Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After around the first 18 months of 2015 H2 ownership my clutch fluid was extremely low so I rode to my local dealership (COLCHESTER KAWASAKI) and they kindly had a quick look for me and topped up the level and asked me to keep an eye on the level . Almost a year later with the warranty now finished I noticed the level was once again on the low side but more concerning was I could see bubbling paint on my side stand bracket and also bubbling green paint on the lover part of the frame caused by the corrosive nature of brake/clutch fluid leaking from the clutch slave area.

Kawasaki UK and Colchester Kawasaki are fixing the leaking slave , removing the chain and front sprocket and cleaning up the removing the blistered paint and transporting it to a paint shop to repaint the bottom frame lug and the side stand bracket .
This work is being undertaken free of charge under a "goodwill claim ".

Obviously I did bring to their attention the problem while the bike was in warranty but credit where credit is due I'm impressed by the service from both COLCHESTER KAWASAKI and KAWASAKI UK for accepting without fuss the responsibility of the problem .
The Kawasaki H2 has been my first new Kawasaki and my first bike from Colchester Kawasaki and the attitude of both these companies has been very impressive . As I'm sure most of you have experienced almost everyone out there is out to rip you off giving any opportunity but this has been a refreshing change .
So once more THANK YOU Colchester Kawasaki and Kawasaki UK , I'm sure I will be useing both of you in the near future.

·
Registered
891 Posts
that's a good story, thanks for sharing.
Q: I assume the dealership knew your bike was modded & flashed but ignored that since the mods were unrelated to the issue at hand..?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a warranty story about Reno Kawasaki, although not H2 related but as to how they operate. Back in 2008 I decided to buy my first sport tourer, and having read all the stuff on the Concours 14 on how it was derived from the ZX14, I figured I want some real comfort and saddlebags. I have always been a "Get the fastest Kawasaki made" kind of guy. So this was a big change for me. Well come to find out the Concours 14 is a big fast, good handling bike that is comfortable. But me being me, I flog the thing thing on every twisty road I can find and after 33,000 miles and coming off a sweeper at 130ish, I hammer the throttle and it doesn't feel right. So I stop and It is knocking. Crap! I get it home and take it to the dealer and tell them the deal, and say after I get it fixed I might trade it in for a 2009 with ABS because I find myself riding in all sorts of nasty weather. Instead of giving me a hard time, they wheeled me over to a 2009 with abs, and told me that it was mine and the only thing I had to do is pay the difference between the ABS and non ABS......done. They gave me every penny I paid on that trade in of a blown up motorcycle. At the time I was the only person on the planet that had ever blown one up. :) They have my business forever. When I decided I wanted an H2, they went out of their way to make sure I was first on the list.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a good story, thanks for sharing.
Q: I assume the dealership knew your bike was modded & flashed but ignored that since the mods were unrelated to the issue at hand..?
Hi racer ,
With the exception of a tail tidy my bike is as it left the factory so I had no issues with modifications . That was one point that I made in my claim

: Only Kawasaki Japan and Colchester Kawasaki have ever worked on my bike but in the interest of total accuracy I fitted a tail tidy myself .

Cannot say if it helped or not but would certainly not do my claim any harm , also the bike is low mileage and mint condition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to be clear. DOT x does not "corrode" as much as it combines and dissolves with "paint". DOT "Nothing" will attack "Imron" or other properly hardened Polyurethanes. Go good stuff or stay home. :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to be clear. DOT x does not "corrode" as much as it combines and dissolves with "paint". DOT "Nothing" will attack "Imron" or other properly hardened Polyurethanes. Go good stuff or stay home. :)
Well whatever you call it it F****D up my paintwork and it was in the bike from new .

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After around the first 18 months of 2015 H2 ownership my clutch fluid was extremely low so I rode to my local dealership (COLCHESTER KAWASAKI) and they kindly had a quick look for me and topped up the level and asked me to keep an eye on the level . Almost a year later with the warranty now finished I noticed the level was once again on the low side but more concerning was I could see bubbling paint on my side stand bracket and also bubbling green paint on the lover part of the frame caused by the corrosive nature of brake/clutch fluid leaking from the clutch slave area.

Kawasaki UK and Colchester Kawasaki are fixing the leaking slave , removing the chain and front sprocket and cleaning up the removing the blistered paint and transporting it to a paint shop to repaint the bottom frame lug and the side stand bracket .
This work is being undertaken free of charge under a "goodwill claim ".

Obviously I did bring to their attention the problem while the bike was in warranty but credit where credit is due I'm impressed by the service from both COLCHESTER KAWASAKI and KAWASAKI UK for accepting without fuss the responsibility of the problem .
The Kawasaki H2 has been my first new Kawasaki and my first bike from Colchester Kawasaki and the attitude of both these companies has been very impressive . As I'm sure most of you have experienced almost everyone out there is out to rip you off giving any opportunity but this has been a refreshing change .
So once more THANK YOU Colchester Kawasaki and Kawasaki UK , I'm sure I will be useing both of you in the near future.
My H2 has now been returned after having the blistering paint repaired under a "goodwill claim " .
I am very pleased to report that Colchester Kawasaki or the paint shop they use have done a superb job on my frame .
The border between original paint and repair is 100% invisible . I can assure you i would not have settled for anything less but it's been a refreshing change that I've not had to be a pain in the arse ( they may think differently) to get a very satisfactory conclusion.
Well done Kawasaki .

·
Registered
503 Posts
My H2 has now been returned after having the blistering paint repaired under a "goodwill claim " .
I am very pleased to report that Colchester Kawasaki or the paint shop they use have done a superb job on my frame .
The border between original paint and repair is 100% invisible . I can assure you i would not have settled for anything less but it's been a refreshing change that I've not had to be a pain in the arse ( they may think differently) to get a very satisfactory conclusion.
Well done Kawasaki .
Great result

If the painter can match the fairings and tank paint, "the worlds his oyster" as they say

Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great result

If the painter can match the fairings and tank paint, "the worlds his oyster" as they say

Rob
Thanks Rob , I was chuffed when I saw it and it's nice to have it home even if I can't ride it .
Yes the dreaded paint , probably the main reason for the H2 being so expensive to insure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts