Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend in Germany who was on the Autobahn with his de-restricted H2 with 18 - 42 gearing and was running top speed. He left the stock mirrors exactly the way they normally are (not folded in) and he achieved 339.68908 kmh or 211.07301 mph on the GPS.

If the mirrors were removed how much extra would that have been worth in top speed due to less drag?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's worth considering where the wind blast is going to hit once the mirrors are removed. I take them off for LSR meetings but I'm not convinced there's much advantage, if any at all.

This is what we need to consider: The next thing behind the mirrors is the rider's shoulders and since there's nowhere to hide behind the H2's tiny fairing the shoulders get the full effect.

So which creates more turbulence and drag is the question. Is it the mirrors or the rider's shoulders?

Look at this thumbnail of me at 200mph and see the shoulder of my leathers, pushed in by the pressure. That's where the wind hits and i can't go any lower, my chest and the chin of my helmet are on the tank, bum right back on the seat, looking through a Zero Gravity Corsa screen.

What we really need to help us go faster is a full-width LSR screen or a really tiny rider.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It's worth considering where the wind blast is going to hit once the mirrors are removed. I take them off for LSR meetings but I'm not convinced there's much advantage, if any at all.

This is what we need to consider: The next thing behind the mirrors is the rider's shoulders and since there's nowhere to hide behind the H2's tiny fairing the shoulders get the full effect.

So which creates more turbulence and drag is the question. Is it the mirrors or the rider's shoulders?

Look at this thumbnail of me at 200mph and see the shoulder of my leathers, pushed in by the pressure. That's where the wind hits and i can't go any lower, my chest and the chin of my helmet are on the tank, bum right back on the seat, looking through a Zero Gravity Corsa screen.

What we really need to help us go faster is a full-width LSR screen or a really tiny rider.

The Puig screen is ugly as sin but I've been running it for about a season now. Since I've installed it I notice much less turbulence on my shoulders. That funky edged design seems to have some science behind it. For $90 or so it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The Puig screen is ugly as sin but I've been running it for about a season now. Since I've installed it I notice much less turbulence on my shoulders. That funky edged design seems to have some science behind it. For $90 or so it might be worth a try.
I'm willing to try anything that might work, although the Puig doesn't look any larger than the Zero Gravity Corsa, possibly a little smaller.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I installed a ZeroGravity DB taller screen...almost identical to the H2R factory screen.I also ordered a set of 2016-17 upper wings.These are supposed to move the airflow around the rider,along with the screen.Apparently Kawasaki determined that the design for the upper wings needed more shaping for HIGHER speeds(moving the wind blast) than downforce,though that's there also in the design.You might try this combo...may be you'll get a few more MPH?

And they LOOK cool also!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts