Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done both mod to my bike and I can tell that those two mod have been a big + for the whole experience with the H2. First it have fix almost 100% off the brutal on off throttle response at low speed. It was my biggest concern and almost a pain in the a__ when negotiating corner at slow speed (first and second gear). Now I am able to be precise enough with the throttle response and the bike pull like I always wish it would and even more. Get the front wheel off the ground at 200 kph when you don't expect it is just a amazing feeling. I'm now saying that the devil is incarnated in this bike!!! The only negative thing left on the bike is the heavy pull clutch that got even worst with Brock's spring mod but this I think that I will have to live with it... I am really happy with the overall outcome. >:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
19 tooth front sprocket is that up or down from stock? Also what brand of front sprocket do you go with? Vortex?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I tried the 19 tooth sprocket but found the gearing too long for the twisty roads so have gone back standard ... loving the bike with the stage 2 mods.
When I had first fitted the Brocks clutch springs, the lever was stupidly heavy, removed the slave cylinder and re-fitted taking extra care to fully seat the whole face and torquing the bolts F.T. and amazingly the clutch lever is now no worse than stock, definitely worth looking at .

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I tried the 19 tooth sprocket but found the gearing too long for the twisty roads so have gone back standard ...
This statement baffles me a bit. My bike is currently geared 19/42 for LSR but I find it will still pick the front up on the throttle in the first four gears.

If you can't use full throttle with 19/42 then why would you say the gearing is "too long" with 19/44? I must be missing something, it'll do over 160mph in fourth gear, those twisty's must be some kind of road.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Too long for my personal taste... Sure the bike will pull 19/44 no problem, but my enjoyment of riding was reduced on the twisty roads and changing back to 18/44 felt a whole lot better to me. With the longer gearing the bike just felt a bit lazy... With the flash and power commander the throttle response is so much smoother than stock anyway so didn't need taller gearing to calm down the extra power... Maybe after I have fitted the RG62 kit I may have a re-think on the gearing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This statement baffles me a bit. My bike is currently geared 19/42 for LSR but I find it will still pick the front up on the throttle in the first four gears.

If you can't use full throttle with 19/42 then why would you say the gearing is "too long" with 19/44? I must be missing something, it'll do over 160mph in fourth gear, those twisty's must be some kind of road.
Sorry to resurrect this post but I need an opinion. I have 18/42 gear on my h2 now with basically my own stage 2 (Brock's exhaust, woolich software, DNA). I'm doing 9/10 racing and mile racing. I just ran tonight and hit the limiter hard in 6th at 14k rpm, got 200 even. I am not raising my revlimit above that but I need at least 207-210 in the mile for what I'm doing. Would 19/42 be to tall? Or should I do 19/43 19/44?? 19/44 will only get me 202 I believe, not much different from 18/42.

Main question is how does it drive? Do you notice it boggy or what? I'm comparing this to going up a tooth in the front on a zx10, it was a fucking pig till it got moving. I ride the bike everyday, is it a pain to get used to? Give me your complete opinion on the gear if you can.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this post but I need an opinion. I have 18/42 gear on my h2 now with basically my own stage 2 (Brock's exhaust, woolich software, DNA). I'm doing 9/10 racing and mile racing. I just ran tonight and hit the limiter hard in 6th at 14k rpm, got 200 even. I am not raising my revlimit above that but I need at least 207-210 in the mile for what I'm doing. Would 19/42 be to tall? Or should I do 19/43 19/44?? 19/44 will only get me 202 I believe, not much different from 18/42.

Main question is how does it drive? Do you notice it boggy or what? I'm comparing this to going up a tooth in the front on a zx10, it was a fucking pig till it got moving. I ride the bike everyday, is it a pain to get used to? Give me your complete opinion on the gear if you can.
Last year, as an experiment, I went down from my 19/42 to 19/43 and on the first run over the standing-mile it hit the rev limiter in top. Back to 19/42 and it was fine and recorded 205.7.

Worth mentioning that the Ghul flash on my ECU is his Mk1 with the original 13,000 limit, but my bike's peak power is at 12,000 so I gear accordingly. Its worth checking in Gearing Commander, especially if you have the 14,000 limit. Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator The speed given in their table does not factor in any slippage and you need to allow for this, will usually be at least a few percent, maybe more.

Also, if you're racing with the higher limit, bear in mind Brock's comments that engine hours before a major service will be similar to the H2R. Rideability with the higher ratios is just fine, much better than stock which is geared for 186mph at 13,000. I reckon Kawasaki did this to make it as insane as possible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last year, as an experiment, I went down from my 19/42 to 19/43 and on the first run over the standing-mile it hit the rev limiter in top. Back to 19/42 and it was fine and recorded 205.7.

Worth mentioning that the Ghul flash on my ECU is his Mk1 with the original 13,000 limit, but my bike's peak power is at 12,000 so I gear accordingly. Its worth checking in Gearing Commander, especially if you have the 14,000 limit. Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator The speed given in their table does not factor in any slippage and you need to allow for this, will usually be at least a few percent, maybe more.

Also, if you're racing with the higher limit, bear in mind Brock's comments that engine hours before a major service will be similar to the H2R. Rideability with the higher ratios is just fine, much better than stock which is geared for 186mph at 13,000. I reckon Kawasaki did this to make it as insane as possible.
Do you have a link to this statement from Brock? I'd like to read the whole thing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts