Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We all know that this has been a tantalizing albeit unusual marketing strategy from Big K. No brochures or teaser display models for the ogling masses. Specifically an exclusive ground-breaker for those with wisdom and bullion or credit. Having order confirmations on both models, I had hoped to learn what buyers had experienced thus far.
While at the NYC bike show on December 14th, I saw both models in the metal and listened to Ricky rev the hybrid. I then decided to follow my earlier H2 order with an H2R purchase as well. Subsequent U-tube videos of the event included three H2 buyers who displayed gray presentation folders which presumably included their 'family' packet possibly containing Official Order Confirmation, Brochure and more exclusive documentation.
Has anyone with a confirmed order on either model received anything similar from their dealer or Kawasaki by mail?
Were you one of those gentlemen at the Javitz Center with portfolio in hand?
Enlightenment with details would be dynomite!

Thank you. \^B

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I spoke with the USA corporate office a few weeks back asking about delivery info.He said(after he looked up my order)that I would be receiving that portfolio sometime soon.I can wait.

But yeah..he assured me it was coming.I don't know how those guys at that show were able to get theirs...most likely Kawasaki expected at least ONE person to order a bike...so I could see them having a couple there...strictly for PR purposes.And that's okay with me as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I received the grey covered H2 portfolio or booklet the same as those two guy's standing with Ricky Gadson had.
My Dealer sent it out about 3 weeks ago,with a Dealer made certificate,
Part no for the booklet is 99948-1316.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Was told by a Kawi rep that for us Canuckians it would a "Big Deal" when we take delivery of our bikes.
Shure hope this means we get all the neat stuff you US guys are getting already...and more!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dealer had one of the grey portfolio booklets, which I took claim of since my bike was the only one ordered there. I have not heard a peep from Kawi about anything so far though.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I was perusing another forum earlier.A trusted guy on there who drag races was told by his 'kawi Spy' that the bikes were having the delay problem because of shipping.At least to the US.He also said...these bikes take one day to fully assemble...each one that is.He said the factory HP output was 225 at the crank.
Also he said the first 50 bikes built were the H2R,then they started with the H2.

He said this was one time run so those that ordered this bike(rivermarked)will have a bike that will basically go UP in value as time goes on.He heard this from his inside guy.250 bikes for the US.1000 worldwide.That's how many were ordered.

NOW..we add Don Guhl to the mix....guys,we're gonna have a killer bike;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My dealer had one of the grey portfolio booklets, which I took claim of since my bike was the only one ordered there. I have not heard a peep from Kawi about anything so far though.

Grrrrrrrrr......my dealer sold at least 3, incuding the owner, so there you go....

·
Registered
350 Posts
He said this was one time run so those that ordered this bike(rivermarked)will have a bike that will basically go UP in value as time goes on.
Well, willem mertens has recently posted that according to his email to him from Kawasaki in Europe, there will be 2016 H2s.

Therefore, I would consider the other information provided by the "kawi Spy" as highly suspect as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Was told by a Kawi rep that for us Canuckians it would a "Big Deal" when we take delivery of our bikes.
That will be a refreshing change if delivery is actually made a "Big Deal."

So far, the only thing that I have received from Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. is the "mushroom treatment", i.e., being kept in the dark and being fed a lot of _ _ _ _! :mad:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Mushrooms can be quite deadly,don't forget that;)

Jezebel wrote"'family' packet possibly containing Official Order Confirmation",

I got my confirmation two days after I made the deposit.My dealer didn't have any portfolios of this bike.They didn't expect anyone to buy one.At a show,it could be quite different.

I have a paper copy of the H2/H2R 'ordering procedures' sheets.My dealer e-mailed the web copy to Kawasaki right there as we waited.I then received an E-mail from Kawasaki about the H2 and my purchase about a week later.Somehow...I managed to delete the thing.Bad owner,BAD OWNER.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That will be a refreshing change if delivery is actually made a "Big Deal."

So far, the only thing that I have received from Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. is the "mushroom treatment", i.e., being kept in the dark and being fed a lot of _ _ _ _! :mad:
I feel the same way but...have cooled my heels for now.

What urked me was my salesman asked several times if it was OK for Kawi to contact me, and then...................................nothing!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey shotgun15, did you order yours from Blackfoot? Are you 'the other guy'?

I've heard ZERO from Kawi. I was at the dealership yesterday - still no info other than the sales guy saying 'April or March'

Greg

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
To me...seeing the recent posts from Don Guhl,I could care less about some hoopla pertaining to my bike.Wouldn't bother me one bit whether they EVER contacted me or not.That never entered into anything for me anyway.I guess I'm just strange that way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
To me...seeing the recent posts from Don Guhl,I could care less about some hoopla pertaining to my bike.Wouldn't bother me one bit whether they EVER contacted me or not.That never entered into anything for me anyway.I guess I'm just strange that way.
Agreed after the Guhl posts.

However the lack of "hoopla" us Canadians have experienced is discouraging to say the least.

If Kawi has a desire to compete with the prestige brands, this is not how it’s done!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I haven't received any hoopla stuff either;)But they did mail me a delay letter.

This beast is gonna rock for a streetbike.I'm totally stoked.Course,I was anyway before the master showed up.His is the confirmation I thought would be available for this H2.If anyone can do this...he can.Through all this stuff...all the negative posts,I kept remembering Kawasaki's statement..."This motor can withstand 1.5 to 2X's the stress".That was like a straight out message(to me)that what we're getting is NOT what it can(and will) be..kinda like saying...go for it guys.It's safely doable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I feel the same way but...have cooled my heels for now.

What urked me was my salesman asked several times if it was OK for Kawi to contact me, and then...................................nothing!
Exactly the same here, the dealership repeatedly asked me if it was fine for Kawasaki to contact me directly about the purchase, and then since December 8th not a peep, nothing at all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts