Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we are all learning to ride this thing we learn it is somewhat of a compromise. It has a very good chassis, but not world class. For $25,000 you can either get a great chassis, or great motor, but not both. As I have ridden my H2 on the twisty mountain roads where I live, I have grown to love the extreme power, but do not like having to wrestle the bike the rest of the time. The H2R is pretty incredible with its monster power, but I guess I am waiting for some tuner to build a special that combines power and handling. Something like a 425 pound H2RR that has more carbon fiber, maybe some magnesium and titanium thrown in and 240 horsies. Street legal too and with Moto GP specs for power and handling. This should be able to be competitive on the road race track, the drags, and even on the land racing circuit. Yes, I know there is not a road race class for blown bikes, but there are still track days. The same goes for the drags and land speed racing events. Somehow, just going stinking fast is all the reward you need. Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If the H2R isn't street legal I'm not sure how regulators are going to allow a an even lighter and more powerful H2RR to go out on the road. We still might see something like this from tuners who mod the bike to make it lighter and faster, but something like this would never be street legal to ride.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the H2R isn't street legal I'm not sure how regulators are going to allow a an even lighter and more powerful H2RR to go out on the road. We still might see something like this from tuners who mod the bike to make it lighter and faster, but something like this would never be street legal to ride.

I fully expect that some hot-rod shop will build a show piece around this bike. If they could get it down to 425#, it would be an absolute beast AND it could be street legal. I am thinking all carbon fiber body and tank, a titanium exhaust, BST carbon wheels, and everything else lightened to the max, then it would be competitive with the sport bikes on the turns and would annihilate them on the straights! No, Kawasaki couldn't build this, but a small shop could. My guess is we will see one in Cycle World next year.

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
539 Posts
With an H2 being that light, we'll definitely have to see it on the track, dipping through turns and going all out on the straights!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would definitely snap up an all CF bodywork, by all means. The BST wheels are on my purchase list already, together with a lighter exhaust, I hope they release them for sale soon!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember when I joked about the $100,000 H2, I might be up to $125,000 buying all the crap we talked about above.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dialing up the wayback machine, I don't want to remember how much I spent on my first ZX12R. Carbon Fiber tank and bodywork from Japan, CF wheels...Got it down to 430 lbs with a tank of gas in it, so it's doable. And with the 1270 Muzzy kit, the bike would definitely get up and scoot for a bike of it's period. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts