Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am seriously considering buying a H2 which would be a 2nd bike as I already have a 2014 Ninja 1000.

I was going to buy myself a new car but I have decided to stick with my old one as I am thinking it's only fair to get a H2 instead >:D

I have been an avid fan of the H2 since it was released and am finding it hard to resist heading to my local dealership and laying down some $$.

Cheers
Jimmy

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to the forum, JimmyELsewhere! It is definitely only fair to yourself to get an H2 I think it would be a nice addition to your family. But She doesn't have very good table manners. She just guzzles fuel, and there is no cure for it. So even if you bring her home, you and her will be spending more time at the filling station.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"She just guzzles fuel, and there is no cure for it"...I wouldn't be so sure about that...;)How's 50 mpg sound.Granted...not everywhere...nor all the time...but very doable.45 I get regularly.Upper 30's/low 40's is where I spend most of my riding.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the forum, JimmyELsewhere! It is definitely only fair to yourself to get an H2 I think it would be a nice addition to your family. But She doesn't have very good table manners. She just guzzles fuel, and there is no cure for it. So even if you bring her home, you and her will be spending more time at the filling station.
DO YOU KNOW THE MPG OF Aprilia RSV 4?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I agree 45 - 50 mpg is realistic. Of course it can go a lot lower. Its the tanks capacity that is at fault. IT holds enough to make you glad to get off IT and stretch your legs, have a ciggy and chat up the best looking girl that is among the group admiring IT.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Based on what I originally read in the manual I was only filling to the bottom of the filler neck. Read the manual again and in one area it refers only to the Cali model, that if overfilled heat may cause the fuel to expand and flow into the Evaporative Emission Control System resulting in hard starting and engine hesitation". In another area w/ diagram it just states fill only to "Bottom of filler neck) Maximum fuel level" BUT under pg 95 : "Never fill the tank COMPLETELY to the top. If the tank is filled completely to the top, heat may cause the fuel to expand and overflow through the vents in the tank cap"

So very recently I've been filling more than just to the bottom of filler neck but not to the top. That little bit more of fuel helps w/ the very short range. I was not getting over 70-90 miles before Fuel light. Believe my overall average is low 20s. Agree you can get good gas mileage it's just so **** hard to resist.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Based on what I originally read in the manual I was only filling to the bottom of the filler neck. Read the manual again and in one area it refers only to the Cali model, that if overfilled heat may cause the fuel to expand and flow into the Evaporative Emission Control System resulting in hard starting and engine hesitation". In another area w/ diagram it just states fill only to "Bottom of filler neck) Maximum fuel level" BUT under pg 95 : "Never fill the tank COMPLETELY to the top. If the tank is filled completely to the top, heat may cause the fuel to expand and overflow through the vents in the tank cap"

So very recently I've been filling more than just to the bottom of filler neck but not to the top. That little bit more of fuel helps w/ the very short range. I was not getting over 70-90 miles before Fuel light. Believe my overall average is low 20s. Agree you can get good gas mileage it's just so **** hard to resist.
If I'm filling and riding the bike for some distance immediately afterwards, I'll fill to the brim (on the basis I will 'use' the fuel faster than it can expand) and I want to get the mileage before filling up again.

If I'm filling it and parking it up, then I'll only fill to the base of the filler neck.

I'm a bit boring and have been keeping fuel consumption figures from new - over 2,200 miles it's averaged 37mpg (UK), best tank was 45.2mpg and worst 18.2 mpg (that was a silly session !)

Best miles per tank was 148 - but it only took 14.9 litres to fill so, in theory, it had another 20 miles or so available .........

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If I'm filling and riding the bike for some distance immediately afterwards, I'll fill to the brim (on the basis I will 'use' the fuel faster than it can expand) and I want to get the mileage before filling up again.

If I'm filling it and parking it up, then I'll only fill to the base of the filler neck. .........

That makes a lot of sense thanks, that's what I'll start doing too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fuel on mine averages 8.8 litres per 100ks,mind you dont really care as my V8 supercharged Ute averages 20 litres per 100ks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey PMSHK,
I don't have an Aprilia RSV4.
I'm sorry, but I read about it in motorcycle magazines, but I can't quote any numbers off the top of my head.
I could probably see if I could find any information in my magazines, if nobody has the numbers you are looking for.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey PMSHK,
I looked at all of my resources, including owners manuals, and they just don't state any M.P.G. of any modern bike. At least I never found one.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm getting good mileages from mine.45 mpg often...37 or so mostly.19mpg in the fun zone!(perhaps lower...hard to watch the display when the front's rockin hard;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts