Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, having officially ordered the H2 and getting the order in on the first day, As well as the dealer being in the top 5 for sales. We are considered to be California as far a Kawasaki is concerned, the bikes are even California smog.
Does anyone have an idea when the bike may actually be delivered?
How long did you wait?

·
Registered
625 Posts
WOW!!! I could live with 4 weeks. Painfully.

I think Kawasaki UK had a couple in stock when I ordered mine, seems fairly efficient over here but heard of long delays in Australia and slow in US, unsure why that's the case...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Kawasaki UK had a couple in stock when I ordered mine, seems fairly efficient over here but heard of long delays in Australia and slow in US, unsure why that's the case...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, it would be hard to tell.
I'm hoping they make them in batches and deliver in a semi-timely manner.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"slow in US, unsure why that's the case... "..well,they can't use the 'dockworkers on strike' thing again...can they?2015 deliveries were,well,painful

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@TedG

Take a deep breath dude. Relax.

Its coming.

NOLA

P.S. Did you try to order it with Amazon Prime ? Two day shipping. For the impatient Millennial's in the group.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@TedG

Take a deep breath dude. Relax.

Its coming.

NOLA

P.S. Did you try to order it with Amazon Prime ? Two day shipping. For the impatient Millennial's in the group.
I looked and couldn't find one. :)
The more I read the more questions I have and the more impatient I get.
Oh grant me patience, and I want it right now.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I know it's difficult.Just a heads up...if I were you...I would ride it home.IMMEDIATELY take a FINE microfiber cloth dampened with clear water.Wipe down GENTLY.Dry off with another MF cloth.THEN,take an hour and do each painted panel as the instructions say.Once done,do it all over one more time.Seriously.I wouldn't wipe the second shot down with any water,but make sure there's NO fingerprints or dust collecting anywhere that's painted before applying again.You'll thank yourself up ahead.Then later,as you ride,to clean,always make sure you've soaked the bug guts and such BEFORE lifting em from the surface(GENTLY).That or get a 'wrap'...that will work very nicely.There's some info on the forum here about that from way back in 2015.The 'final finish' is good for keeping her lookin good.I'm using 'Blackfire' polish now on mine.It's gorgeous.Just google that...and HAVE FUN BONDING!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it's difficult.Just a heads up...if I were you...I would ride it home.IMMEDIATELY take a FINE microfiber cloth dampened with clear water.Wipe down GENTLY.Dry off with another MF cloth.THEN,take an hour and do each painted panel as the instructions say.Once done,do it all over one more time.Seriously.I wouldn't wipe the second shot down with any water,but make sure there's NO fingerprints or dust collecting anywhere that's painted before applying again.You'll thank yourself up ahead.Then later,as you ride,to clean,always make sure you've soaked the bug guts and such BEFORE lifting em from the surface(GENTLY).That or get a 'wrap'...that will work very nicely.There's some info on the forum here about that from way back in 2015.The 'final finish' is good for keeping her lookin good.I'm using 'Blackfire' polish now on mine.It's gorgeous.Just google that...and HAVE FUN BONDING!!!
I will be taking your advice very seriously. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You know,after you've applied that to her,I'd let her sit preferably overnight so that Beasly's can fully cure.That's what I did anyway.Your experience may vary;)And I went with 3 coats.Let her dry fully between applications...maybe 20 minutes or so.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
AND... sit naked, in a crossed legged position, with Dr. Beasly's poured all over you while you wait for it to dry. Its the only true way to bond with the machine.

NOLA.

·
Registered
277 Posts
While I do agree with protecting the paint, just a random thought for what it's worth, they changed the clearcoat in 2016 to be softer and not as insane to care for. With any H2 I'd give it a clear wrap in the impact zones regardless, but the 2015 paint and clearcoat was particularly tempermental. If you order a replacement 2015 part it actually comes with the newer clearcoat, so presumably someone higher up the chain figured something out, haha.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All right you guys,
I don't know what Dr. Beaslys is, I will research.
But I need to introduce you to Zaino. Do the research. I am a Vette guy and I don't believe in snake oil, so when I heard about Zaino from the people in CorvetteForum.com I thought just another wax. I try everything. Okay so I bite and buy the Zaino, OMFG this s**t is really something. The stuff really works. The Leather conditioner smells more like leather than leather, It could be an after shave it is so good. The best part is the detailer, I use it on my face shields, you can even use it on glass. And it really isn't all that expensive.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You get a cleaning kit with your new bike.Make sure you get that.Plus the other items as well...service manual.Flashdrive.and some other stuff.Workshirt as well.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You get a cleaning kit with your new bike.Make sure you get that.Plus the other items as well...service manual.Flashdrive.and some other stuff.Workshirt as well.
That's cool. My dealer treats me very well and I help them when they are stumped about things. I teach their mechanics how to true spoked wheels etc. But thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
OKAY!!!
Just got a call from the dealer and they got a call from Kawasaki that my order is official, the factory has it and I can expect a March delivery, maybe sooner.
I am excited.
How many years is it till March?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts