Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a bike that they just got on with and wondered how it compared to the H2?
The 06/07 Zx10R was such a bike for me. I have struggled with many other bikes to get the same sense of 'oneness' but have as yet not achieved it.

I have tried to merge a pic of the 10 and the H2, using the seat/tank as the reference... The biggest difference is the H2 bars are higher, the rest is actually quite close...

The H2 is quite a bit longer in wheelbase (2nd picture, where the front axle was the reference), which may influence the dynamic feeling, even though the general feeling is quite close...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have an 05 ZX10 (the 06 was pretty close as far as ergos), I like the H2 better it is only slightly more relaxed, you don't have to bend your knees quite as much, as far as the bars it mostly depends on where you sit. I don't feel much different.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do find the H2 comfortable. It's just that when cornering, I get to a certain lean angle and then I get uncomfortable. I never had that with the 06 ZX10.
As an example, I had a K6 600 and had a similar sensation. I had a set of ZX10 bars and fitted them to the K6. Suddenly I was knee down on the same roads as a few days before and comfortable. It seems to be purely a 'feel' thing with me...
I had a similar feeling with the '11 ZX10R actually...

I was just curious to see actual differences by merging the pictures...

What inspired me, was seeing a picture when the '08 came out, which was a merge of the 06 and 08...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I do find the H2 comfortable. It's just that when cornering, I get to a certain lean angle and then I get uncomfortable. I never had that with the 06 ZX10.
As an example, I had a K6 600 and had a similar sensation. I had a set of ZX10 bars and fitted them to the K6. Suddenly I was knee down on the same roads as a few days before and comfortable. It seems to be purely a 'feel' thing with me...
I had a similar feeling with the '11 ZX10R actually...

I was just curious to see actual differences by merging the pictures...

What inspired me, was seeing a picture when the '08 came out, which was a merge of the 06 and 08...
Get rid of the Bridgestone tires, I put Michelin RS tires on and it is a new bike. I thought I liked the BS tires but like you there were places that I didn't feel as comfortable as my 10. I switched tires and I immediately went from 48 degrees lean angle to 53 degrees. And you get the bonus of much better wear.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last tyres were Pirelli Diablo Rosso's. About to fit Diablo Rosso III's but going to try a 190. They are coming off my MT-10, which is getting Angels again. I've measured them between bikes and there is almost no difference once fitted...
If I take the bike to the track, it'll get Supercorsas…

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The last tyres were Pirelli Diablo Rosso's. About to fit Diablo Rosso III's but going to try a 190. They are coming off my MT-10, which is getting Angels again. I've measured them between bikes and there is almost no difference once fitted...
If I take the bike to the track, it'll get Supercorsas…
I have a 190 on mine and it is just fine. A 190 really helped the flickability of my ZX12.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts