Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am considering replacing my 2010 bmw s1000rr with a new H2.
I use my current RR everyday, commuting to work doing around 10km each way and for weekend blasts.

is this do able on the H2 please? same level of comfort?

my dealer is telling me that this year will probably be the last year for me to order a new H2 and i am not in a financial position to keep the RR and get the H2 as well.

also to be honest i am not the type of person that gets a bike as a garage queen.

is it true that 2015 is the only year that the H2 can be ordered? i read conflicting reports on various threads.

also is there a 'special' ordering process? my dealer was mentioning that before we proceed with the order we must sign an agreement of serious intent to purchase the H2.

what are your experiences please?

thank you

·
Registered
473 Posts
As far as comfort is concern I suspect the BMW is more comfortable, the H2 for one does not have a rear seat for passenger or luggage.

As for ordering, there were only two window's with which to order and unfortunately missed them both. Not to say another window sill open up somewhere down the road, but it's not likely.

You can find one for sale by owner I'm sure via CycleTrader, Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The expression horses for courses applies here. Get an old beemer brick ( k series ) for commute and if you can get a H2 ........DO IT.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Including your location in your Avatar and any other details you see fit to be included might be something to consider, just to make it easier. :) I need to do that as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The H2 is great, but it is what it is. if you are looking for a commuter bike that is comfortable, the H2 probably isn't your best choice. You could always go for a beater and grab the H2.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
96 Posts
THe H2 is my only bike. I had an '07 ZX-10R that was my daily commuter, and I loved that bike. But sadly I don't have the garage space for 2 bikes (too many cars), so I had to sell the ZX-10R. I am finding that the H2 as a daily is giving me no troubles at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you pieter3d, i love my s1000rr too, i wish i could keep her as well but i cannot afford to keep her as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have been commuting ~50 miles daily and take the long way home. no comfort problems or otherwise. A tad lower pegs would be nice.

I don't think you'll see 2016 H2 but that's just my guess/opinion

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree with the masses as far a it being a daily commute bike, It wouldn't be the best but would work as long as you wont be in a stop in go type commute. I find the H2 to be the comfortable in regular street riding compared to the other 2 toys (08 GXS650F and 02 ZX9r). Those two I can do stop and go traffic all day long, prefer not to but can should I get stuck in it. The H2 hydraulic clutch is very beefy for me so I need to beef up my clutch hand and that a lone make it unpleasant for me. Now when on the H2 and on open roads, I have no problems or complaints.

Again, this is just my opinion though. If you really want one, get one and get a older cheaper/cash bike as a daily commuter. As far as 2015 being the only year... that's plausible. I think the H2 will have a limited year run and production number per year like the BMW HP4. The US has had 2 pre-order windows and if a 3rd one opens up, there will be a 2016 model year H2. Would I be upset, Sure but that's the nature of the beast.

All in all, each rider will either love it as is and see no flaw while others love it even with the flaws they find in it while very very few loved it and then did a 180 to hated it. I fall in the love it even with it's flaws. The handles are about half an inch to full inch (1.2cm - 1.5cm) lower than the HP4. If you know someone that has one and let you site on it, that would be great. If not, I recall seeing a video of someone comparing the ride position to the newer model zx10r. I'd say almost but the bars feel a slight bit lower to me in that comparison also.

Despite my opinioned flaws, I'd still recommend getting a H2. The feel of it on open roads is just Amazing! The minor stuff/quarks just go away! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you mr.xr, very informative.

i use the RR in stop and go traffic and it does not bother me at all.
i am always amazed how comfortable this bike is, clutch feel and engine response even at slow speeds.

the clutch feel you are mentioning is very important for me. i had a k1200s and even though i loved the bike it had a very heavy clutch which i did not get on with.

there is no way i can sit on a h2 before i order :(

how is the engine response and feel at low speeds please?
snatchy throttle? or smooth?

thank you

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
It's smooth but there is a lot of power on tap and it is instantly available, which leads to snatching if the rider is not smooth and precise with inputs.

The H2 is not my only bike (far from it). If you are planning to use it as an only bike, I'm sure it will be as reliable and durable as any other Kwak.

Just bear in mind ...

No passenger accommodations ... at all.

No luggage accommodations ... at all. Not even a place to put your wallet.

The paint is fragile.

The gas mileage sucks.

It's heavy.

Of greater concern in my mind if you are going to ride in traffic is the LED headlight. It emits very little light outside of the designed beam pattern. That "leakage" outside the designed beam pattern is what the "cage" drivers need to see. The H2 is going to have poor visibility in traffic because of this. Black/silver isn't the best for conspicuity, either.

Find a place to twist the throttle and all of the above becomes meaningless ...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Vteec, GoFaster has the throttle explanation down to a T. His other mentions were good as well in my opinion. There is a small wallet size boot/compartment but a PITA to take on and off... For me anyways. The weight is heavy but not by much on feel to me. The 650f is heavier to me than the h2 and the h2 feel just a bit heavier than the zx9r. (this is just me though)

Also, to add note on the hydraulic... Again, it's beefy for me as I'm a little guy. Others will say its stiff and they could be use to it. If you know someone that has a brembo hydraulic or a hydraulic clutch added to their bike try it out.

hope this also is helpful. Honestly, the pros for me out weigh the cons. Sure they are big cons but not the deal breaking kind.

·
Registered
539 Posts
^ Well said.
When it comes to cons that are in the end deal breakers, you're truly at a loss and it sucks big time, been their done that.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Lots of guys here noting the clutch pull feel.I found by bringing the clutch lever in closer to the grip,it feels very good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you faster and everybody, the best phrase i wanted to here is the below : :)

Find a place to twist the throttle and all of the above becomes meaningless ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i had a bmw r1200gs adventure which had a hydraulic clutch, it was very smooth and not stiff at all.

i thought hydraulic clutches are there to make clutch feel softer.

i was out with my RR today, and i really want to try and keep this bike, such a fantastic machine.

is there anybody who owns or who tried an RR out that shares my same view?
i can filter though traffic, go to the shops, blast my favourite roads etc..

a true do it all :)

so what would your advice be for me please?
try to keep my RR as well? or the [email protected] would rip it apart and the RR would remain unused in the garage?

·
Registered
248 Posts
i had a bmw r1200gs adventure which had a hydraulic clutch, it was very smooth and not stiff at all.

i thought hydraulic clutches are there to make clutch feel softer.
Yes, they are and that's probably my issue... this is the1st bike i've ever owned with one. That's why I didn't see this as a deal breaker.

UPDATE:
took a quick ride out before this sunny day turned into a hail storm and either I'm beefing up my hand or I'm getting use to the hydraulic clutch. Glad I didn't see this as a deal breaker. Have a little over 200miles on her now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts