Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get riders seeking me out to run the canyons all the time, but Sunday I had the fastest car in Southern California (yeah no joke) show up to run against me. This is the same car/drive in this video that I raced against:

First couple of runs it was all me, I think he was uncomfortable on this road. 3rd run he got out in front and absolutely pelted me with rocks, have to replace my windshield & helmet shield. 4th run was the most evenly run, I got the initial jump and then he left. I got to about 194 on this stretch and he was about 220 I think. You'll note a guy on a red/white BMW running with me, he dyno'd at 200, watch how he disappears in the background as the supercharger kicks in :eek:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lovely roads, great video .... you should you that for a living!

BTW i know you do :)

HA! I was just about to reply "I do"

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice! Pretty impressive considering what Lambo is worth...got no idea ( have no interest in so called exotic cars:|) Guessing over a couple hundred or more K? On the other hand....Considering how much grunt I know your bike has that car really moves on top end (but so it should). Love your video shame no forward facing camera though be good to see a few different angles. Nice road, looks a little like similar place over here :) Thanks for sharing it...
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice! Pretty impressive considering what Lambo is worth...got no idea ( have no interest in so called exotic cars:|) Guessing over a couple hundred or more K? On the other hand....Considering how much grunt I know your bike has that car really moves on top end (but so it should). Love your video shame no forward facing camera though be good to see a few different angles. Nice road, looks a little like similar place over here :) Thanks for sharing it...
Jeffro ;)

The Gallardos replacement the Huracan starts at $200k & can easily get to $275k. About $180k is where a 2008 Lambo would have started (base msrp) but that could easily be $250k after options & before taxes. UnderGround Racing is extremely well known modding Lambos w/ their twin turbo kits. Seeing how in the 1/2 mile it's a 230mph car it's probably at least their racing kit which start at $100k but more likely their X kit which is 2000 + rwhp & WELL North of $100k for that mod.

What the car is "worth" dunno but there's probably at least $400k in the car. That car is not you're average let's reflash the thing get some more horsepower & throw on an exhaust, it's about as beastly as they come.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Modding cars gets expensive REAL fast!

I have a 2003 z06 with an LPE C5r race block, 427 with billet this and forged that, twin turbo. It makes approx 800 rwhp and 850 rwtq. The upgrade was over $60k for a crappy Chevy, and after the tranny broke for the fifth time, i gave up and it has sat for over 5 years .

The motor could handle 1500 hp, but not the tranny.

What a waste of over $110K :(

Bikes are a lot more fun!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What the car is "worth" dunno but there's probably at least $400k in the car. That car is not you're average let's reflash the thing get some more horsepower & throw on an exhaust, it's about as beastly as they come.
yeah everything you said in your post..I couldn't have said it better, and you clearly know a lot more about this play cars than I do. In that 4th & final run we did where he beat me, if you look at the end of that run I was a few bike lengths behind him traveling at the same rate of speed, he just got out front with a quicker acceleration. I'm thinking I might challenge him to a rematch after I re-tune my bike for the Arkansas Mile coming up in June, I'll have the intercooler installed by then and we're going to tune with race gas which will add 50hp. Also I might see if he will do the run from a standing stop which would give me the advantage. He wanted a roll of at least 70mph because he described a huge lag/dead spot for the turbos to build up. If this happens I need to make sure I'm out front cause I don't want to get pelted with rocks again.

Reactions: Jeffro

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, funny side note; we're 70 miles East of San Diego out in the mountains, pull over to our usual spot to gas up our bikes with 91oct, I look over and they're pulling 15 gal race fuel out of the back of the GTR's trunk to gas up their cars, at $30/gal. Yeah next time I'm showing up with a race-fuel tune for sure.

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
yeah everything you said in your post..I couldn't have said it better, and you clearly know a lot more about this play cars than I do. In that 4th & final run we did where he beat me, if you look at the end of that run I was a few bike lengths behind him traveling at the same rate of speed, he just got out front with a quicker acceleration. I'm thinking I might challenge him to a rematch after I re-tune my bike for the Arkansas Mile coming up in June, I'll have the intercooler installed by then and we're going to tune with race gas which will add 50hp. Also I might see if he will do the run from a standing stop which would give me the advantage. He wanted a roll of at least 70mph because he described a huge lag/dead spot for the turbos to build up. If this happens I need to make sure I'm out front cause I don't want to get pelted with rocks again.

Yeah, in the past was into high end sports cars as much as I was into my bikes. W/ their twin turbo kit, stock engine the Gallardo is good for 800/900rwhp on pump fuel but the car you're playing with is in a whole nother league, highly modified engine & would make a Bugatti Veyron look silly in a race, wouldn't even be a contest. It's a great platform for insane power & being able to put it to the ground too w/ all wheel drive, mid mounted engine. It's as fast a street legal car that is out there, seriously. I've seen a few of UnderGrounds cars in person, they're pretty insane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts