Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I better spring for the extended warranty, especially after looking at the prices of parts. The good part is there is roadside assistance and towing.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same. Are u waiting for a 2019?
No, I have a 2018 with 11,000 miles on it. I ride it a lot so better to be safe than sorry. The best part is the roadside assistance, they will have someone come out and give you a jump, or pick you up if you have a flat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That makes sense. I’ve never needed roadside but it would be handy if I ever did. My Prius isn’t exactly outfitted for towing anything lol.

I’ll have to look into this a bit. Any idea how much these warranty plans run? I guess I could call the dealer and ask. That’s actually not a bad idea.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Called the dealer who ordered my H2. They said the ESC warranty runs between 1999 & 3000 depending on coverage.

Not bad for some peace of mind 👌🏼 Has anyone here ever had to use an extended warranty for the H2? Limitations?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called the dealer who ordered my H2. They said the ESC warranty runs between 1999 & 3000 depending on coverage.

Not bad for some peace of mind 👌🏼 Has anyone here ever had to use an extended warranty for the H2? Limitations?
The prices are (from Kawasaki in US dollars)
12 mo $ 1,001
24 mo $ 1,122
36 mo $ 1,397
48 mo $ 1,639

There are no options for coverage just the time. DO NOT let the dealer sell you some aftermarket warranty. This is the OEM warranty.

https://kpp.kawasaki.com/

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well ****. I’m glad I asked. As many new bikes as I’ve purchased, I’ve never bought an extended warranty. I don’t usually keep them very long. These guys.... 🤨.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is extended warranty worth it?
Also if u leave bike stock mostly warranty is good
But if u do supercharger gears or intercooler it’s void.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is extended warranty worth it?
Also if u leave bike stock mostly warranty is good
But if u do supercharger gears or intercooler it’s void.
IMHO it is, (even at full price), it is basically a Kawasaki factory warranty, but the coverage is different, it doesn't cover paint and bodywork, but is does cover the engine, transmission, most of the electronics, brakes, suspension, fuel systems, ABS, etc. But it also adds roadside assistance and towing. Getting a flat can be a major pain and a free tow home is a good thing. Also if there is any engine trouble it pays for itself pretty much instantly. Like I said before DO NOT let them sell you anything but the GTPP/KPP plan. Also there is no deductible with the KPP plan.
I bought 36 mos, just got the warranty card from Kawasaki. And it is transferable. So if you sell, the buyer gets it.

As for the gears and intercooler, if something blows, return it to stock and submit.

IMHO when you make the deal for the bike, either get them to through it in OR insist that they give it to you for cost. Even at cost the dealer loses nothing but scores some points that allows them to trips for dealer shows. It is a win for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts