Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Interesting article but there are a few corrections he needs to make;

For starters the only carbon bits on the R are the parts that are different from the H2. Tail, side fairings and front fender are plastic. Only the runner, wings, upper cowling and surround covers are carbon. Both tanks are the same obviously.

The stock H2's exhaust is actually part stainless and part titanium. Everything up to the cat is titanium and the stainless parts there are the ones around the O2 sensors (I assume that's because the sensors need a material that's electromagnetically conductive to function properly).

The body panels are repairable as long as the damage is only to the clear coat.

I also would have liked him to include a more in-depth write-up on the substantial differences between the two intakes.

He also spelled 'bitchin' wrong. :)

That aside, great read! Some of the non-serviceable parts stuff was truly terrifying.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting article but there are a few corrections he needs to make;

For starters the only carbon bits on the R are the parts that are different from the H2. Tail, side fairings and front fender are plastic. Only the runner, wings, upper cowling and surround covers are carbon. Both tanks are the same obviously.

The stock H2's exhaust is actually part stainless and part titanium. Everything up to the cat is titanium and the stainless parts there are the ones around the O2 sensors (I assume that's because the sensors need a material that's electromagnetically conductive to function properly).

The body panels are repairable as long as the damage is only to the clear coat.

I also would have liked him to include a more in-depth write-up on the substantial differences between the two intakes.

He also spelled 'bitchin' wrong. :)

That aside, great read! Some of the non-serviceable parts stuff was truly terrifying.
Cliff, given that you have both bikes, or access to them, an even rough 3D model of the intake manifolds would allow me (us) to do a pretty decent fluid dynamics study...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts