Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else aware of an H2 head gasket failure?

CMP mentioned that they have not heard of any other H2 head gasket failures.

Trying to determine the cause.

Brock?

Anyone?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The cause of what?

No one has had a head gasket failure that I have seen. Are you still trying to say there is something wrong with the temps of your bike, because it goes from 150-185??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cause of what?

No one has had a head gasket failure that I have seen. Are you still trying to say there is something wrong with the temps of your bike, because it goes from 150-185??
The cause of the head gasket failure.

...... and it goes from 150F to 240F on engine temp after a WOT run of 3/4 a mile, so yes it has a cooling issue!

·
Registered
265 Posts
The cause of the head gasket failure.

...... and it goes from 150F to 240F on engine temp after a WOT run of 3/4 a mile, so yes it has a cooling issue!
Never heard anything about it. Are you sure about the head gasket, or do you suppose it's the head gasket? Did you tear down the engine to check if it's really this the problem?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never heard anything about it. Are you sure about the head gasket, or do you suppose it's the head gasket? Did you tear down the engine to check if it's really this the problem?
Not yet but CMP seems to think so, as do i.

What else could cause a spike in engine temp from 150F to 240F in one mile?

Zero coolant leaks from the engine but the bike has a coolant oder.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
In addition to running hot - Blown head gasket will force coolant out of the main cooling system and into the overflow tank, and then not draw it back in when the engine cools off. Is that what it's doing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not yet but CMP seems to think so, as do i.

What else could cause a spike in engine temp from 150F to 240F in one mile?

Zero coolant leaks from the engine but the bike has a coolant oder.
I wouldn't exclude a beginning of melting piston... Do a compression check.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Assumption is not knowing dude.

Knowing is when you take the engine down or do at least a leakdown test.

There are other symptoms that manifest themselves with a blown head gasket. Why not actually know the problem before posting here about blown head gaskets and getting everyone spun up cause you run hot and cant figure out why.

NOLA.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm not worried about 'blown head gaskets',or transmission gears failing.Or anything else 'odd' about my H2.I've not read ANY 'odd' reports of stuff going wrong here...I'd be inclined to think Kawa got a lemon?Possibly a Monday morning build?
@kawah2...weren't you saying the grommets and screws were terrible?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts