Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just in case for those who wants to know.

The H2R rpm stock limit 14000rpm
The H2 rpm stock limit ???

I am assuming tire diameter is 25.5in (64.77cm)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lets bear in mind the importance of the camshafts. The trade off has always been torque vs horsepower and the H2 has more torque low down than the h2r. In the fifties if you bought an Alfa Romeo the dealer would ask about your driving style and where you will use the car i.e. fast road work between cities or hairpin twisties to your hill top villa. He would then dial in your camshaft timing accordingly. We know the H2 will take a higher rev ceiling and the valve train is good for it. the trade of for us is again a bit of low down torque ,,,,,and our warranties.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you want quick calculations on changes to gearing, rpm etc . Gearing commander is a great program
i doubt the H2 or H2r will be in the database yet so someone would have to load in the specs and save
but its worth the time with the data you get back

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok...I revised with tire diameter = 25.787, H2 Max rpm = 13000

The speed equation is included if you want to program it your self.
The green is input values, the blue is output values

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have PR4's on my H2.In pretty good shape(profile)right now.
You did put the PR4's on then. With all the torque I thought PP 2CT would be pushing it for harder rubber in the center and the PR's would be harder yet. So they are sticky enough? Do you feel the TC kicking in on shifts? I watched your vid and didn't hear slippage.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nope...no slipping that I can feel.I've been riding in KTRC 1...I'm not sure it even does anything in that setting.It certainly doesn't stop the frontend lift...not even close.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nope...no slipping that I can feel.I've been riding in KTRC 1...I'm not sure it even does anything in that setting.It certainly doesn't stop the frontend lift...not even close.
Ok this is just a guess here but I don't think it has the gyro like r1 but do you think it can tell the difference between wheelie and slippage? If you nailed it coming out a corner does it light up tire? I can tell the difference easily on my bike but I only have 3 settings. just a thought. I do remember reading as the R gets 200+ the wind resistance starts to equal tire grip. I know that higher speed bikes pay more attention to aero than anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
H2 is in the Gearing Commander database under Ninja.
Good source to check for other bikes. The database for H2 from that site shows:
Tire Diameter = 25.663 in => Circumference = 80.62 in
Max rpm = 12500

My own spreadsheet does all that as well and is consistent with the calculations from that website.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've no idea really.But I should mention..when I exit a corner...I'm not hammering the throttle like a lot of guys...smooth in...smooth out...that's how I ride corners.I've never wheelied coming off a corner.Add gas coming out...but smoothly and certainly not like you'd see in the track videos.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think exiting corners is exactly where KTRC main target is. With all that torque on tap it makes the most sense. It monitors hundreds of times a second the wheel speed differential and will control the rear from coming around. The lower the setting the more the rear can step out. When the front wheel leaves the ground TC loses its main control input.

If we want gyros for now we'll have to stop at a Greek restaurant. :-(

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
1 - 14 of 14 Posts