Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulling the can made a difference, well I'll be...

Rhody...
Seemed to of. Think the guy having a run under his belt helped too. perhaps he made electronic adjustments as well? I know for my bike having tc above 1 will kill drive. Off is best of course.. But wot with tc off isn't for faint of heart even on 10r never mind h2

·
Registered
574 Posts
Legal & safe = fun

Sure nice to see a video without any Volvos or minivans as obstacles or distractions.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Banned
546 Posts
That was a GRREAT vid, thanks for posting.
How was that great? I just watched my $30k supercharged bike get beat by a naturally aspirated sibling that costs half of what I just paid for mine. Getting a little irked by the fact that the H2 is having serious difficulty beating every other 1K with bolt ons. It should be a bloodbath not luck of the draw.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Poser!

How was that great? I just watched my $30k supercharged bike get beat by a naturally aspirated sibling that costs half of what I just paid for mine. Getting a little irked by the fact that the H2 is having serious difficulty beating every other 1K with bolt ons. It should be a bloodbath not luck of the draw.
Something smells fishy about you, the only one on hear that ever referred to this bike as costing $30K was banned from this site. The H2 cost was $25K and if you really own one, you would know that.

Reactions: edinlr

·
Registered
211 Posts
I enjoy watching all of these vids, but...

Ridiculously unscientific video. We don't know the skill of either rider. All we know is that one looks like a lumberjack compared to the other. Not only does that affect acceleration, but the aero profile is completely different. There is another video out there showing a stock H2 pulling a modded 10R and modded 14R. All of these video's are completely unscientific.

To accurately test the acceleration of the two machines, you would need to use the same rider, same day, same stretch of road. A 10hz bluetooth gps (like I have used in the past) is pretty accurate. 1/4 mile testing will tell you little, because that is more a test of the clutch and chassis, than it is outright acceleration. More happens to determine your ET, in the first 60', than happens in the last 660' of the track.

Nonetheless, with a slip-on and flash adding 40+ hp to a stock H2, the whole point is rather moot. I am sure that more testing, with the same rider, under the same conditions, will prove this.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Something smells fishy about you, the only one on hear that ever referred to this bike as costing $30K was banned from this site. The H2 cost was $25K and if you really own one, you would know that.
It was $25K for the bike, $1600 in prep, delivery fees and paperwork and then almost 2K in taxes. I know because I wrote the checks a week ago. Add a tune, PowerCommander and an air filer there's a $30,000 hole in my bank account. If YOU owned one you'd know that. How is the truth 'fishy'?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well I think your logic is a little flawed. Bone stock bike vs a built up bike that cost half that. The guy could of been working on that thing since 2011, the cash amortized over the time for bike and mods could well add up to more then H2 OTD cost. Not to mention because his starting cost was lower he is freer to mod. Also, the first tunes came online just last week and this guy is out in the Bay Area, Guhl is in PA and Brocks is in OH, and besides the pricey Akra there is no exhaust mod that doesn't require custom fab work...

And riders again. Skill levels? Size is obviously huge, from the comments the guy on H2 is 6'4 245 while the guy on the 10R is 155 lbs

·
Banned
546 Posts
Well I think your logic is a little flawed. Bone stock bike vs a built up bike that cost half that. The guy could of been working on that thing since 2011, the cash amortized over the time for bike and mods could well add up to more then H2 OTD cost. Not to mention because his starting cost was lower he is freer to mod. Also, the first tunes came online just last week and this guy is out in the Bay Area, Guhl is in PA and Brocks is in OH, and besides the pricey Akra there is no exhaust mod that doesn't require custom fab work...

And riders again. Skill levels? Size is obviously huge, from the comments the guy on H2 is 6'4 245 while the guy on the 10R is 155 lbs
The 10R was spending a lot of time bouncing off the rev limiter. I think a better rider on the 10R might've put the H2 under.

I just anticipated the H2, even in novice hands, to be able to walk away from most of these guys without breaking a sweat. So far there has been a LOT of sweating to eek out a few lengths for the few wins I've seen.

Maybe we should ask our fellow H2 owners to refrain from posting videos unless they can properly represent the bike's ability? Like that guy that went to the track in a Hellcat and lost to a P85D and ruined the Hellcat's reputation for a month. If you can't ride it, don't race it. If you lose a race you should've won, for God's sake DEFINITELY do not put it on the internet. These 'won by the skin of your teeth' videos are ruining the H2's image that Kawasaki spent a year and a fortune creating.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The stats from MCN in the UK show that the H2 certainly has the legs on the stock 2015 R1 and Hayabusa - see

(thanks to BobC for posting the image)

And the H2 is just at the start of the learning curve when it comes to modifications and tuning ......................

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The stats from MCN in the UK show that the H2 certainly has the legs on the stock 2015 R1 and Hayabusa - see

And the H2 is just at the start of the learning curve when it comes to modifications and tuning ......................
I expected the new r1 to be a little closer to 2008 tech on the busa....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just for giggles, it would be interesting to see the numbers for the H2R as well.

MCN must be lacking a source with an H2R they can ring it's neck with for the test.

Rhody...

·
Banned
546 Posts

I get it but they didn't compare it to anything comparable or relevant. The 'Busa is a pig that a stock 12R would destroy. Why didn't they put it up against the Panigale and the 10R? The 10R has the same HP and the Duc has quite a bit more along with a substantial weight savings. THAT would have made sense.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I get it but they didn't compare it to anything comparable or relevant. The 'Busa is a pig that a stock 12R would destroy. Why didn't they put it up against the Panigale and the 10R? The 10R has the same HP and the Duc has quite a bit more along with a substantial weight savings. THAT would have made sense.
The new R1 is the bike that is currently winning all the comparative tests, isn't it? I think comparing to the R1 should be pretty representative of a wide variety of contemporary 1000cc inline fours.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Cliff - I don't think those two bikes on the video were running for pink slips, but just out to have some fun. It did not appear that the H2 rider was very comfortable on his bike (probably like most of us new owners), but as far as the video goes it was entertaining. I wasn't worried about the rider crashing into a minivan, getting a ticket, or running into a guard rail. It gave us a chance to see how the bike looks at speed. Was it definitive, heck no. Next, I don't know what you are so angry about. You come in here bad mouthing suppliers, other members, Kawasaki, Brock, Don Guhl, and it gets old real quick. Yes, I expect you to blast me in return, but at my age I am used to it and frankly don't really care what you say. If you do not like it here, there is a button at the top right with a red X that you can hit anytime you want. If you are looking for entertainment, healthy opinions, FRIENDLY banter, and tips about your bike and suppliers, then you are welcome to stay.

Reactions: Brig10r

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was $25K for the bike, $1600 in prep, delivery fees and paperwork and then almost 2K in taxes. I know because I wrote the checks a week ago. Add a tune, PowerCommander and an air filer there's a $30,000 hole in my bank account. If YOU owned one you'd know that. How is the truth 'fishy'?

What? Are you serious? You paid msrp and $1600 in prep work and delivery fee's? Wow, I can understand why your pissed. Your sales person or the dealership must have really sold you hype/false information or your drinking the koolaid. I have not seen any marketing data before or after my down payment stating the street H2 being 220 hp stock.. If you really did pay all those costs, I would not take your frustration out on the bike or Kaw but directly with your Salesperson or Dealer....:eek:

This bike is crazy fast in STOCK form vs any other STOCK bike out there!! Heck, the H2 stock will beat majority of the bikes that have extra bolt on items. Of course, only up to a certain speed due to the restrictions and throttle bodies shut down.. Also, the video's being shared for comparisons are either larger riders (240 lbs give or take) going against smaller riders (150-170 give or take). The wind drag and weight will always kill a heavier rider. . If the H2's are stock, the bikes are going to pull harder against their competition up to 150-160 mph before the throttle bodies shut down as seen on several videos... Once Flashed, the H2 will continue to stack up against any bike (other than turbo and sc bikes custom built motors - another subject all together). Their is still limited seat time on the bike by most of the owners which your able to see from videos. As more seat time is taken on this bike, owners that have any skills should be able to manage the hard hits from starts and roll on races.

ALSO.. I am not a brand loyalist but a adrenaline junky. I understand that everyone may have limited disposable income. If the cost of this bike has you pinching every penny, you need to purchase a second hand, preowned bike vs first year production and/or special limited models. $25,000 for a bike is not that much coin especially when comparing to the Pani's or HP4's.

I agree with several other people... Your postings and comments are very similar to a past forum member that was banned earlier. If your not the troll that is using other names on this site, please disregard my comments. If your just recently joining the forum and starting to dislike the bike because of internet videos or some haters being negative, sell it. It is obvious that your input explains why you purchased it (if you even have one). Take some track lessons and learn to ride so you can make your own statement vs using video's of other people for bragging rights...:laugh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
First, a stock 12R is not destroying a Gen2 Busa...it is down around 20 peak hp in stock form, and the torque curve is not even comparable. I've owned, and raced, both. Second, the bone stock USA 10R will make maybe 160 hp. Around 30 hp less than the bone stock H2. Now if you want to de-restrict both bikes, well that chasm will grow to around 50 hp (or more).

For someone who paid more than retail to get their bike, you sure seem to not like it very much. The body of your posts are all about bashing the bike that you just "wrote the checks for". There are a few guys on the 12R site that I need to introduce you to. They speak your language!

;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts