Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dec and Jan can be the hardest/longest months to get through waiting on information on new models from manufactures. This does provide some restlessness for some people as they wait patiently.. Since we are sitting and speculating on the H2/H2R, we could at least possibly get a idea on how many total units were sold instead of waiting for the official numbers to be announced in Feb/March...... We could determine a rough idea of units sold by using the information shared by the Kawasaki regional reps.

My dealer in MN shared with me the number of H2/H2R sold in MN, Fargo, and Grand Forks. The Kawasaki regional rep said there was 4 sold in his area.

1 - H2R (customer purchase)
1 - H2 (my order)
2 - H2 (dealer orders - was told the bikes may never leave the crates which leads me to believe they will be collected).

If Canada shows 32 bikes sold, I would be surprised if there was a total of 250 bikes sold in the US/Canada area. Again, just curious if everyone could share their units sold from information provided to them by Kawasaki Reps.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I heard there was 220 H2s sold and 25 H2R's sold. Not sure if that's just the US or not though....this information came from the Kawasaki rep at the NY bike show.....

·
Registered
787 Posts
A bit of a guessing game,,,,time will tell how wrong I am..

150 is the number I Have for the uk
800 for Japan ,,,,allegedly, believable,,National pride and lots of serious collectors
250 USA and Canada
300 rest of Europe (Estimate 6 x countries taking half of uk numbers)
200 Total guess for China and Russia, they have wealth but no heritage
50 India total guess
100 Orient,,Indonesia, Sri Lanka etc ( they are demonstrating the H2 there now)
100 Africa (Diamonds on the soles of her shoes)
200 Oil rich countries ( they love Bling )
150 Argentina , peru, Columbia etc

Total 2400 ish.....?????

·
Registered
473 Posts
Kawasaki rep for our area said four sold.
1. My order
2. Another dealer ordered for himself (in OKC)
3. Two in Arkansas.

Area apparently consist of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Southern Missouri, Southern Kansas, North Texas. Not sure if this covers is whole region.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mesa Arizona dealer told me...
1 H2 and 1 H2R dealer purchase
4 H2 customer bikes including mine
...Best guess is delivery in Feb

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think it was the 9th

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet, we will all need to go on a ride sometime. Kelly's has been telling me January still (as late as Tuesday of last week). I guess I should give them another call to see if they have an update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told that in WI there were only a couple sold. Up here they don't really market street bikes much as Harley's rule the road (in their opinion anyway!). I know that in western WI where I ride, my dealer said that lots of people talked, but I was the only one he knew of who actually bought one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There might be the big reason of 800 in Japan, there is no difference cost in insurance H2 vs for example YAMAHA MT-07.
I heard that very expensive cost with high power bike in some country.
In Japan app. 500$ - 1000$ per year with full insurance condition depend on owner, rider age over 30 - under 20.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sweet, we will all need to go on a ride sometime. Kelly's has been telling me January still (as late as Tuesday of last week). I guess I should give them another call to see if they have an update.
Congratz first off kind sir. I got word that NO H2 WILL BE OUT UNTIL FEB 15. Just to let you know ^^ I am going to be the only person out here in Hawaii with one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Straight from the Reps mouth

My dealer's service department attended a local "update" conference (for lack of a better word) put on by the Kawasaki representative for their region. According to the rep he said 300 H2's and 50 H2R's were sold in the United States. Six in his region which covers all of Oklahoma, Texas panhandle, Western Arkansas and all of Kansas accept Kansas City.

The mechanics and service manager from all dealers in the region were provided spiral bound color books that point out specific changes, characteristics and service protocols for all the new models including the H2 & H2R. The service managers were told to inform all buyers upon picking up the bike to NOT use anything on the special paint other than mild soap and water, this includes NO waxing or detail sprays. Paint is NON repairable, if you damage a panel or the tank, it has to be replaced. There is no process developed to repaint locally.

Another interesting note is that all H2's and H2R's ship with Shell Full synthetic motor oil and it is recommended to service with same oil to maintain warranty.

Also, orders will start to arrive mid-March. :D Man I can't wait!

·
Registered
350 Posts
The service managers were told to inform all buyers upon picking up the bike to NOT use anything on the special paint other than mild soap and water, this includes NO waxing or detail sprays.

Then it is essentially the same as caring for BMW Frozen Paint... BMW does recommend the use of its BMW Automotive Shampoo and BMW Insect Remover for its Frozen Paint... would then also be possibly okay to use on the H2. :nerd:

Mild soap and water is not likely to do much for bug splatter collected "at speed."

Hopefully, there will be very specific paint care recommendations in the H2 Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not to worry, its so under powered and heavy it won't go fast enough to collect bug splatter.

Sarcasm, the lowest and highest form of wit.

Anyway the WMF eats flies anyway ( Wide Mouthed Frog )

·
Registered
184 Posts
DDear Kawasaaki Dealer,

TThe Ninja name is synonyymous with KKawasaki spport motorcyccles, and is sshared by leggendary moddels
oover the yearrs. The Ninja H2 is no excception. We are committeed to matching the standdards of
ccraftsmanship, build quality, and superb fit and finnish for this hhistorically s ignificant moodel.

EEach step, from metalworking, treatmment, weldingg, and paintinng to assembly, fine-tuning and insp ection
iss carefully atttended to crreate a produuct of superior quality. WWithin Kawasaaki’s Akashi Factory,
pproduction iss taking placee in an area dedicated exxclusively to the Ninja H22 motorcyclee.

TThe demand of the Ninja H2 has affeccted producttion capabilitty, so to enssure our exaccting standarrds, we
aanticipate deelivering this ffinished flag ship model tto consumerrs starting in March. Howwever, as we receive
uupdated prodduction completion datess, shipping sschedules, ettc. we will shhare them. Please stay tuuned
for specific delivery updaates for your customers.

TThank you foor your continnued supportt of the Kawaasaki brand.

LLet the good times roll. ®

BBill Jenkins
SSenior Vice PPresident, Saales Operatioons
KKawasaki Mootors Corp., UU.S.A.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts