1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
587 Posts
Awesome results, and one sexy looking H2. Love look of Brocks slash-cut on there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you have a comparison of the factory exhaust dyno graph vs the Brocks?

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Yes, what was done?

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Interesting. Was the results you have shown with you modifying the air-box? The numbers are right in line with a typical stage 2 flashed setup.

·
Registered
867 Posts
^Interesting. Was the results you have shown with you modifying the air-box? The numbers are right in line with a typical stage 2 flashed setup.
I'd like to see pics also. I had mine on the Dyno and I can tell you from having the air box on to running it with no filter it was only 1HP difference. I will say the intake tube and front intake where you slide the intake tube into is very restrictive. And if you add a carbon fiber tube you had better address where the rubber gasket is supposed to sit. That rubber gasket is supposed to help with the transition from the air box cover to the tube and even the tube to the flange of the tube is very abrupt and needs to be smoothed out for the best results......I reworked my intake tube and airborne cover and smoothed it all out.....can wait to try her out......this is a pic of when I was just starting the job.

Attachments

Reactions: Boosted10R

·
Registered
281 Posts
you cut the airbox opening to be the size of the h2r lol

keep in mind, without properly tuning it along with any modification, it won't do you a bit of good
Could you please specify better what you mean by "air-box"?

The intake pipe to the supercharger impeller is not an "air-box", whereas the actual air-box is the pressurized one that runs from the output of the supercharger compressor to the engine throttle bodies.

Did you modify the former or the latter?

Thanks,

Frio

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I suspect what is actually meant is the air filter housing. Turbocompressors can be very sensitive to their inlet flow conditions. Having said that, an air filter element is usually a pretty good flow straightener.

Back on topic and since I see Canadian folks in this thread, Scott Miller a.k.a. Fast Company in Breslau ON has the ability to get into the ECU on these bikes now. He has my ECU (which should be done shortly) and I know he has another one in the works. Very cool workshop if you have the chance to visit there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I suspect what is actually meant is the air filter housing. Turbocompressors can be very sensitive to their inlet flow conditions. Having said that, an air filter element is usually a pretty good flow straightener.

Back on topic and since I see Canadian folks in this thread, Scott Miller a.k.a. Fast Company in Breslau ON has the ability to get into the ECU on these bikes now. He has my ECU (which should be done shortly) and I know he has another one in the works. Very cool workshop if you have the chance to visit there.
Precisely the reason for my question...

Good to know about Fast Company, thanks! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are correct. i was being lazy with my terms. my apologies. the h2 intake is restricted heavily. de-restricting it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Not trying to come across as rude, but could you please elaborate more? Your numbers (202-256whp) are right inline with the gains we see from a Brocks/guhl stage 2 flash, exhaust, and filter. So did you make less before modifying the intake?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I do not think the stock intake duct is restrictive - there is ample cross-sectional area. And the air filter will act like a flow straightener.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts