Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is there any interference when you're tucked? Looks like it would be right in your eyes should you decide to get intimate with the tank...

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean..the long mount?well,it could I suppose.Haven't actually used THIS arm in that position yet...but carving...I don't tuck in that much.We'll see..just have to remember it's there...not used to it being back like that.Good point though...thanks Bazza.Hope you're doing okay.Haven't heard ya post here in a bit.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to use my short mount instead.Thanks again Bazza...it was a tad too long right there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Your referring to the stem mount being long? Not sure about that but I really like the setup. That is sweet you didn't need to stick it to tank. I think you could drop your head right to it as it's pretty far forward. Do you have another size that fits in the nut? The ball or whatever. I have never seen anything like that. I also like how that helmet mount flares out a bit I hope I can find that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you had a link to that stem mount that'd be sweet I like that.. Never seen one that didn't mount to gas cap or tank.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That mount is called a 'Ram Mount'.Google that...you'll see em.Installing in the stem hole was a bit tricky however.I did NOT have those star torx tips with the hole in em.So had to slide and slip that stem ball mount at just the right angle.Had to cut it shorter as well.If you have those torx wrenches(I need to get a set of the ones with the holes)...you can remove the steering damper(out of the way but attached)...and avoid the hassles I had.

I used the 4" arm.The other(in the pic)is the 6"...not much room in that cockpit for something that extreme.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I mounted my GoPro on the tank using the suction cup. The video is quite clear, a bit of vibration occasionally but the previous comment about "tuck" is quite right.
I would use this position for road riding but for the track it would have to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Used my suction mount at first also.It started leaving some marks on the surface.They buffed out,but I wasn't gonna chance anything getting into the clearcoat.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I mounted my GoPro on the tank using the suction cup. The video is quite clear, a bit of vibration occasionally but the previous comment about "tuck" is quite right.
I would use this position for road riding but for the track it would have to go elsewhere.
Bobc nice view.

Used my suction mount at first also.It started leaving some marks on the surface.They buffed out,but I wasn't gonna chance anything getting into the clearcoat.
I looked today and I see what you mean about the stabilizer totally covering the **** hole... I don't think it would work on my bike as it would interfere. I'm kinda lucky cuz where I'd stick the suction cup is one piece of my tank plastic so I could replace if I f it up

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah..that ram mount WILL work.I didn't remove my steering damper...that's why I had to cut some off of the rubber stem that fits in there.Once I got the right length,and it would still tighten up okay,I worked it in there...and under that damper.It's okay.No problem.That Ram Mount really IS the way to go.Solid.Virtually vibration free.No sticking anything anywhere on the paint.The ball mount MAY be separate...I can't remember just now.It's on that same website anyway.Then you can get the 'gopro ball mount' as well.Works just great.Nice and steady and smooth.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nah..that ram mount WILL work.I didn't remove my steering damper...that's why I had to cut some off of the rubber stem that fits in there.Once I got the right length,and it would still tighten up okay,I worked it in there...and under that damper.It's okay.No problem.That Ram Mount really IS the way to go.Solid.Virtually vibration free.No sticking anything anywhere on the paint.The ball mount MAY be separate...I can't remember just now.It's on that same website anyway.Then you can get the 'gopro ball mount' as well.Works just great.Nice and steady and smooth.
Yeah I think the subtle differences between our bikes make it not possible. There is no room. The damper would have to be flipped on its side on my bike

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The BEST way to install that ball mount is to buy the torx hex for those damper bolts...and simply move it back a bit for clearance.I was just in a hurry to get mine on there, and done.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is what I mean about damper blocking hole. It's not blocked by a lot but it's obstructed.. If the ram is thin above wher it tightens in the hole than maybe it would work?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well..as I said...I cut the stem rubber portion down some to get it to angle under the damper...but removing the two bolts there and moving the damper back,the Ram Mount as is will fit.I was just in a hurry really.There's PLENTY of clearance when the damper is returned to it's stock config.No problem.The ball is forward of the damper.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes..the Ram Mount website has the GoPro ball mount.Use the arm.Works great.

Again...if you remove that damper out of the way by removing the two bolts there,you don't need to cut anything.That's really the right way to do this.The result however is the same.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes..the Ram Mount website has the GoPro ball mount.Use the arm.Works great.

Again...if you remove that damper out of the way by removing the two bolts there,you don't need to cut anything.That's really the right way to do this.The result however is the same.
Interesting to me that you need to remove it, yet once ram put on and damper put back on its fine. Weird lol I'm checking them iut

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You see how the flat of the Ram mount is under the damper?Plenty of clearance.I guess you'd have to see the length of the rubber locking deal that goes in the stem.It's too long to be able to push it past the damper and push it down into the stem.That's the issue with it.Taking the damper away from the stem hole allows the rubber deal to go straight in..instead of angling it past the damper.That way,you can tighten the center mount allen easily.Trust me...you want this install to go nicely.No cutting...nothing.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm debating on whether to do Forster ram or chin mount.. High speed the view would be better with ram but it count interfere with crouch idk but being able to turn camera with head is cool but when you go fast in crouch you generally stare at dash..

Silver is this your mount?

RAM Fork Stem Mount and 1" Diameter Ball with Custom GoPro® Hero Adapter

Looks fairly straightforward so long as you get it to tighten, there is a vid that shows it on their. Also it looks to only come with one mount like 4 inches maybe? Hard to tell and it didn't say.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts