Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow H2 owners! Don't know if I missed something in another thread (as I'm new to the forum), but I am curious as to what extra customer care goodies arrive in the crate with the H2 when delivered to the dealership.... beside the manual. I'm picking mine up next Tuesday in New Hampshire (USA) and I just want to make sure nothing is "five finger discounted" ;) I have not received anything in the mail, other than an email inquiring about my shirt size. I had read something about a detailing kit.... nano resin perhaps?

Thanks for the help and stay safe out there!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
In a large (about 20" long) black Ninja H2 box there is a smaller presentation box that has a mounted welcome letter, a nice brochure on the H2 & a really great 30 year Ninja Book. Inside the box there is also a glass USB, a H2 keychain w/ your VIN, an H2 service book and H2 shirt. (Some folks didn't get the shirt, sounds like you'll get yours) . My dealer also gave me the Dr Beasleys detailing spray (12oz.) & 2 good quality blue & red piped micro fiber cloths. Not sure why but in the mail from Kawasaki I received another Dr Beasleys detailing spray, the nano-resin w/ applicator and 2 more microfiber cloths.

Of course you also want to make sure to receive 2 sets of keys, the manual (inside a Ninja H2 case), your tools.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck w the bike! CONGRATS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks again for the prompt and very detailed response! I'll be sure to keep an eagle eye out for that box and inquire about the nano wax. It is rather excellent of Kawasaki to make us feel so special. The only thing I got from Ducati after picking up a $23,000 996 Foggy replica was a cheap bike cover!
Also to Kawasakis credit is their customer service, as they provided me with a VIN and an ETA for my machine after I responded to their shirt size inquiry. Many thanks to Margot for going above and beyond the call of duty!
Thanks again for the great help and well wishes! Best - J.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep...got that Beasley's kit with the bike...and the dealer had the box kit like a week later.THEN...as was mentioned...I got a SECOND batch of the Beasley's in the mail...nice.I was pleasantly surprised that that Keychain also had my VIN on there....makes it kinda personal.Very cool of Kawasaki to go that little extra there.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's worth keeping all these gifts that you receive with the bike because they are part of its provenance and add to its future value.

Obviously the big book with the ingot bearing your bike's VIN number but I also have the Kawasaki letter of acceptance for my order and all the other paperwork safely stored away.

·
Registered
105 Posts
kawasaki havent sent me anything yet except the bike and manual... :/
Got my box like two weeks ago, over two months after i got the bike. but no t-shirt, no servicemanual on the usb-stick and no Beasley's. But the rest was very nice, i bought mine straight from a kawasakidealer, did'nt order through kawasaki, maybe that's why it took so long and i did'nt get all the stuff others got.. Does'nt matter, the bike is awsome!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That dealer SHOULD receive those items.Talk to him...you paid for it...they're yours along with the bike.Don't take 'no' for an answer with this.If you have to call Kawasaki in Irvine,California to get this straight,do it.You paid for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey gents..... I bought my H2 from a dealer and he ordered the bike himself...... he gave me the kit he receieved....whats missing is a shirt, accecptence letter....and my metal and clear plastic USBjump drive is blank....meaning no files on it!!....I wonder if the dummy formatted it and erased everything??..... can anyone confrim that files are on there USBjump drdrive?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any one kind enough to copy the files and dump to a cloud share so I can have them too??.... I have a feeling the owner formatted the disk.... I hate when asked that because people who are not very "computer/electronic savy" say "YES" to that question.... not knowing that is will erase the drive!! Arggghhh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Dezion.....

My H2 was delivered to my dealer in July. In the crate was the (small) owners manual, a goofy illustrated riding tips sort of booklet and a zippered pouch to hold them. Also included was a rubber strap with two metal loops. Haven't figured that one out yet, and a spray bottle of Dr. Beasley's "Final Finish" detailing product, along with two really nice micro fiber cloths. A couple of weeks later the big box arrived at my door step. This rectangular black box has "Ninja" emblazoned on the front and contains a welcoming letter, a beautiful Ninja history hardcover book, exclusive H2 brochure, carbon fiber key chain w/ VIN, coolest looking USB stick I've seen, complete shop manual, and a button down shirt. Since you made me curious when I read your post, I checked out my USB on my Macbook Pro. Same thing as you bud.... absolutely empty, and mine was untouched by a dealer. As to the rest of the stuff, you may not have received it yet. I would not hesitate to get a hold of Kawasaki in order to find out what the deal is. The care package is really rather impressive and worth your time and effort. I am really impressed with how Kawasaki has followed through with every aspect of my purchase and I would not be surprised if they made right by you also. God lyck friend and enjoy your new ride! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
....just realized (after reading your original post) dezion that your dealer bought it then sold it to you. Sounds like he either kept the good bits, or Kawasaki does not offer the same stuff to the dealer. I'm still confused over the USB thing. Anybody else have a blank USB?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Gootz,

You having a blank USB flash stick makes me feel better. I doubt we would have two blanks in error?..... did it ask you to " initialize or format" the stick upon inserting into your macbook? Mines didnt ask me that ...... but if it did..... and you then said "YES" to that question..... you'd erase the memory! ;(

So the owner/dealer I got it from, mentioned nothing to me about a rubber strap with metal hoops?

I got the small box with liquid spray, nano-resin sealer and 2 micro clothes.
I got the pouch with the owners manual/keys etc....
I also have the big care kit box....since you know I have the USB stick :)

Seems that all I'm missing is the shirt then, and he didn't order the shirt.....as he didn't bother to read the paper to figure out that you could. Duh.
He's much smaller then me anyways, and would prob wear a Small or Med....and I'm an XL..... so if I can get one from Kawasaki USA....
then I should have the complete kit.

Thanks for the detailed reply Gootz!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome. My pleasure dezion. I simply popped my thumb drive in and it showed up as "untitled" or "unnamed" (whatever) and upon looking at the info for the drive noticed that all 8 gigs were available. Blank as blank gets. My system did not ask me if I wanted to format the drive and I wouldn't have anyway. When I get a chance, I'll see if my Dell laptop fares any better, but I doubt it.

Weeks after putting my order in for my H2, Kawasaki sent me an email inquiring as to my shirt size, also telling me that it would be sent after the bike was registered. Sure enough, it came with the care package. ;) I also received another email from Kawi just yesterday with another tracking number, so perhaps this is my Nano Resin and microfiber cloths, as you and others have mentioned.

I have to look into that strap, as I forgot to ask the dealer if they figured it out. It was probably used to hold something down in the crate or some such thing.

Rubber side down bud!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep...Haven't looked at it for a while...but it had all the pics from there website(where you pick "H2")then specs.Has all that on there...no manual...was kinda hopin that'd be there as well...

You guys are using 'mac' then?It's possible you machines don't read that coding in the flash stick."untitled"..interesting.Possibly rename it then?See if that does anything?

I wonder if that 'band' is for the battery?Sounds like it might be.

If you send me yer e-mail...I think I can probably send the flashdrive contents to ya.PM me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here in Australia we got the usb with manual,ninja book and letter etc,no shirt and no Dr beasley paint.I purchase Dr Beasley myself and with shipping $50.00 it was total $127.00 USD.Im not so sure about the long term protective quality's of this process ,so i have had my bike 3m covered which to date has cost me AUD $650.00 most of it is done not sure if they will charge me for the couple of extra pieces i wanted done,doesn't matter as with the final 3 pieces it will be totally covered and protected.It has been done in 3Ms latest cover Pro shield which is a level up from ventreshield and is thinner and has a better guarantee.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts