Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am pretty sure a de-restricted H2 with bolt-ons will be just as fast the H2R. Akrapovic had an H2R put down 241whp, and their stock H2 put down 195. Exhaust, stage 2 flash and a PC5 will net more power than H2R for sure. Hard to say if the weight difference will help.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am pretty sure a de-restricted H2 with bolt-ons will be just as fast the H2R. Akrapovic had an H2R put down 241whp, and their stock H2 put down 195. Exhaust, stage 2 flash and a PC5 will net more power than H2R for sure. Hard to say if the weight difference will help.
I didn't realize that, thought the stage 2 260ish rwhp was shy of the H2R, thought it was over 300 at the crank. I can't wait to get stage 2 installed next week.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I didn't realize that, thought the stage 2 260ish rwhp was shy of the H2R, thought it was over 300 at the crank. I can't wait to get stage 2 installed next week.
Ya they were showing as high as 326bhp (crank) but clearly that must have been over rated, or we are looking at a ridiculous amount of drivetrain loss lol, which I don't think is the case.

Id love to see a back to back dyno test with the two bikes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the stage 2 flashed and piped H2 made more than the R model.

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'd LOVE to own an H2R, didn't consider it because I didn't think it would be possible to register it for street use but seeing an R on the road can't help but wonder if I could have done the same. Probably not especially in a nanny state like NY, only place worse (in the states) is the people's republic of California.

But considering its the same engine (minus a gasket, clutch & cams) that the H2 is capable of similar HP to the H2R, reliably,,, when set up right; Stage 2, DNA, full Brocks, PVC equipped H2 might be the smarter purchase. Of course the extremely limited #s of H2Rs is an advantage but $28k vs $50k for similar performance? Seems like a lot of the value of the H2 is actually in the huge amount of untapped potential of the existing engineering (considering the stock engine, transmission, etc. is capable of handling so much more) that Brocks has unleashed. It's interesting.

Been watching developments & waiting for months but now I'm so close :

·
Registered
135 Posts
It is a very interesting comparison. The h2 is a low to mid monster, front wheel is of course in the air. The H2R delivers its power more predictably. To me it feels easier to control, than the H2. The power is more of a roll on smooth curve upwards. The big difference to me is in the upper RPM range, the freakin H2R will throw your ass off the back, really. The weight difference on a full on power hit or in a tight corner also makes a big difference. You do notice the 75 lbs less.

What really will be crazy is when Brock tunes in the Stage 2 package, with A set of H2R cams.

In that case the H2 would probably match the top end of the H2R. And if the low to mid is still the same. The H2 will be right there.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It is a very interesting comparison. The h2 is a low to mid monster, front wheel is of course in the air. The H2R delivers its power more predictably. To me it feels easier to control, than the H2. The power is more of a roll on smooth curve upwards. The big difference to me is in the upper RPM range, the freakin H2R will throw your ass off the back, really. The weight difference on a full on power hit or in a tight corner also makes a big difference. You do notice the 75 lbs less.

What really will be crazy is when Brock tunes in the Stage 2 package, with A set of H2R cams.

In that case the H2 would probably match the top end of the H2R. And if the low to mid is still the same. The H2 will be right there.
Stage 2 w/ Brocks pipe is much closer in weight, the OEM muffler alone 18lbs, think the cat is another 18. Eliminate H2s rear fender, etc. lights, lose the mirrors which are pretty heavy about 3 lbs each the difference in the H2Rs body work can't be more than 5-10lbs most.

I hear what you're saying but I was comparing a stage 2 H2 not a stock H2...I didn't know this till recently but the stage 2 & H2R seem to be making very similar top end power. Brocks already showed a Dyno chart at 268 & 274hp (tuned for race fuel)that's 304 at the crank. One test by Akro showed 241 for the R, 195 for the stock H2, considering stage 2 (w the 4 bolt ons) adds 60+ HP, the properly set up stage 2 H2 may actually be making more power across the rev band.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its so easy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts