Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this right forume section I should put this topic in. Anyway, as I am still waiting for my H2 2016 which I should get in the end of January 2016 I was curious how comfy this bike is for tall riders. Me is 6.7' tall. When visiting Eicma 2015 in Milan last moth I did have a chance to sit on H2 and obviously I felt my legs were a bit to high when sitting on a bike. Actually I felt not so comfortabe sitting on a bike. I know adjustable rearsets would solve this issue. I think no any aftermarket rearsets are available on sale yet? Should I go with some custom made footrest hanger re-location plates maybe? Any shared experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not sure if this right forume section I should put this topic in. Anyway, as I am still waiting for my H2 2016 which I should get in the end of January 2016 I was curious how comfy this bike is for tall riders. Me is 6.7' tall. When visiting Eicma 2015 in Milan last moth I did have a chance to sit on H2 and obviously I felt my legs were a bit to high when sitting on a bike. Actually I felt not so comfortabe sitting on a bike. I know adjustable rearsets would solve this issue. I think no any aftermarket rearsets are available on sale yet? Should I go with some custom made footrest hanger re-location plates maybe? Any shared experience would be appreciated.
6.7' ! Future add on this forum .
2016 H2 for sale only 70 miles showing and in immaculate condition, will part exchange for five years chiropractor sessions. Message VJS .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6.7' ! Future add on this forum .
2016 H2 for sale only 70 miles showing and in immaculate condition, will part exchange for five years chiropractor sessions. Message VJS .
That was "very" helpfull. Actualy being such tall I ride superbikes since 2000. So sorry no H2 future sale with 70 miles on clocks :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
6'7"?...hey,it can work.Maybe once you start riding,you'll find it's a very comfy ride.I think so anyway.Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
6'7"?...hey,it can work.Maybe once you start riding,you'll find it's a very comfy ride.I think so anyway.Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks mate.
No drama here. I meet this problem occasionaly when purchasing a new bike. If not found for an aftermarket rearsets will ride and enjoy the bike as is. Thought maybe there are some aftermarket adhustable rearsets...

·
Registered
836 Posts
That was "very" helpfull. Actualy being such tall I ride superbikes since 2000. So sorry no H2 future sale with 70 miles on clocks :)
I hope it fits you like a glove but I think you will look big on it , the H2 is fairly small and with a tail tidy looks about a foot shorter .
One thing for sure is it will impress the **** out of you . Good luck .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was "very" helpfull. Actualy being such tall I ride superbikes since 2000. So sorry no H2 future sale with 70 miles on clocks
I hope it fits you like a glove but I think you will look big on it , the H2 is fairly small and with a tail tidy looks about a foot shorter .
One thing for sure is it will impress the **** out of you . Good luck .
Thanks mate

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am 60 years old and 6' 4" and can ride this bike fine. Yes, your legs will be a bit cramped and it will be hard for you to tuck in, but the speed and power will make up for a bunch of the discomfort. At least being that tall you probably have long arms too, which will help. Once you get at freeway speeds the wind will take a lot of load off of you. I don't think you will need any seat mods or rear sets.

Reactions: h2rcx

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I was pretty concerned after ordering mine sight unseen.Once we uncrated her,I immediately hit the seating.Felt totally fine;)(WHEW).Amazingly,even better than my zx14R.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was pretty concerned after ordering mine sight unseen.Once we uncrated her,I immediately hit the seating.Felt totally fine
(WHEW).Amazingly,even better than my zx14R.
Hmm... that's interesting... I did have zx14 in 2009. Quite comfortable bike for such long legged like me :) H2 I felt like I want to drop my knees few cm down...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't see how that is a solution for you , your knees will be 20 - 40mm higher than standard ?
Cheers mate. I went through all Yours posts and I have a clue You are just bitching up around here. Your posts are like of 15 - 16 yo kids. I will inform moderator to take a view at Your account. Seems we have one kid here pretending he owns H2 and playing around.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah man ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SUPERC~~~ is a very naughty boy. He hasn't been on here long , doesn't like anyone's comments and I wouldn't be suprised if he has hygiene issues.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Cheers mate. I went through all Yours posts and I have a clue You are just bitching up around here. Your posts are like of 15 - 16 yo kids. I will inform moderator to take a view at Your account. Seems we have one kid here pretending he owns H2 and playing around.
I don't understand your reaction to my post, your link shows the rear sets that you want to buy as a solution to your knees being too high are 15mm to 45mm higher than standard and less than 30mm back from the standard position .
How much do you think this will help you lower your knees ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree w/ Superharged reply in this thread.

I am 6'4 also and *can* ride fine but I think if I was to catch air I would lose it because my knees don't exactly hook in to the tank even with snake-skins.

The problem with all the existing aftermarket rear-sets is they *all* move UP and BACK which just makes the knee angle more extreme and not really addressing anything for tall riders.

I need something that goes DOWN and/or BACK to be able to securely catch my knees in the tank.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I agree w/ Superharged reply in this thread.

I am 6'4 also and *can* ride fine but I think if I was to catch air I would lose it because my knees don't exactly hook in to the tank even with snake-skins.

The problem with all the existing aftermarket rear-sets is they *all* move UP and BACK which just makes the knee angle more extreme and not really addressing anything for tall riders.

I need something that goes DOWN and/or BACK to be able to securely catch my knees in the tank.
Yes , thank you . I'm still struggling to comprehend how asking "How will lifting your knees almost 40mm up and less than 30mm back with rear sets help lower your knees ?" Can make someone throw all their toys out the pram !!! Overreact or what !

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I guess the real only way is to get a set of 'custom' pegs.Rearsets lower MAYBE a little...but not much.Have someone fab up a pair for ya.Shouldn't be too difficult...but then you have the shifter to contend with.Perhaps a lowering of pegs and a GP shift pattern?IDK.There's got to be some way of giving a lower drop on these pegs.Mine are just fine...but someone really tall...could be a problem.I'm 6'1".My knees go right into that side panel real good.I don't actually USE the tank sides per se.My grip is mostly on those panels.I mean...I do grip the tank sides some...but that's not where my real grip is coming from.You might get some stompgrip side panel pieces.Attach em to those plastic upper panels there.See how that feels for ya.(well..the Kit anyway).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts