Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look and tell me what you think of this short video.
About 3 min. in I get into a really good dog fight with my buddy on his Ninja 300 (green/white #55) & my other buddy on his zx-10r (green wheels)
enjoy.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Fantastic editing and really like the still / photographer swop .
Cannot fail to be impressed with the 300 ninja , it reminds me very much of my Apprilia RS 250 that would pass anything in the corners ( until I over done it ) . Also love the look of the ninja going backwards out of the corners , great vid .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good vid and like it. But if you really want to know, persoanlly the music is to overpowering. I would have toned it down a bit and had the bike noise a little lounder. not much but for me the music is just to loud over the video.

But only my view mate. and Good vid still

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good vid and like it. But if you really want to know, persoanlly the music is to overpowering. I would have toned it down a bit and had the bike noise a little lounder. not much but for me the music is just to loud over the video. But only my view mate. and Good vid still
Yeah that’s a subjective call for sure. My rule of thumb when deciding to use music is when I do a collective montage of shots & stills then I like to have the music predominant and edit to the the music hits, but feel that natural track sound still needs to be in the mix. If I’m going to show true uncut laps then I feel it should be natural camera sound only with no music. But this edit was meant to be a fun music montage. In any case thanks for the feedback, glad you guys liked it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Love it.

Both camera angles are great and I liked the still editing in of the photographer. I also loved watching the rear tyre marble as if gets some heat into it and the laps go on.

Looked like a fun day out.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
........... edit to the the music hits, but feel that natural track sound still needs to be in the mix.......
Speaking with my TV broadcasting hat on this is the correct way to do it, cutting pictures to the sound track.

Nice video. As for balance? I'm probably old school, the type of guy who finds disco music too loud, but you need to decide whether it's a bike video with music or a music video with bikes. All very subjective and of course, a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked like a fun day out.
thanks, and yeah that's what I was going for, to show how fun a trackday can be!

who finds disco music too loud, but you need to decide whether it's a bike video with music or a music video with bikes. All very subjective and of course, a matter of personal taste.
yeah you're the second guy who's mentioned music too high in the mix. Tell you what next track video I make I'll use a professional mic on the exhaust and keep it predominant in the mix, blow you guys out :D

glad you guys liked the video, thnx

Reactions: BobC
1 - 7 of 7 Posts