Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a GoPro Hero 5 Session for Christmas.
So I haven't fiddled with it yet but hopefully the first time I use it will be on the H2.
That being said, any and all advice on mounting, usage, setup, editing, publishing etc. would be greatly appreciated. I haven't even bought the memory card yet, so advice on that is quite welcome. Racer172 has some pretty darn good videos and it looks like he is using the same camera.

·
Registered
891 Posts
the H2 is difficult to mount a camera on the front of the bike because of the fairing.
most people mount cameras showing the tach, usually mounted on the gas tank but this interferes with your helmet/rider position and your seeing the tach info. I also have a Hero 5 black which I used to record audio because it accepts an external mic, but I don't mount it on the bike for video because it's too large. I prefer the Hero Session 5 cameras, this is what has been used for all the videos of mine that you've seen from the canyons & track. Camera settings I use are 1080-60 Linear

I don't like a big camera mounted on my fairing so I went to a bit of work to do a custom mount, see in this thread:

http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/ninja-h2-general-discussion/21281-unique-gopro-mount.html

and the rear mount using a RAM mount

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
racer172,
Thank you sir!
That is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for.
I have a bunch of RAM stuff and that will be a good start.
And safety wire as you did is a must!

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
^ a while back I had a brand new $500 gopro camera that I was using at the track.
just before I went out for one of my final sessions I got the bright idea of getting a killer angle shot so using the Ram mount I bolted it down around the engine casing area. 1 hard right hander and it was gone. I was pretty sure what turn it ripped off in but I was too embarrassed to go back and claim it so I chalked it up to an expensive lesson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts