Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You want to see the H2 dominate at the track? the difference on the straights is staggering.
This is some footage from last weekend at Willow Springs, it would almost seem the H2 is built for this track.
About 4 min I I get into a really good scrap with 2 WERA racers, #187 is on a built gxr1000.
enjoy

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ok,I feel partially retarded....The rearview camera is mounted on what bike ?? If the reply is "on the H2"...what swingarm is that ??

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok,I feel partially retarded....The rearview camera is mounted on what bike ?? If the reply is "on the H2"...what swingarm is that ??NOLA

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ok,I feel partially retarded....The rearview camera is mounted on what bike ?? If the reply is "on the H2"...what swingarm is that ??

NOLA

Can see the H2 chain guard & OEM sticker but don't see anything different w/ the swingarm, rear rotor inside wheel on left side like the H2 single sided swingarm, BST's, what do you see different?

Terry, loved that, great video & riding, jealous w/ a foot a snow here in NY. The way you left them especially in the straight aways is amazing. I bet you must have people at the track coming up to you afterwards about how fast the bike is....... Last time I was at the airfield runway, raced a modded Gixxer 1000 & afterwards one of my favorite comments from that rider; "you left me like I was chained to a stump, no one has ever done that to me"..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice, you have some good skills holding on to that bike so well. What's your setup? Are you running gears? You are really pulling hard on that built g1k

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Compare ? Brake lines ? Whats the oval thing ?
(sorry for the rotated pic, the crappy software on this board does it)

NOLA
Sure Terry will answer but I took that "oval thing" for one of the OEM stickers on the chain guard but removed my stickers long time ago & they looked different.:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@NOLA it's all stock back there except the chain & wheel.

I bet you must have people at the track coming up to you afterwards about how fast the bike is....... ..
no less than 50 people came into my pits drooling over the bike, they were either spectators describing how I was screaming up the front straight (at 174mph BTW) or riders describing how I blew past them like trees in the woods. It was a fun 2 days.

Nice, you have some good skills holding on to that bike so well. What's your setup? Are you running gears? You are really pulling hard on that built g1k
In the canyons I run 19/44 so I can hit those top speeds around 195. For this track day I went stock gearing 18/44. Setup: suspension stock for the moment, brakes upgraded (see my thread on that), BST rims, and stage III gears, power is up there..

@racer172
Beautiful video, skilled driving, rockin Van Halen!
My favorites were when you were getting your arms stretched, and the other bikes were turning into tiny, tiny bugs!
I know it's pretty dramatic when the rear cam is in full frame. Almost looks like they are grabbing a handful of brakes.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Great video. I thought you showed a lot of restraint mixing with those little bikes. :)

The track surface at Willow Springs looks rather cracked in places!

Nice GS1000S as you pulled into your pit.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice GS1000S as you pulled into your pit.
yeah that guy was there getting in practice because he is going to be competing in a vintage race there next month I think. He should not have been riding in the A group though.

Here's a pic of the 2 WERA racers that I was dog fighting with. If any reader hasn't yet seen the video the chase starts about 5 min. in.

Reactions: rapidroy1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great video! I can also vouch for the dominance on the track.. the acceleration is ridiculous. Every time I got on the straights last season I ripped past everyone ridiculously easy. It's hilarious :) What mount are you using to put the GoPro on the rear?

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice riding, good to see the big H2 on track

One thing you do notice however is how the good riders on the lighter bikes close in on the brakes

With the weight disadvantage its gonna take more to haul her up

Its a testament to the bike (and rider) that it can cut on the track

Not just a "straight liner":)

Rob

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great video! What mount are you using to put the GoPro on the rear?
it's a RAM mount, here's a close-up pic

and this is thelocation & bolt I used to mount it

and this is the clearest pic I have it mounted on the bike

·
Registered
406 Posts
Racer,

Just curious after watching your track session, were you ever able to get to full throttle in 2nd, 3rd gears ?
My experience at Palmer track in Mass was if I rolled hard in 2nd, 3rd above 8k rpm it would come off the ground most every time.
Compared to other bikes you have run at a track, how tired were you hoofing the extra weight from side to side ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Racer, Just curious after watching your track session, were you ever able to get to full throttle in 2nd, 3rd gears ? Compared to other bikes you have run at a track, how tired were you hoofing the extra weight from side to side ? Rhody...
I was never in 2nd gear at this track, and when I was in 3rd gear there was never the option of WOT, this track was too fast for the lower gears. 4th 5th & 6th gears I was WOT 4 different sections of the track.

I do not feel the extra weight of the bike. When I bought the H2 I had my zx10r race bike and the H2 turned in better, just drops into the turn with ease. I have not ridden an R6 which I assume would make our H2 feel like a school bus, but as for liter bikes it doesn't feel heavy to me, and a lot of that is because I'm on the throttle to help pick the bike up and flick over.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My experience is really similar. When I went from my 1199 Panigale, which I rode for three years, to the H2 I had some of the same observations. I explicitly remember the first time I took a very long sweeping turn that I have taken 100 times on my Panigale, on the H2. The turn in was so much more that it startled me and I was totally not ready for it. (Enough that I had to to go back and do it three more times, lol)...My L-Twin friends dont believe it. But unfortunately as far as the weight I have to find a difference there. Flipping the H2 around versus a tall skinny Panigale is a world of difference. I still see a difference even between my Panigale and my GSXR1000 in that arena. So I think a better comparison would be the GSXR1000 vs H2 for ease of flipping around on the track. That would be easier to make and then I dont see the H2 feeling like I am riding J-Lo's wide as$ as much.

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
as far as the weight I have to find a difference there. Flipping the H2 around versus a tall skinny Panigale is a world of difference.
Not disagreeing at all, especially since I've never riden a Ducati. And if you simply try to flick the H2 side to side using the handle bars & your upper body you WILL feel the extra 100lbs vs another liter bike.

In my post above I was saying that the technique I use when riding the H2...using a slight crack of the throttle to pick the bike up coming out of a turn or a roll-off of the throttle to let the bike drop in.. using these throttle control techniques I do not notice the extra weight of the H2. Sounds simplistic but using subtle throttle control in a turn (when pushing hard) is a skill that is not found in many riders outside of experienced roadracers, just follow behind sport riders in the canyons and this becomes clear really quick. Getting a bit off topic here.. anyway main point is you CAN ride the H2 with proper technique and not be held back by her extra weight. When I bought the H2 some of my Sunday riding friends said "why did you buy that bike? it's a drag bike." To anyone that still thinks that I would refer them to my Willow Springs video to have a look at the H2's track capabilities.

oh also you can drop the front end about 5mm (raise the forks) or/and raise the rear a bit for quicker turn in if you're needing it. I actually did that before going out to Willow.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@racer172 ...I hope you do get the opportunity to get on a Panigale one day, its wicked tall and light, you would be laughing in ur helmet at how it flicks back and forth effortlessly.

Agreed on the technique part. Last weekend I had a guy (on a windy road) behind me on a CBR1000 and was smoking him thru turns. He busted the ole' "If I had all my gear on" reason as to why...Then said "damm you were leaning that thing over"....Yeah, my "drag bike" can lean really well !

Heck no I dont need to drop the front got any more quicker turn in, it freaks me out now :)

NOLA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts