Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have an H2 on order in the Houston, TX area. I am a Kawasaki dealer in the Houston, area. I have been riding motorcycles for 27 years or so. I like all motorcycles and have owned and ridden a little bit of everything. I like to say all motorcycle are fun, they are just different kinds of fun. I am happy to be here. I look forward to contributing however I can.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome

Welcome.... it's nice to have a Big K dealer on this great site..

Your knowledge, and input, will be well appreciated.......:D

I have one question:

Has Kawasaki given you a delivery date? or some sort of time frame?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome Crow, my philosophy on bikes is much like yours. I like all types and sizes and they are all fun in their own way.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
H2R...It's entirely possible this bike COULD be available to dealers AFTER the deadline...remember the small print(as with ALL their bikes)..."Kawasaki RESERVES the right to make changes in pricing,Specs,and ......".It is afterall...THEIR creation.

·
Registered
574 Posts
First of all, many people are getting upset about the prospects of a second batch of H2's . We have no evidence that will happen. I seriously doubt Ricky is their new spokesman. Next, many of us, myself included, did not buy this bike based on it being a limited production bike. No one should buy a bike, car, watch, purse, etc. based on it being exclusive. There is too much temptation for the manufacturers to weasel out and make more. If they don't make another Ninja H2, then it will be a ZX14 supercharged or a 1000 Ninja supercharged or something else. We will have the first, or the limited, or whatever, but don't fuss about it. Your dealer probably did not lie to you. They just drank the Kool Aid and told you what they were told. I have seen too many last boxers, last 911's, last Ducati's, etc. No corporation has a conscience, don't ever begin to think they do. It is about the money and nothing else. They have boards and shareholders, so don't ever think the customer will be more important. It doesn't matter if it is Boeing, Airbus, Toyota, Honda, Winston, Tylenol, or any other corporation, they are all in it for the bucks - don't ever forget it. They don't care if you fall from the sky, have a stuck throttle, get killed by an airbag, or die from lung cancer, doesn't matter - just the money!

·
Registered
210 Posts
FWIW, Kawasaki didn't lie to me.

You maybe - but not me.

Well, not yet anyway. I ordered before Dec. 18 so they said they'd build me a bike. They have yet to do that but once they do, we're square.

Greg

Reactions: Brig10r and Bazza

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of curiosity, when did you order yours? Was it before or after the deadline?
I ordered mine before the deadline. I honestly don't remember the date. I have the order form in my office at the dealership. I can tell you I will be buying the 4 year extended warranty. Kawasaki has the best warranty in the business and on this bike it is a no brainer in my book.

I have been reading a lot on here about promises about this being a one year bike. I can only tell you what I was told Which is.......we don't know. You have to understand that Kawasaki is a big company. I buy Kawasaki products from Kawasaki Motors USA. Kawasaki Motors USA buys from Kawasaki Japan or Kawasaki Heavy industries (KHI). KHI is responsible for the H2 and H2R. They are the ones calling the shots regarding these bikes (pricing, specs, quantity to build, etc). The H2 and the H2R is an exercise in showing the world and their competitors what Kawasaki (KHI) is capable of.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I can tell ya right now...them gixxers and Yammies aint gonna stand a chance with me and my bird lockin on target;)THIS is gonna be a FUN year.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey all,
I have an H2 on order in the Houston, TX area. I am a Kawasaki dealer in the Houston, area. I have been riding motorcycles for 27 years or so. I like all motorcycles and have owned and ridden a little bit of everything. I like to say all motorcycle are fun, they are just different kinds of fun. I am happy to be here. I look forward to contributing however I can.

I have one question:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have one question:

I have only been told what you guys already know. Deliveries starting in January 2015. I have been daily checking for updates. It is a little bit early for me to start calling Kawasaki. If I don't see anything from them in the next 2 weeks or so I will call and see if there is anything I can find out. I am just as anxious as you guys, this is why I can looking for this forum and to see if there is anything else I could learn.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a free country and no one said they couldn't. I don't care if you don't care if they build a million bikes. I don't care if you don't care if they make 'em for a hundred years. I don't care what the fine print said. I just want verification that I wasn't lied to in order to separate me from my money. They buried Bernie Madoff under a jail for doing that sh*t. Would it have made it any less wrong if Bernie had given everyone he ripped off a really awesome motorcycle?

You guys defending Kawasaki are starting to sound like battered wives. Sure, I got a black eye and he lies to me but he's a good man and I love him. You just don't understand him like I do.

Forget the bike, I don't understand the willingness to accept fraud and deceit.
That's a very strange analogy to use in describing how you feel about those who don't align with your view. Are you implying that we're somehow weaker than you and we should be rising up to challenge some mighty aggressor who is planning to walk all over us ??
I don't remember getting a 'black eye' from Kawasaki. I don't recall Kawasaki lying to me. I could maybe agree with the sentiment that he (Kawasaki) is a good guy and ...... maybe not love ..... but I do like what they do. Not sure if I understand Kawasaki anymore than anyone else on here except that I do understand they're a manufacturer making things for money and part of that is building and protecting a brand image. So I trust them not to do anything that would seriously damage that image in the majority's eyes.

So I'll say what I've said all along I didn't buy the bike in the way that I might buy a piece of rare art (to use an analogy) I bought it because it's a technical ground breaker, it's a Kawasaki and I can afford it.

Nobody has yet told me and I have not read anywhere, be it from Kawasaki's representatives or anyone else that the H2 will be made to a fixed number and will not continue to be made beyond 2015. It may or may not.

Clearly someone has told you or you think someone has told you different. I respect your stance if this is the case but don't belittle me just because I have had a different experience and/or I don't feel as strongly about it as you do.

Let me reiterate, no offence H2R, I do enjoy reading most of your posts and I'm glad you're on this forum. But please keep it in context :)

I'll end with a :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome aboard Crow, as you can see its quite the bunch...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I can tell you that as a dealer I was not told that there would or would not be a 2016 model. I was told that it was KHI's (Kawasaki Japan) not Kawasaki USA calling the shots on this one. I asked these questions and the answer I got was "we don't know". Either way I don't see this bike being made this way for years to come. Anytime there is a new ground breaking, bike the first year model is always the most collectible.

·
Registered
554 Posts
@Fretka used a good analogy about the Corvette ZR1 which I think is logical in this case.

You all remember the ZR1 yea, exclusive (for as corvette) monster numbers, big blower bolted on.

fast forward, 2016 Z06 kicks the piss out of the old ZR1. Chevy took the lessons learned from the small ZR1 project and scaled them upwards to make feasible on the Z06.

Now they say if yo want to beat the z06 you'll need to spend a Million... I think thats the power we're playing with here...

H2 is LEGITIMATELY trend setting the industry... Autos have all gone forced induction and bikes will need to make moves to become more fuel efficient while making power still in the eyes of the regulators....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts