Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried my h2 with Brocks stage 2 ecu with fuel pump agip 100 Ron.

Was great around 249hp for normal fuel it's good

Thanks to Brock and his staff.

I also putted front 19 pinion, and the Bike sems better.

Will see for next step maybe for something more....

·
Registered
248 Posts
I remember Brock mentions something like higher octane didn't increase the HP gain but lost some. Looking for that now on here. In the meantime, a quote from a well know petrol company.

"What is the right octane level for your vehicle?
The recommended octane level for most vehicles is usually octane 87, but be sure to check your owner’s manual. Some car models have high-compression engines, which are designed to utilize octane levels of 89, 91 or higher. Ordinarily, your vehicle won’t benefit from using an octane higher than your owner's manual recommends. But if your engine knocks or pings at the recommended octane level, you may need a higher octane gasoline to prevent knocking."

Must be something there then.

Here is another thread about the gas: http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/7137-best-possible-fuel-h2.html

I located Brocks post: http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/94434-post88.html

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know nothing of h2 and I assume fi is different but with other na bikes octane does almost nothing without custom tune.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H2 need oxygen not octaine. If you put hight oxygenated fuel like mr12 you can have 10-15 more.

But I don t want to spend 4 euro for liter everytimes, and for the moment 250 it s ok.

I'm waiting for next steps

·
Registered
574 Posts
On race machinery the type of fuel can make a big difference. One of my buddies who races at Bonneville saw a 5 mph gain when he switched from the gas recommended by the vendor to another gas that he thought would meet his needs better. On a car that was running at the same time, it never went more than about 200 when they were expecting in the 230 range. Once again my friend offered the scenario to them and they agreed that was what they experienced and switched gas. The result was that the car ran over 240 and got the record. Needless to say there is a lot of science in gasoline usage. Having said that, our bikes are tuned for 89 octane and should run fine on a quality brand. Race gas might improve things a touch by being more pure, less water, ethanol etc. Until you alter the timing, boost, or compression, I doubt there will be much need for a more expensive blend. When I run at Bonneville, we have to use event gas and run with a sealed tank. If you decide to use your own gas, then any record will be lost if the tank isn't sealed or the gas does not match the specific gravity and color tests.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts