Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the H2sx subframe will bolt up to the regular H2.

I would like to take a young lady who like bikes for a ride and somehow the 2016 zx10r seems lacking :)

I would love to take her out on the H2 but i know it is not designed for passengers at the moment even though she only weighs about 100 lbs :)

.... and lack of footpegs :(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Nope...it's been redesigned.Unfortunately.Or fortunately,however ya see it.Gonna have ta make a choice there!From all I've read,the SX is gonna have all the grunt(possibly a bit more)than the H2(in low to midrange)...but a small loss of tq, at the top end.I'm not seein anything that will switch with an H2 on there.Too bad Kawi didn't design the H2 for a pillion.Course,they had all this figured out a few years ago.So it's not like they 'just came up with this'.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
But although h2madness is correct, with some fabrication It sure looks like it is a possibility. The reason I say that is because it supplies a seat, tail and peg holders, as well as most of the mountings for any electronics.
True it won't bolt up, but that is probably easy to rectify with some ingenuity.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"True it won't bolt up, but that is probably easy to rectify with some ingenuity".You COULD design almost anything to be how one would like like it.And make it happen.Would it be safe?Would it affect the bike negatively?

Well,possibly.But there's good reason Kawasaki didn't add that to the H2.With the wheelbase and load parameters for the H2,and the power,modifying it to fit a passenger would probably be kinda risky...IMO.It's not simply 'loading up a pillion' on there.The whole bike was not designed to do that.The trellis frame is very different on the SX.The distribution of the stresses from the motor on back are very different.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
"True it won't bolt up, but that is probably easy to rectify with some ingenuity".You COULD design almost anything to be how one would like like it.And make it happen.Would it be safe?Would it affect the bike negatively?

Well,possibly.But there's good reason Kawasaki didn't add that to the H2.With the wheelbase and load parameters for the H2,and the power,modifying it to fit a passenger would probably be kinda risky...IMO.It's not simply 'loading up a pillion' on there.The whole bike was not designed to do that.The trellis frame is very different on the SX.The distribution of the stresses from the motor on back are very different.
I don't dispute that. I'm sure the thing would be dangerous with 2 up. But all I was saying it was possible.
Which leads to another discussion, with the SX I'm betting you have to really work a bit to loft the front. If it were too easy, riding 2 up would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't see that from any of the reviews I've read...even the first ride one that was taken down.I think this 'new motor' is very strong and quick to respond.I said it before,this bike has a launch control system on it.You don't jack your prices up by putting that on a machine that really won't need that.I think it's gonna wheelie just fine.Probably 'better' than the H2.I mean,the power to wheelie probably will be a bit less...'abrupt',but still there.All the reviews say..'it hasn't lost any of the H2 excitability'.It's a bit heavier,so yeah,it's most likely gonna be a bit more 'refined' in that area.That's what I think anyway.It's a win-win bike.

To me it appears this bike has at it's heart been built as a street fighter.A rocket.That is what the H2's are really about.Don't see this one being any different.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Alacrity...which means "lively." It denotes physical quickness coupled with eagerness or enthusiasm.This is how the reviewers said they experienced the SX.That's just one definition of the word.It means a lot more than simply that.
Having had(and still have)the H2...these reviews to me reveal a bike that has the attributes of the H2,but slightly tweaked to keep the heart and soul of the H2,while gently taming the overall blast the H2 has.I think all the performance of the H2 is still there.The SX is first and foremost...a SPORTBIKE.And it was described this way by several reviewers.

Naturally,I have no real way to know this...but just like all my Kawasakis...I trust em.They've always outdone the prior generations of the big sportbikes.That's why I'm willing to get one.If I thought it'd be 'less'...I'd pass immediately.But I think it's gonna be even MORE outstanding than the H2...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Until I ride an H2 it is hard for me to judge. Is is March yet?
Although the original posters idea does sound fun. Terrifying a doubtful passenger is a hoot.
I worked for the largest slot machine mfg in the world. And when we went to make our Harley game the sound department wanted to get sounds from different bikes it integrate into the game. So they asked me who they should get and I gave them a list of people with varying bikes, a Kawasaki Vulcan, BMW K bike, BMW boxer, Honda V, and my ZX12.
The sound engineer rigged up a recording device but he had to hold the mike close to the exhaust. I came up with a strap to help him hang on. He wanted hard acceleration from each bike.
So he stared with the Vulcan, then the K bike then the boxer, then the Honda. When it came to me I told him my bike was nothing like the previous bikes and hard acceleration was not a good idea. He insisted, I argued, he still insisted and I said okay. He got on the back with his strap and we took off, I got to the area where I could gas it which was slightly uphill, I hit it, the front wheel came about 18" off the ground and it ripped up the hill. He dropped the mike, grabbed on with both arms and I shifted into second while still aloft. When we got back he was shaking and terrified saying he started screaming like a teenage girl when I gassed it. Hehe....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
In any case Ted...you're gonna LOVE your H2...guaranteed.Best streetbike out there..IMO.If my SESX isn't what I think it's gonna be...it'll be going right back.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Alacrity...which means "lively." It denotes physical quickness coupled with eagerness or enthusiasm.This is how the reviewers said they experienced the SX.That's just one definition of the word.It means a lot more than simply that.
Having had(and still have)the H2...these reviews to me reveal a bike that has the attributes of the H2,but slightly tweaked to keep the heart and soul of the H2,while gently taming the overall blast the H2 has.I think all the performance of the H2 is still there.The SX is first and foremost...a SPORTBIKE.And it was described this way by several reviewers.

Naturally,I have no real way to know this...but just like all my Kawasakis...I trust em.They've always outdone the prior generations of the big sportbikes.That's why I'm willing to get one.If I thought it'd be 'less'...I'd pass immediately.But I think it's gonna be even MORE outstanding than the H2...

OK, H2 fightback time!
I genuinely don’t want to put a downer on the SX but I don’t see how something that is considerably cheaper (7k cheaper in UK) have a detuned engine, cheapened brakes, cheapened suspension, massively cheapened paint and (IMHO) is simply nowhere near as special, can be “even MORE outstanding” than the H2? Is it now top of the Kawasaki range..?
Is it hand assembled on its own line? I genuinely don’t know but to me it has the look of a mass produced Jap bike, the H2 does not.
My H2 spends winter in my house, if I owned an SX would spend winter in my garage with a cover over it to make sure I didn’t accidentally see its fugly face
Jokes apart I’m sure it will be an incredible bike and I’m sure you’ll enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Performance wise, I am willing to bet that with a full system and a tune it’s gonna be about a match for a 14R while being lighter, more nimble and efficient. That is a great performance mark, but it is a FAR cry from an H2. Different ballpark entirely. My H leaves my 14R for dead. Easily. When I am on the H and my buddy on the 14R, by 180 I am gone, he is shrinking in the mirrors so fast it’s silly. He is a solid rider, keeps her pinned, just a different animal. The H2 is a monster with teeth and claws, the SX will be more akin to Aston Martin, unflappable composure at stunning velocities while 2 up. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess i will be buying an H2sx as well so i can take the ladies for a spirited ride. The pillion seat on the s1000rr and zx10r is a joke.

I hope it has the same upgrade potential as the H2 :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
One of the articles touted "same engine" as the H2 but then named nearly every major part, except gearbox, and said was new and different. I'd tend to call that a different engine then, so not necessarily same upgrade potential.

In particular, the much higher compression may prevent increasing boost much.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Lol!Hey...I'm goin by how it's been reviewed.And I LIKE the way it's styled;)Performance?Well...that remains to be seen.The one reviewer who actually rode it said it'll outrun and such all the modern sportbikes out there.In that class.I kinda look at it like a guitar virtuoso.Give em a cheapo instrument,it won't end up sounding 'cheap'.How about that guy named 'yellowwolf' that rides the dragon on a Honda goldwing.He's faster and more precise than almost every person down there.The bike is capable.VERY.I'm not concerned about it's performance.AND...;)...there's nothing wrong with Kawasaki built brakeslol.

I'm just not seein the ugliness of it.I'm glad they maintained the H2 styling.It's like all the Kawasaki sportbikes...it has it's own unique look to it.How many riders said the H2 was the ugliest thing they'd ever seen?Same with the 14,14R.All in the eye of the beholder.'More'?At least as much then.I don't think they'd be stickin that Rivermark on there if it was a lesser H2.IMO.????

·
Registered
625 Posts
They devalued the rivermark big time! I’m sure it will be a great bike for those with high speed sports touring aspirations! The UK road testers are reporting on them within the next few weeks (MCN etc) I expect very positive feedback as the bike will be incredibly versatile covering many more bases than the H2. I just don’t like it’s looks. At all. Although I admit I’ve not seen one in the flesh as yet. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
S'all GOOD.Will be watching for the ride vids for sure.I check everyday as it is.I certainly like my H2 over my 14r.Nothing's set in stone yet.No money passed,still have my bikes.So we'll see.I'm guessing right now he's ordered it.It's a decision I'm struggling with for sure.I KNOW how great my H2 runs and feels.IMO,no other bike out there for me as exciting and fun.I may drop the whole idea of getting rid of it.The H2 is a VERY select beastie.I'm really at a crossroads here.I really want to keep my H2....I reinstalled all the factory bodywork...got that same feeling of pride and satisfaction as I first had.IDK.Hard to explain.I just really love my H2.
Maybe I should call him and stop the order(for me).Just hate to 'go back' on this.That bothers me.He'd probably say..."you did the right thing".He's like that.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well...I called.He didn't say 'you did the right thing"...ah well.He's concerned about possibly having to pay something for ordering.IDK.It apparently hasn't shipped yet.So that's a good thing.We'll see here soon.He's gonna call me back....fingers crossed.Feel like I let him down.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Again, for me the H2 is more special, I like the small details such as the letter from Kawasaki UK, the folder with chassis number containing the keys and ninja book, the build quality and dedicated team etc etc all makes the bike a little more special.
I’m sure if you want a more versatile bike then the SX will be a great option but I wouldn’t choose one over my old 14R as they don’t appear to be physically big enough to do the luggage and two up blasting I used to do. Maybe I’m wrong but time will tell. I miss this thing and wish I’d kept it alongside my H2...

IMG_9252.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Again, for me the H2 is more special, I like the small details such as the letter from Kawasaki UK, the folder with chassis number containing the keys and ninja book, the build quality and dedicated team etc etc all makes the bike a little more special.
I’m sure if you want a more versatile bike then the SX will be a great option but I wouldn’t choose one over my old 14R as they don’t appear to be physically big enough to do the luggage and two up blasting I used to do. Maybe I’m wrong but time will tell. I miss this thing and wish I’d kept it alongside my H2...

View attachment 21457
Good looking zx14r .... and you can pick up a new zx14r for around $12k.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yep...I just can't part with mine.(H2).It's all setup exactly how I want it.Less than 500 lbs full fuel also...Sweet bike.Probably never get rid of it.H2's are definitely in the 'unique' category.Can't wait for summer!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts