Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I though the Go Pro could be considered riding gear of sort.

Would the Hero4 Session be a better bike mounted camera due to it's smaller size or should I just stick with the Hero4 Black?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Might give the session a go.Lighter is better...video wise on a bike.I'd like to hear your impressions of it.I have the Hero 4 Black...good camera.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just bought a Sena 10C, besides taking decent videos (1080p @ 30fps 720p @ 60fps) & pictures on the move it also allows me to communicate w my riding buddies, answer my phone or make voice activated calls to speed dial locations, listen to radio, songs from iPhone, listen to navigation, etc. The mounting system is great too, easy to install without big brackets hanging off the helmet, allows you to touch one button on side of helmet while riding to start or end video, take pictures. There's a pitch angle adjustment on the mount & the lens tilts and will tell you in your in helmet speakers when you're recording, when you stop recording so no guess work or having to pull over to start/stop video. Long battery life. Intercom Range about a mile (depending on what Sena unit your buds are using) We take turns on who's running up front & if there's a smokey, find this is the best way to give the guys running about quarter mile back a heads up. We are constantly giving each other heads up on potential dangerous issues in the road or drivers. You never have to wonder where your buds are going or point to your tank when it's fuel time. No pulling over to discuss change in destination, it's just great, makes riding together a whole lot more fun & safe. I also own a Sena 20S which is the best unit if you don't want the video/camera capabilities. Both Bluetooth units are very narrow side to side about 1 inch wide for the 20 S & maybe 1.75" for the 10C so no issue at high speed like w go pros mounted on a helmet. 10C is 3oz. 20S is 2oz.

Find some helmets are perfect for mounting the speakers like Arai, you don't even need Velcro, on the Arais there's a cut out pocket right where you ears go, pull out the cheek pads & just place the speakers between the liner & foam they stay put and the boom mic hides right under the check pad and positions right at your mouth, no adhesive needed. Shoei works too but not as slick as w Arai. No such cut out on my AGV helmet, the speakers are too tight a fit in my AGV.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm very happy with my Hero4Black.Gonna be doing some filming with the ProTune on...see how that goes.Supposed to look the same as the default settings(colorwise and all)except it will have a sharper clarity to it.We'll see.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sena 10C- Sincs w/ your phone via Bluetooth (1080p Video w/ tagging, camera. Communications ; answers phone w/ one touch button & initiates voice activated phone calls to speed dial locations. Navigation. Radio. Can narrate the video or record the music you're playing from phone onto the video. Operated all totally on the move. Second smaller unit is a Sena 20S (Comms)

Both have over 1 mile range when in intercom/ communicating w/ each other. Flexible boom mic fits inside helmet. Very light weight w/ integrated mounting brackets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can see that you're a Sena kind of guy! The reason I was leaning towards the go pro was that it can function as a reasonable camera for any other outdoor activity I choose to do (i.e. scuba diving, rafting, etc) From what I can see, the Sena seems to be exclusively used for motorcycle helmets.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I can see that you're a Sena kind of guy! The reason I was leaning towards the go pro was that it can function as a reasonable camera for any other outdoor activity I choose to do (i.e. scuba diving, rafting, etc) From what I can see, the Sena seems to be exclusively used for motorcycle helmets.
Yes, the Sena is definitely not for taking pictures & videos off the bike, the go pro is the obvious choice for that..... The big sell for me was having everything in one unit but ESPECIALLY the comms ; between units/riding buds, hearing navigation in the helmet, taking & making phone calls w/ out stopping (my wife is always worrying about me on the bike if she calls & I don't respond for a hour or so because I'm riding) PLUS the camera & video operates w/ out having to stop and turn on/off the video or look at the unit, it tells you in the helmet speakers when you've taken a picture or started/turned off the video. The Comms was the biggest selling feature for me though. Last night was riding to a new to me destination 90 miles away and it was dark & still 90F out instead of pulling over, stopping repeatedly pulling off my gloves, sweating to look at my phone, it read turn for turn Nav in the helmet speakers using Google maps off my iPhone via a Bluetooth connection, perfect! I hate being somewhere at night on the bike and slowing down looking over & over for the right street signs, always feel like I might have missed it or someone is going to hit me from behind while slowing down at night. I may add a go pro too but would really hate to be without a Sena now. I've done it the old way 30 years. Now that I'm experiencing the Comms advantages I'd hate to be without it. You can get a Sena 20S (w out video & camera, just Comms) for around $250.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts