Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ah, you're from the UK. For a second, I thought you shipped your H2 from overseas just to ride it in France.

Welcome to the forum christophe! 6 more months to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your welcome message , I'm French !
my bike is the zxr stinger, it is called in France only !!
the H2 will be available in France in January 2016 sniff

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol pmshk.. it probably does.. but it sure doesnt feel like 100 HP.. capping at low rpm and sooooo slow to hit it... haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday.
Shop put it in rain mode
After about 3 miles I was writing out the ebay ad in my head then thought 'Ah rain-mode'
Deactivated.
Problem sorted.
Snow mode more like.
Seems pretty pointless to me.

Love the bike.
Not so keen on the 4K rpm running in limit.
60mph.
On 10-year-old GSXR 1000 was 6500rpm, & that still runs OK

Saw another post on this site with H2R running-in procedure - but pics now gone.
Seems they were different.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ran mine in quite hard and now performing brilliantly. Because it is basically a h2r engine. I always give it afew extra blips on start up or it will roughly idle from start up and over fuel. I can then set my watch when the revs will drop to engage gear. Quick shift needs to be above 6k revs to work smoothly. I use the clutch as little as possible , this has got to help keep the oil clean. Found out U.k. bikes come with 230 at the crank !

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ran mine in quite hard and now performing brilliantly. Because it is basically a h2r engine. I always give it afew extra blips on start up or it will roughly idle from start up and over fuel. I can then set my watch when the revs will drop to engage gear. Quick shift needs to be above 6k revs to work smoothly. I use the clutch as little as possible , this has got to help keep the oil clean. Found out U.k. bikes come with 230 at the crank !
Hey dude, H2 or H2R?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds about right to me, you calculate with a drivetrain loss between 10-15%. Brock stated he measured 11% loss with a different bike, 11% from 230 = 25,3 hp so it would be (230-25,3) 204,7 rwhp in the UK then. 90% of the dynosheets i've seen is between 197 to 203 rwhp and in the UK you get the akro slipon so it should be a bit higher, 4 rwhp more according to their website so 230 seems correct.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just got back from a few days in Europe including quite a few miles through France

Whilst France does not have the H2 yet, there was no doubt the French bikers knew what they were seeing - barely a fuel stop went by (and there were plenty of them !) without someone coming up to get a photo of the bike. And on one occasion I was cruising down the motorway when a car came speeding past - he hit the brakes hard and waited for me to go past him, then he came past again holding his mobile and videoing me !

Best one was a bike cop - I'd been riding 'briskly' for a few miles when I spotted a french bike cop ahead on the roadside. I slowed down only for him to pull out and follow me for half a mile or so before hitting the blue lights and pulling me in. Turned out all he wanted to do was get a good look at the bike. I was polite and chatted for a few minutes before saying I had to hurry to catch a ferry - at which point he got back on the bike and said 'follow me' - blue lights and sirens going for the next 5 miles or so with absolutely no attention to speed limits before he pulled over and waved me on my way !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts