Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most dealers won't have in hand.

Was told by 1 dealer that Kaw has 97 back ordered.

Local dealer did a computer search and found a dealer 100 miles

north of me with 2 filters.

I called them and paid by CC over the phone.

Should have them both by today or tomorrow.

My bike hit 604 miles, on Monday.

In other news, I've only confirmed 3x H-2 's in San Diego, so far.

Haven't seen the other 2 on the road, yet, though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Most dealers won't have in hand.

Was told by 1 dealer that Kaw has 97 back ordered.

Local dealer did a computer search and found a dealer 100 miles

north of me with 2 filters.

I called them and paid by CC over the phone.

Should have them both by today or tomorrow.

My bike hit 604 miles, on Monday.

In other news, I've only confirmed 3x H-2 's in San Diego, so far.

Haven't seen the other 2 on the road, yet, though.
Yep in Australia had to wait 5 days until my bike was ready as no filter in stock,getting a spare ready for the next service.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea what's so special about the oil filter? It looks the same from the outside as any other spin-on filter ...
I'll post a measurement, tomorrow.

It's noticeably larger diameter than my FZ 09 filter.

Maybe larger diameter than zx 10 ?

I don't have one to measure.

Looks like my plain ole strap wrench will get it off.

Kawasaki didn't get as crazy as Yamaha on the filter torque.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I had my 1000km, first service done, my dealer had one in stock. No issues.

Greg

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll post a measurement, tomorrow.

It's noticeably larger diameter than my FZ 09 filter.

Maybe larger diameter than zx 10 ?

I don't have one to measure.

Looks like my plain ole strap wrench will get it off.

Kawasaki didn't get as crazy as Yamaha on the filter torque.
In another thread I said I am gonna replace first time with Kawi and cut the old one open for comparo. I have a suspicion the new part number is nothing more than a size difference. And that an M1-110 may replace it same as zx14 and C14 I have on the shelf that would be nice ...It may be too long/close to the header pipe I will find out in any case.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I ordered plugs(two sets)and filters and air elements about a month ago....Got my oil and air filters last week.Plugs are still on order,but should get here soon.Also bought the oil...went with kawasaki 10/40 Semi-syn 5 qts.Kinda of a silver/grey colored bottle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I ordered plugs(two sets)and filters and air elements about a month ago....Got my oil and air filters last week.Plugs are still on order,but should get here soon.Also bought the oil...went with kawasaki 10/40 Semi-syn 5 qts.Kinda of a silver/grey colored bottle.
Would you ever consider going with an oil from a different brand or just stick with that specific Kawi oil?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Guys can we cross the filter over to something that is already out there? I need to change my oil now and cant wait for them to get one...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Don't know Some about a cross filter.Probably...but maybe not.Not yet anyway.

And as for oil...I'm satisfied with the Kawasaki Brand.It's always been fine for me.Probably won't run full syn in this bike...no particular reason,but we'll see.

Haven' put too many miles just yet...been feeling kinda sick recently.Need to get my head in the game if I'm gonna feel okay riding this new bike.200+ so far....loved every second of it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The searches ive done on the Kawi Number led to Fram PH6017A (Junk) which crosses to M1-110. Aside from Suzuki the bike filters appear to follow a standard 20 x 1.5mm threads, 14 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve. Differences in length and diameter may be the primary difference between Kawi part numbers.

Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference
Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did oil change, today.

Plenty of room around the oil filter and pipes well forward.

Didn't have a filter socket, but plain old strap wrench did the trick.

Was not godawful tight like my FZ 09.

Proper tightening with new filter was 1 complete turn + 1/4 inch after

rubber o ring made contact.

Drained just under 4 1/2 quarts.

5 quarts minus 2 inches sitting in the last bottle got the level to top

of the window after start / run a few seconds.

Drained oil after quick freeway run and managed to not burn

the bejeezuz out of my hand.

FWIW: the oil filter measures about 3.150 inch OD and 2.600 inch high.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Was able to R and R oil filter without removing lower plastic.

A strap wrench or a oil filter socket with a short extension will do it.

8 mm allen for the forward facing drain plug and 10 mm allen for the filler cap.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The searches ive done on the Kawi Number led to Fram PH6017A (Junk) which crosses to M1-110. Aside from Suzuki the bike filters appear to follow a standard 20 x 1.5mm threads, 14 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve. Differences in length and diameter may be the primary difference between Kawi part numbers.

Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference
Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters
I picked up thM1-104 and its a little smaller than what's on there. I think the M1-110 will be the right length. The diameter I think is slightly smaller. I have to say what's on there really looks a lot like the K&N303 that's on my 14 and 10R....I'm going to try and change it today and see what I run into.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I picked up thM1-104 and its a little smaller than what's on there. I think the M1-110 will be the right length. The diameter I think is slightly smaller. I have to say what's on there really looks a lot like the K&N303 that's on my 14 and 10R....I'm going to try and change it today and see what I run into.....
Update? I have lots of filters that fit the 14(R)...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't be too much different in diameter or the o ring won't line up with

contact surface on motor.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Update? I have lots of filters that fit the 14(R)...
Well the m104 is a no go. It's much smaller than the stock filter. I went to cycle gear with thee old filter and found a KN 165 that looked right but it turned out the thread size was standard and not metric. The 303 is way too long for the H2 so I wound up changing the oil and draining the filter and reluctantly had to put it back on with the new oil. But I'm going to change it again this week with the new filters and new oil....I had to get the oil out that I had her on the Dyno with.....;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts