Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 Ninja H2 and rode it for about 20min in 38 degree weather, rode perfect no noises etc. Oil Light came on first shortly followed by the high temp warning indicator. Immediately pulled off the road and shut it down. Let it cool for about 30 minutes and when I tried to restart it it now just slow cranks? Previous owner said the bike never did that too him(could be lying) he said check the battery, would a dead battery cause these issues? Bike has less then 900miles on it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Ninja H2 and rode it for about 20min in 38 degree weather, rode perfect no noises etc. Oil Light came on first shortly followed by the high temp warning indicator. Immediately pulled off the road and shut it down. Let it cool for about 30 minutes and when I tried to restart it it now just slow cranks? Previous owner said the bike never did that too him(could be lying) he said check the battery, would a dead battery cause these issues? Bike has less then 900miles on it.

Sorry to hear this, first question, has it been tuned/flashed or modified? I suspect probably not give the low mileage? Have you checked the water level and also the oil level glass to see the colour of the oil? Standard fuel? Sorry if I’m asking the obvious but these bikes are very much over engineered as standard so it seems very unusual...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Was there oil visible in the sight glass when you stopped?

Also what Lamf1969 said, has it been flashed? (particularly with respect to the rev-limit and any other mods)

·
Registered
288 Posts
In regards to the battery , nope wouldn't cause over heating sorry to hear but there is a issue there as my 2015 has 25,000 ks and has never overheated.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If it is slow cranking it is the battery causing the warnings. Either the battery is dying or it is not charging. Replacing the battery is probably not a bad idea.
Remember a low battery will cause all sorts of ECU errors. Charge the battery, try it again.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If it is slow cranking it is the battery causing the warnings. Either the battery is dying or it is not charging. Replacing the battery is probably not a bad idea.
Remember a low battery will cause all sorts of ECU errors. Charge the battery, try it again.

Fair comment and has to be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Reading this now. I am going to go with battery problems and causing low voltage to ECU which could throw the lights and warnings.

NOLA.

·
Registered
836 Posts
HTML:
The member joined on 4th April and only made the one post looking for information.

We can only hope he will return and let us know how his bike is.
Frustating as i would also like to know what happened to the one the had its battery connected the wrong way .
Come on , dont give us half the story .

·
Registered
587 Posts
^So many people do this, definitely frustrating. You could have ended up helping them out, and they wont even say thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts