regime,exhaust etc take 30 kg's off,nothing will be in the same ball park.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Many people tell the H2 have a lot of torque and i'm very surprise to see the ZX14R wtq vs H2 wtq on this dyno sheet ! The MAX peak torque of the H2 is the same torque as the ZX14R at around 5 000 rpm ???

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
i always thought torque on a dynosheet was recalculated to crank torque? otherwise it would be dependent on which gear you use. and if you calculate theoretic acceleration using the numbers on dynosheets as wtq my old wolkswagen diesel would be faster than my h2...;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts