Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

Fist , my English is not that good ... :D
I just register today but i have been reading a lot on the forum for the past 3 months.

I need your help !

I have about 3 years of experience on motorcycles, I own a 2015 ktm rc8r and an Aprilia rsv4 2014.

The H2 have been my dream bike since I saw it back in 2015 but i could not buy one anywhere, im in quebec, Canada and they are very rare. Now i have the opportunity to buy a 2018 h2 Carbon, there is only 6 avalaible in canada from what I heard.

I will give my Aprilia for trade in

I have a couple of Questions if you guys are welling to answer it will help me a lot.

1- What do you like/ hate the most about your h2 ?

2- I dont do track, it will be mostly for road use. I want to know, even if it is an hyperbike, is it still comftable ? im 6 foot 97kilos

3-With that much of power, is the electronic do a good job ? does they help ?
I also have the opportunity to get my hands on a 2018 Panigale v4s and i know it is a really good bike, but not sure about the look...

What are your though ?

Thank you guys:)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome!...1-I like everything about my H2
2-It's a fantastic road burner...I only reshaped and added a bit of foam to the front of the seat on mine...came out perfect for me.(I'm 6'1").
3-the electronics will help,but you probably won't really need em once you get used to the bike.
4-Panigale?...that's totally up to you on what you like lookswise.I think my H2 has the looks of no other bike built.I love it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
H2 for sure especially if option is a h2 carbon. Rare is good....handles everybit as good as my 2016 R1 maybe even better brakes are superb and i never even rode mine standard i sent it straight to tuner to get it played with its 270bhp and no difficulty laying it down except it eats road!! I am not brand loyal i buy what i want and ducati never even entered my head. Yamaha/ducati/suzuki all claim 200bhp machines and thats bs the h2 is and has been since 2015! I like the h2 as i consider it scary ugly or menacing i dont think its pretty like a ducati. As regards electronics it will be similar to most new bikes now with imu technology which i love on r1 and am getting aquainted with on h2.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think it all depends on how you ride. The Ducati makes good power up top, but through the rev range (under the curve) the H2 hammers it. If you are constantly wringing it out, then it is a matter of taste. The Italians get it when it comes to style but looks like pretty much the other Ducatis, but the H2 is a jaw dropper, completely unique in the motorcycling world. Another thing to consider is how easy is it to make more power, unleash the H2 with a simple flash, and the Ducati is no match for the H2. It would take thousands and lots of parts to improve what Ducati has done, it is mostly hopped up already. Spend the same money on the H2 and it will go into H2r land and that is north of 300hp. If you are going to ride the track a lot, then the Ducati is a better choice, but then maybe a ZX10 or a R1 might be better.
I myself believe that the Japanese make a more dependable motorcycle than the Italians.
I am brand biased, I bleed green, but have a soft spot for Yamahas, and KTMs. So my opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go with the bike that most people don’t have to start off....H2’s aren’t just lined up at a dealership like the Ducs are. And one thing for sure, you can ride your H2 all day long. It’s a very comfortable ride. The Duc will be uncomfortable after about an hour or so, depending on how you ride it. I’ll say this, I had a first year 1199 and they had some issues. My bet is it will be the same with the V4....So take everything I just said and buy both :) but if you have to pick one, choose the H2. Just my humble opine....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it all depends on how you ride. The Ducati makes good power up top, but through the rev range (under the curve) the H2 hammers it. If you are constantly wringing it out, then it is a matter of taste. The Italians get it when it comes to style but looks like pretty much the other Ducatis, but the H2 is a jaw dropper, completely unique in the motorcycling world. Another thing to consider is how easy is it to make more power, unleash the H2 with a simple flash, and the Ducati is no match for the H2. It would take thousands and lots of parts to improve what Ducati has done, it is mostly hopped up already. Spend the same money on the H2 and it will go into H2r land and that is north of 300hp. If you are going to ride the track a lot, then the Ducati is a better choice, but then maybe a ZX10 or a R1 might be better.
I myself believe that the Japanese make a more dependable motorcycle than the Italians.
I am brand biased, I bleed green, but have a soft spot for Yamahas, and KTMs. So my opinion is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Thank you for your reply it helps !

I think the H2 is more unique and more pretty !
I wont do track, if i do someday it will be with my KTM rc8 ....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go with the bike that most people don’t have to start off....H2’s aren’t just lined up at a dealership like the Ducs are. And one thing for sure, you can ride your H2 all day long. It’s a very comfortable ride. The Duc will be uncomfortable after about an hour or so, depending on how you ride it. I’ll say this, I had a first year 1199 and they had some issues. My bet is it will be the same with the V4....So take everything I just said and buy both :) but if you have to pick one, choose the H2. Just my humble opine....
That is what i needed to hear ! My gf have a sport touring bike so it is comfy, but my other bikes are not, so im happy to hear that the h2 is comfortable ! And like you said, there are plenty of Ducati out there, never seen an h2 here and I guess Carbon Edition is even more rare...

·
Registered
104 Posts
H2 with an air filter, akra can and ecu flashed good for 240hp, then you will never look back :) That said, I still have my 749... there is nothing as an Italian SuperBike.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Honestly you already have an extremely good bike, in the form of that Aprilia RSV4 ... Personally I wouldn't want to trade that in, but then, maybe that's why I have 5 bikes.

Compared to your Aprilia ...

The H2 is a fair bit heavier. Yes, you can do a few things to take some weight off - and the same for the Aprilia. The Aprilia is still lighter.

The H2 destroys tires. Combination of weight and power. That's just the way it is.

I know the roads in Quebec tend to be, ahem, "rough". Ontario also, but Quebec if anything is even worse. The H2 stock suspension is harsh in these conditions. I just got mine back from a local suspension guy - there is a thread elsewhere on the forum about it, he found some interesting things and made some rather large changes. I'm looking forward to trying this out when the weather warms up ... not yet. I don't know how well the Aprilia works in those conditions ... fair chance it's the same way.

If you spend any amount of time in traffic ... the H2 is not that easy to putter around at low speeds on. I don't ride mine in traffic - it's just a waste.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly you already have an extremely good bike, in the form of that Aprilia RSV4 ... Personally I wouldn't want to trade that in, but then, maybe that's why I have 5 bikes.

The H2 is a fair bit heavier. Yes, you can do a few things to take some weight off - and the same for the Aprilia. The Aprilia is still lighter.

The H2 destroys tires. Combination of weight and power. That's just the way it is.

I know the roads in Quebec tend to be, ahem, "rough". Ontario also, but Quebec if anything is even worse. The H2 stock suspension is harsh in these conditions. I just got mine back from a local suspension guy - there is a thread elsewhere on the forum about it, he found some interesting things and made some rather large changes. I'm looking forward to trying this out when the weather warms up ... not yet. I don't know how well the Aprilia works in those conditions ... fair chance it's the same way.

If you spend any amount of time in traffic ... the H2 is not that easy to putter around at low speeds on. I don't ride mine in traffic - it's just a waste.
Yeah the road are horrible here !
The aprilia I do like it ! But it is just too commun for me, I like exclusivity and also it is hard on the wrist, On my RC8 i feel like I am in a cockpit inside the bike, but with the Aprilia I feel like im on the bike if it make sens, it is very small bike...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The aprilia I do like it ! But it is just too commun for me, I like exclusivity and also it is hard on the wrist, On my RC8 i feel like I am in a cockpit inside the bike, but with the Aprilia I feel like im on the bike if it make sense, it is very small bike...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The aprilia I do like it ! But it is just too commun for me, I like exclusivity and also it is hard on the wrist, On my RC8 i feel like I am in a cockpit inside the bike, but with the Aprilia I feel like im on the bike if it make sense, it is very small bike...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Personally, most new bikes these days are fantastic machines

The duke looks awesome, by all accounts goes like stink and handles beautifully, however, the H2 is unique and special

Would I have the duke, of course, would I trade my H2 in for one ,absolutely not:)

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi mate,
I have 12 bikes ranging from old classics to turbo and 1441 Hayabusa's and Aprilia RS250's. Now don't get me wrong here I love my H2 and wont sell it.
I am 6'-4 and weigh 93kgs and find the H2 to be the most uncomfortable bike I have ever owned, the throttle is very snatchy and difficult to modulate smoothly in heave traffic, I find the riding position cramped and uncomfortable for anything but very short rides. I am about to fit the Kawasaki higher handlebars so am hoping this improves things.
The rear spring is way to soft and with my big ass on the seat it bottoms out giving a jarring ride.

Now most of these are easily fixed and the bike can be made more ridable but stock in my opinion it is far from comfortable or user friendly.

Bruce

·
Registered
53 Posts
That uncomfortable feeling you are referring to at 6’4 and 93 kilos only magnifies by like triple on a Ducati Panigale. Just sayin....The H2 is way more forgiving for bigger dudes. As for the throttle response, no doubt it’s twitchy as ****. Especially on the 15’s. I helped that issue by installing a throttle tamer and it should continue to improve after my ECU flash.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"I love my H2 and wont sell it."...

If I felt that way about any bike I couldn't ride for more than 6 hours,I'd trade it for something more rideable.I don't do 1 hr rides.Kinda surprising it doesn't work for you.200 lbs...that's not so bad.I don't think you need to spend that extra cash on bars.They only raise the bar ends 7/8ths inch.The angle is what's slightly different.Probably you won't even notice that.

The only mod ergo wise I did was reshaped and added a bit of foam to the seat.And the bars...

sorry to hear this.Sounds like night and day compared to mine.She's REALLY comfy.6'1" and 175 lbs.

Didn't know they made a 1441 Busa.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts