Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm thinking of buying an H2 sx se + but I'm worried about the transmission problems, the oil pressure valve, the rear wheel bearing and the excessive wear of the rear gear. As far as I can see, the 2018-2020 models are included. I was thinking of waiting for the 2022 model but I found out from an authorized dealer that it is not for sale in Europe because of the exhaust gases (euro5) so I have the option to buy only the 2021 model. Can anyone share experiences, especially drivers who made long range 35,000 miles or 50,000 km
Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 2018 h2 sx/se that is moded, tuned and intercooled. It has had recalls for the centre stand, ecu flash for if you miss a gear and rear hub. None of which i have had issues with. I removed the centre stand before the recall because it drags on the ground at the track. Never had issues with missing a gear so my transmission is fine and once i heard of folks having issues with their rear hubs i pulled mine apart and lubed it up. I’m at 24,000km’s with multiple track days and drag events making about 220whp and i havent had a single issue except for the holes in the swing arm for the pinch bolts were fucked from factory. Tried to adjust my chain for the first time and the bolts locked up. Required a new swing arm and hub assembly as they had to use a torch to get it free. Other then that, no problems with anything you are worried about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased 2021 H2 Se Sx +, at around 3800miles, currently getting Brocks Penta Carbon full exhaust, ECU Flash, Sprint filter...they say pre Dyno all stock was 173rwhp.....excited to see post results....only thing I would say is a downfall is cost of insurance...other than that BEST bike ive ever owned

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have a 2018 h2 sx/se that is moded, tuned and intercooled. It has had recalls for the centre stand, ecu flash for if you miss a gear and rear hub. None of which i have had issues with. I removed the centre stand before the recall because it drags on the ground at the track. Never had issues with missing a gear so my transmission is fine and once i heard of folks having issues with their rear hubs i pulled mine apart and lubed it up. I’m at 24,000km’s with multiple track days and drag events making about 220whp and i havent had a single issue except for the holes in the swing arm for the pinch bolts were fucked from factory. Tried to adjust my chain for the first time and the bolts locked up. Required a new swing arm and hub assembly as they had to use a torch to get it free. Other then that, no problems with anything you are worried about.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Wow Snakes.Had no idea about pinch bolt problems.Last time I loosened mine I added some antiseize to em.I'll say the loosening part of it was kinda scarey(the first time w/o antiseize).First twist and they snapped audibly very loudly and harshly.Thought I broke em off actually.Thank God I didn't.I think I've loosened em now at least once,and they loosened very nicely with antiseize.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've had no other problems with mine at all.Everything's working good.I've got a bit over 7K right now.Just added a Brock's Penta carbon system on there,and radiator(new).The original one was fine,except while removing it I managed to fold a BUNCH of cooling fins in.It still would be fine,but I don'tlike the way it looks in there.Got impatient.Thought I could get away with not removing it,but I should have followed the Brock's advice and covered it with a cardboard piece.Much easier to deal with the headers that way.Lesson learned.
Have the exhaust on there now,just waiting for the rad.Should be here in a couple of days.Plus the new Brock's flash/tune for the penta.Gonna be fun come Springtime.Hope to see a nice improvement now the canister and cats are gone;).And the centerstand.I'll weigh her with full tank come Spring.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I also removed the centerstand.Nice bit of weight saving right there.I've got a Heindle centerstand that works REALLY well with this bike.So I can still do chain maintenance and such without drama.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Well,my H2 and 14R are sold away.Just couldn't squeeze enough MPG from my H2.The 14 really had kinda lost it's sparkle after I got my H2.Just not the same.Sold both(trade in)for my 2020 SXSE+.Ended up paying 10K for a brand new bike.AND I love this beastie.All go fast mods now done.Full penta system.Brock flash/tune.Removed quite a bit of extras I won't be using(rear pegs,rear handrails,Cats,Stock Headers,and mirrors)Redid the seat with SargeantCycles.Carbon bits throughout.Added Murph's bar risers on there.Nice difference from leaning in.I mean I still do,when carving,but it's nice to be able to kinda sit back and relax when ya want...pic is pre-Brocks penta system

This thing handles REALLY good,have an RSC Hyperpro on there as well,just in case lol.I can rail surprisingly better than either of my last two lovelies.All the factory goodies are on there,and work GREAT!VERY happy with this bike,and I can hit over 200 miles a tank.No way with my H2...got tired of having to refill every 120 miles...that's about as far as she would get with semi cruising speeds and some railing.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
my next and final mod is going to be the seat.I have the Sargeant seat...but customized to fit me.It's an awesome seat.They got it VERY right.I want to try out the 2022 seat.They seemed to make a deal out of it in the literature,which normally for a seat,they don't.Gonna give one a shot come this new year.But I'm very happy with the sargeant.FINALLY can sit back a bit and not feel angled into the tank area.Nothing like the factory seat for sure.I don't even think about my butt or anything when riding all day.They shaped it just right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts