Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn't get a straight price from the dealer, Vey's in El Cajon.

Usual dance on price, but I would guess money talks.

There are about half a dozen or more on Cycle Trader and a couple still on Ebay.

·
Registered
587 Posts
So did people buy them and then immediately put them on sale to try to make a profit? I am confused by this.
Well I think some adds are not actual bikes in stock. But there is many with actual pics in the dealership. I think that most that are currently in dealerships had deposits on them. Maybe the ones using file photos are in stock as well idk

And to answer your question these that I'm speaking of aren't private sales, dealers only

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know with autos they will list sold cars as dealer stock when they come in. But thats a function of how their web systems work, all inventory gets blasted out as AVAILABLE regardless of the truth.

This could be a similar situation and why they've been mum on price. Keep it quiet hopefully you mosey on in and they sell you last years 10R at deep discounts...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know with autos they will list sold cars as dealer stock when they come in. But thats a function of how their web systems work, all inventory gets blasted out as AVAILABLE regardless of the truth.

This could be a similar situation and why they've been mum on price. Keep it quiet hopefully you mosey on in and they sell you last years 10R at deep discounts...
They're available. There's one an hour from me

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wouldn't doubt quite a few are flippers looking to make a quick buck. Ive seen it in the past with the Doge Viper and the ford GT where the cars were sold out ahead of time to those with connections then they made a killing after they took delivery selling to rabid car guys.

We all know there are no rabid bike guys right... :)

·
Banned
546 Posts
OR they realized they were about to wade into a 526 pound, 180 horsepower, $30,000 project that was absolutely NOTHING like the bill of goods they'd been sold and decided to bail.

I also see you're discovering your cat is welded to the header (like I told you it was), it barely keeps up with the 10R (like I told you it wouldn't), you can't buy parts or fix the paint if you make a mistake and one of you is about to be the first guy to flash his ECU and grenade a motor (this one I'm actually gonna feel bad for).

You guys can 'emperor's new clothes' this all you want to get to sleep at night but outside looking in the H2 is an unmitigated disaster. It's expensive, heavy, prohibitively difficult to modify and it just ain't that fast. That said, the H2R IS awesome and it's the only thing keeping the perception up. I'd sell while you still can. I managed to get out of my H2 and never been so happy about dodging a bullet in my life. I was worried I'd regret it but seeing the outcome I actually feel bad for anyone who bought one.

But rest assured nobody is flipping - they're running away. And they'd better hurry because they're about to announce the 2016 and that's when the prices will REALLY drop. Kawasaki better get those dancing Ninjas back out to start practicing their routine...

·
Registered
202 Posts
OR they realized they were about to wade into a 526 pound, 180 horsepower, $30,000 project that was absolutely NOTHING like the bill of goods they'd been sold and decided to bail.

I also see you're discovering your cat is welded to the header (like I told you it was), it barely keeps up with the 10R (like I told you it wouldn't), you can't buy parts or fix the paint if you make a mistake and one of you is about to be the first guy to flash his ECU and grenade a motor (this one I'm actually gonna feel bad for).

You guys can 'emperor's new clothes' this all you want to get to sleep at night but outside looking in the H2 is an unmitigated disaster. It's expensive, heavy, prohibitively difficult to modify and it just ain't that fast. That said, the H2R IS awesome and it's the only thing keeping the perception up. I'd sell while you still can. I managed to get out of my H2 and never been so happy about dodging a bullet in my life. I was worried I'd regret it but seeing the outcome I actually feel bad for anyone who bought one.

But rest assured nobody is flipping - they're running away. And they'd better hurry because they're about to announce the 2016 and that's when the prices will REALLY drop. Kawasaki better get those dancing Ninjas back out to start practicing their routine...

I lost a lot of money on this H2 and didn't even buy one. How? Back in early November I sold a lot of my Comcast stock to have the cash funds to purchase in full.

Then I got scared about the weight after the figures were released. In 2009 I bought into the hype of the 09 R1 Crossplane. 479 pounds. Pushing it around my basement compared to my Gen 1 ZX10R was absurd. I couldn't believe the difference. I sold it. I can only imagine what putting a 50 pound bag of concrete on that already heavy 09 R1 would have felt like. It would have felt like 529 pounds.

So I didn't buy in because I was afraid it would be as heavy as a Harley. Since then Comcast stock has gone way up, thus the loss I incurred by selling my stock. At least I still have the $31,000 dollars. Now I get to pay the taxes on it, so more loss on this bike I never bought.

I know you can get some of the weight down, but probably not much under 500 pounds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I lost a lot of money on this H2 and didn't even buy one. How? Back in early November I sold a lot of my Comcast stock to have the cash funds to purchase in full.

Then I got scared about the weight after the figures were released. In 2009 I bought into the hype of the 09 R1 Crossplane. 479 pounds. Pushing it around my basement compared to my Gen 1 ZX10R was absurd. I couldn't believe the difference. I sold it. I can only imagine what putting a 50 pound bag of concrete on that already heavy 09 R1 would have felt like. It would have felt like 529 pounds.

So I didn't buy in because I was afraid it would be as heavy as a Harley. Since then Comcast stock has gone way up, thus the loss I incurred by selling my stock. At least I still have the $31,000 dollars. Now I get to pay the taxes on it, so more loss on this bike I never bought.

I know you can get some of the weight down, but probably not much under 500 pounds.
Would have made more sense to hold a stock you thought well enough of to buy,

and get bike financed , instead.

I try to keep most of my cash in play with real estate, and got 3.19 %

loan on bike with 72 months to pay, or could pay off early.

At 3.19 % , it made no sense to pay cash.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Would have made more sense to hold a stock you thought well enough of to buy,

and get bike financed , instead.

I try to keep most of my cash in play with real estate, and got 3.19 %

loan on bike with 72 months to pay, or could pay off early.

At 3.19 % , it made no sense to pay cash.

I don't like debt, preferred to have paid cash versus 6 years of payments.

·
Registered
473 Posts

Seems to me you shouldn't be riding bikes or making investments decisions. ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't like debt, preferred to have paid cash versus 6 years of payments.
But if you can finance with low interest and your stock is sound (better to get a well rounded mutual fund) then your investment would pull in more interest then what you were paying out for financing. That's leveraging your money.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
473 Posts
or they realized they were about to wade into a 526 pound, 180 horsepower, $30,000 project that was absolutely nothing like the bill of goods they'd been sold and decided to bail.

I also see you're discovering your cat is welded to the header (like i told you it was), it barely keeps up with the 10r (like i told you it wouldn't), you can't buy parts or fix the paint if you make a mistake and one of you is about to be the first guy to flash his ecu and grenade a motor (this one i'm actually gonna feel bad for).

You guys can 'emperor's new clothes' this all you want to get to sleep at night but outside looking in the h2 is an unmitigated disaster. It's expensive, heavy, prohibitively difficult to modify and it just ain't that fast. That said, the h2r is awesome and it's the only thing keeping the perception up. I'd sell while you still can. I managed to get out of my h2 and never been so happy about dodging a bullet in my life. I was worried i'd regret it but seeing the outcome i actually feel bad for anyone who bought one.

But rest assured nobody is flipping - they're running away. And they'd better hurry because they're about to announce the 2016 and that's when the prices will really drop. Kawasaki better get those dancing ninjas back out to start practicing their routine...
you need to get back on your meds.;)

·
Banned
546 Posts

No worries man, you still did okay. These things will depreciate like a stone falling in the ocean once they start getting beat by lesser bikes at the track and on the street. There's a glut of them for sale now, supply grossly exceeds demand, the mods are expensive and once this ECU flash everybody thinks is going to get them 250HP starts blowing head gaskets or worse you'll realize the H2 was a money pit, joke and nightmare you narrowly avoided. You may have lost a little on the stock but you'd have lost a fortune on the Kawasaki Hype2. Just an ugly slip on only worth 4hp is nearly a 2K endeavor. What a disaster.

Thank your lucky stars you passed. I do every time I see another disappointing fact posted about the H2. I wonder, is anyone mad at Ricky Gadson yet for leading them to believe his H2R with mirrors was the H2 you'd be buying? Even the scale bit was total nonsense since the cat is welded to the header on the street version. Who on earth decided THAT was a good idea? NOTHING Gadson bragged about on his bike panned out for the H2.

There's FIVE of them for sale on Ebay right now and no one wants them. This problem will only grow worse as the months go on and deliveries continue. This is what happens Kawasaki when you chicken out and commit fraud simultaneously. Should've just made the R and forgotten about a street version if you were gonna chump out this hard.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No worries man, you still did okay. These things will depreciate like a stone falling in the ocean once they start getting beat by lesser bikes at the track and on the street. There's a glut of them for sale now, supply grossly exceeds demand, the mods are expensive and once this ECU flash everybody thinks is going to get them 250HP starts blowing head gaskets or worse you'll realize the H2 was a money pit, joke and nightmare you narrowly avoided. You may have lost a little on the stock but you'd have lost a fortune on the Kawasaki Hype2. Just an ugly slip on only worth 4hp is nearly a 2K endeavor. What a disaster.

Thank your lucky stars you passed. I do every time I see another disappointing fact posted about the H2. I wonder, is anyone mad at Ricky Gadson yet for leading them to believe his H2R with mirrors was the H2 you'd be buying? Even the scale bit was total nonsense since the cat is welded to the header on the street version. Who on earth decided THAT was a good idea? NOTHING Gadson bragged about on his bike panned out for the H2.

There's FIVE of them for sale on Ebay right now and no one wants them. This problem will only grow worse as the months go on and deliveries continue. This is what happens Kawasaki when you chicken out and commit fraud simultaneously. Should've just made the R and forgotten about a street version if you were gonna chump out this hard.
I am at a loss for words sometimes, and I guess I am one of the few here who had some understanding of your perspective.

Do I care for depreciation? No

Do I care if other bikes are faster on track or street? No

A glut? I guess there is a glut of Ducati Desmosedici RR around too then, and by the way, do I care? No

Does it have to have 250HP to be enjoyed? Reading pretty much any review or comment from people who actually rode the bike, apparently not.

Was the bike hyped more than it delivered? From some perspectives yes, from others not.

Would I have purchased it anyway, with the knowledge we have now? Definitely yes, perhaps with slightly less emphasis than the "shut up and take my money" moment I had back in November, but I am very pleased with my decision.

Does all this make me a stupid, irrational person? I don't think so.

I was conscious that this would not be an investment purchase, even though I am always interested by rare and exclusive items. The price of this vehicle is a direct hint, it just doesn't put it into the exclusive territory, not even close; the H2R is more like it.

$25K for an entire vehicle definitely does not buy a lot of exclusivity, sorry for anyone who thought differently, and I am perfectly fine with that; a fully equipped Ducati Multistrada has a similar price, and so does a base Panigale S.

I purchased the H2 for two simple reasons:

1) I absolutely love the styling, its shape, color, everything, way beyond any other bike on the market. With the choice (same price) of this vs. the Panigale S, I will buy this one any day of the week, I don't care about the difference in performance.

2) It has a supercharger. It could have had 50HP and I would have purchased it anyway. I like forced induction, therefore I purchased it, period. Could they have pushed on the market an engine with 250HP+ stock? Sure, especially given the level of performance their competitors get from N/A engines, but while it would have been cool, I am perfectly fine with the 210HP it has as-is.

Frio

·
Banned
546 Posts
I am at a loss for words sometimes, and I guess I am one of the few here who had some understanding of your perspective.

Do I care for depreciation? No

Do I care if other bikes are faster on track or street? No

A glut? I guess there is a glut of Ducati Desmosedici RR around too then, and by the way, do I care? No

Does it have to have 250HP to be enjoyed? Reading pretty much any review or comment from people who actually rode the bike, apparently not.

Was the bike hyped more than it delivered? From some perspectives yes, from others not.

Would I have purchased it anyway, with the knowledge we have now? Definitely yes, perhaps with slightly less emphasis than the "shut up and take my money" moment I had back in November, but I am very pleased with my decision.

Does all this make me a stupid, irrational person? I don't think so.

I was conscious that this would not be an investment purchase, even though I am always interested by rare and exclusive items. The price of this vehicle is a direct hint, it just doesn't put it into the exclusive territory, not even close; the H2R is more like it.

$25K for an entire vehicle definitely does not buy a lot of exclusivity, sorry for anyone who thought differently, and I am perfectly fine with that; a fully equipped Ducati Multistrada has a similar price, and so does a base Panigale S.

I purchased the H2 for two simple reasons:

1) I absolutely love the styling, its shape, color, everything, way beyond any other bike on the market. With the choice (same price) of this vs. the Panigale S, I will buy this one any day of the week, I don't care about the difference in performance.

2) It has a supercharger. It could have had 50HP and I would have purchased it anyway. I like forced induction, therefore I purchased it, period. Could they have pushed on the market an engine with 250HP+ stock? Sure, especially given the level of performance their competitors get from N/A engines, but while it would have been cool, I am perfectly fine with the 210HP it has as-is.

Frio
First of all you're in Canada. Your bike has 200ps which is 197horspeower.

Second, you're the problem. This bike could've been a killer. King D*ck. Lord Speed. Master of the Universe. The Kawasaki equivalent of the Hellcat. Unfortunately people like you didn't seem to care. You couldn't wait to spend $30k for a bike that was all hype and fraud and you weren't alone. Inexplicably it seems the only people who bought it don't care about performance for some bizarre reason. Still can't wrap my head around that.

The bike is neither rare nor exclusive. There's a glut of them now, there will be a glut of them later and when they start making the 2016 there will be a glut of them too. The neutered version is a dud. Kawasaki could fix this by killing the R and putting out a 300 hp street version, that is if they weren't wimps.

I don't understand any of this. They had a home run and quit running at third base. What is wrong with you Kawasaki?!?!

You guys bought the worlds most expensive gelding. You were lied to, manipulated, defrauded and now you look like total fools. You should band together and go after Kawasaki. They took your money first while pushing the H2R up everyone's backside, then once they had your non-refundable deposit they dropped the neutered turd you're all trying desperately to convince yourself you love now. You've all been wronged. It can be fixed... If only you cared.

Sad.

·
Registered
281 Posts
First of all you're in Canada. Your bike has 200ps which is 197horspeower.

Second, you're the problem. This bike could've been a killer. King D*ck. Lord Speed. Master of the Universe. The Kawasaki equivalent of the Hellcat. Unfortunately people like you didn't seem to care. You couldn't wait to spend $30k for a bike that was all hype and fraud and you weren't alone. Inexplicably it seems the only people who bought it don't care about performance for some bizarre reason. Still can't wrap my head around that.

The bike is neither rare nor exclusive. There's a glut of them now, there will be a glut of them later and when they start making the 2016 there will be a glut of them too. The neutered version is a dud. Kawasaki could fix this by killing the R and putting out a 300 hp street version, that is if they weren't wimps.

I don't understand any of this. They had a home run and quit running at third base. What is wrong with you Kawasaki?!?!

You guys bought the worlds most expensive gelding. You were lied to, manipulated, defrauded and now you look like total fools. You should band together and go after Kawasaki. They took your money first while pushing the H2R up everyone's backside, then once they had your non-refundable deposit they dropped the neutered turd you're all trying desperately to convince yourself you love now. You've all been wronged. It can be fixed... If only you cared.

Sad.
First of all your pointless enunciation of the numbers matters really little.

I am sorry, but I am not the problem. I would have loved to have a 250HP monster, which seemed to be what Kawasaki was hinting at. I am just not one like you, who given the prospect of having a lesser bike than you thought would be possible, immediately baulked at Kawasaki for frauding people.

Your constant remark for this bike being not rare nor exclusive shows how little you understand about rarity or exclusivity, given once again that the price the H2 is being sold at just cannot make it either rare or exclusive.

Have you ridden one? Obviously not. From comments and reviews around, it is pretty apparent that it is not a dud. Is it a spaceship? Does it compare to the H2R (the bike that is ACTUALLY "built beyond belief")? It just doesn't, and it's fine, because I was prepared to spend 25K for an excellent road bike rather than 65K for a (rare and exclusive) track machine.

If you thought you would be able to get a Ferrari for the price of a Toyota, then you are the fool, sir.

It's just funny to see you try so hard to make people dislike this product, when there is really not much to hate, except perhaps the comparison with the H2R, which was beyond reach from the beginning, sadly.

I agree that they could have pushed it a little further, given that they have built the H2R after all, but addressing the H2 as a neutered turd is just priceless...

I will certainly give feedback to Kawasaki as to how their PR campaign was purposely focused on the H2R, while trying to convince people that the H2 was essentially the same. Once again, if you are gullible enough to believe blindly in the salesman trying to sell you the Ferrari for the Toyota price, then you are the fool.

Frio

1 - 20 of 48 Posts