Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not me, I still love mine

However, there have been quite a few for sale in the UK lately, low mileage ones too

Dont know what its like over the pond

Rob

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know in my area (Reno, NV) there are next to none, I am the only one in northern Nevada that has an H2, a guy bought a new 2015 H2R after he saw mine from somewhere out of state. Southern California probably has a few, I think people are hanging on to them for the most part. Haven't seen any for sale.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any secondhand ones get sold quickly here in NZ. There were a couple of new old stock but they have bee snapped up.The ones I know that were sold was because the owner came to the realization they are not an everyday MC but just a bullet powered by gasoline. I know of one where the guy didn't have the skill to control it. He rode it in panic mode and gave up. If your an experienced rider and are able to push the H2 you won't sell it unless you have rocks in your head.

The 'Low Miles' is a good indicator of the reason for sale. Banzai ah ah ah ah ah ah ................

·
Registered
45 Posts
We only sold one at the shop. I bought mine from another shop and as far as I know Ive only seen Dave's H2 in the state. I haven't heard of anyone being serious about buying one. It seems that because of the price most people stay away. If my bike is at the shop it gets a lot of attention but other than that there doesn't seem to be a huge market for the bike here in RI. Its unlikely that I will sell this bike as I might keep it for a very long time. When the new S1000RR is released in 19 I might buy one of those as from what I've been told by good sources that the bike is going to be remarkable.

This bike is becoming very special to me because of its uniqueness. Its really in a world of its own!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think people are buying other bikes mainly because they're cheaper,and perform pretty well overall.Plus most are lighter as well.BUT...they're NOT H2's.Nothing will be like an H2.I'm keeping mine for as long as I can ride...then give it to someone else.We own a one of a kind bike.Not for everyone.I love mine.It's just perfect for me.ALWAYS a fun ride each ride.And unique.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Here in Oz, there are usually between 3 to 6 used H2's for sale at any one time, most are '15 and '16 models, between 3k to 10k klms and average around $28 - $30k Aus. They are/were about $36k Aus to buy new, which is on par with a Ducati Panigale 1299S.

I still continue to get ooh's and aah's from blokes at cafe stops and taking photo's, most say mine is the first one they've seen! Granted where I live isn't one of the biggest cities in Aus, but still low numbers were sold I believe. I'm happy with that.

I bought the bike for my riding pleasure anyway and don't care what anyone may think of it, or any depreciation in monetary value - to me it is the most amazing bike I have ever owned! Happy Chappy!!

Don.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeh, get people wanting to talk about it all the time, especially older guys who seem to have read up on everything about it.
Quite often there is the wife behind saying NO! NO! NO! They wait for me to come back to the H2. Best just to smile and don't engage in conversation as it can chew into my ride time by quite a bit.

Last one for sale in NZ had 4k kms, 2015 and sold for NZ$29k, it was shipped to the other end of the country. At this time none for sale.

I won't make the same mistake as I did with my Mach IV, this one is for keeps.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I won't make the same mistake as I did with my Mach IV, this one is for keeps.
Exactly, I sold my Mach IV and regret it every day.

What is funny is even the Harley guys who hate sports bikes are in awe of the thing once their buddies tell them what it is, or they see the Super Charged emblem. Their girlfriends like the paint and the fangs.

·
Registered
625 Posts

However, there have been quite a few for sale in the UK lately, low mileage ones too

Rob

I noticed that Rob, I saw them on eBay, the price is dropping too.
It’s a decent size investment in a country with a small widow of riding weather.
Does anyone know if the production will continue into 2019? My dealer has said there is absolutely zero interest since the Ducati V4 & SX hit the streets.
He’s not had an enquiry for over 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any secondhand ones get sold quickly here in NZ. There were a couple of new old stock but they have bee snapped up.The ones I know that were sold was because the owner came to the realization they are not an everyday MC but just a bullet powered by gasoline. I know of one where the guy didn't have the skill to control it. He rode it in panic mode and gave up. If your an experienced rider and are able to push the H2 you won't sell it unless you have rocks in your head.

The 'Low Miles' is a good indicator of the reason for sale. Banzai ah ah ah ah ah ah ................
Have to agree, its not your everyday bike, you have to treat it with respect but the rewards are worth it:)

Rob

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer has said there is absolutely zero interest since the Ducati V4 & SX hit the streets. He’s not had an enquiry for over 12 months.
As awesome as the bike is, things move on, I think its reached the end of its cycle in its current form

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts
As awesome as the bike is, things move on, I think its reached the end of its cycle in its current form

Rob

Completely agree, they milked it to death but I won’t be selling my 16, everything done that I’ll ever need and it’s still unique. I hope the production run is finished then the interest will slowly increase again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've only seen one other H2 on the road (Melbourne, Australia). People just love them though. The christmas toyrun for example, I left my Gopro running on my seat while I wandered around, and the amount of 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' was a lot of fun to watch later on. The tank, the paint ('15 mirror paint and the green frame), the single swing arm, everyone had their own focal points. I love my h2 to death. Haven't ridden it in WEEKS though. I was going to send the ECU to brocks, but have decided to get it dyno tuned here instead, so the bike is currently in 63 pieces while the shop dials in their new dyno. Sigh. Speaking of, does the ECU need to be accessible for a dyno tune or is it done via the plugs in the rear?

I bought the H2 mid 2017 with 3,000km on the clock. I've put 12,000km on it since then. I'm 6'4, 150kg, and not giving a fk about resale value. Love it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've only seen one other H2 on the road (Melbourne, Australia). People just love them though. The christmas toyrun for example, I left my Gopro running on my seat while I wandered around, and the amount of 'ooohs' and 'ahhhs' was a lot of fun to watch later on. The tank, the paint ('15 mirror paint and the green frame), the single swing arm, everyone had their own focal points. I love my h2 to death. Haven't ridden it in WEEKS though. I was going to send the ECU to brocks, but have decided to get it dyno tuned here instead, so the bike is currently in 63 pieces while the shop dials in their new dyno. Sigh. Speaking of, does the ECU need to be accessible for a dyno tune or is it done via the plugs in the rear?

I bought the H2 mid 2017 with 3,000km on the clock. I've put 12,000km on it since then. I'm 6'4, 150kg, and not giving a fk about resale value. Love it.

They will need to strip down the front to get to the ECU (check your paint after!) we get tamperproof ECU mounting bolts in Europe too, unsure about Aussie bikes.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Rob
Is this because at three years old there are UK owners who bought the bike on finance (PCP or Personal Contract Purchase) and are now faced with a rather large balloon payment to keep the bike at the end of their contract?

I have seen a few for sale in the South West because of that. These purchase schemes were designed to increase bike sales, the idea being you hand the bike back at the end of the term and take another new one. A win-win for dealers and finance companies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts