Ninja H2 banner

Get Thee To World Superbike Monterey, California, July 12-14

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WR-NA 
#1 ·
It’s special enough by being the only time World Superbike comes to the USA, but being at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on the Monterey Peninsula makes it even more special. Sometimes it’s hot and sunny, sometimes it’s cool and foggy, and sometimes those two change places every half hour. In short it’s a magical place to watch motorcycles race, and when that’s done for the day it’s an even better place to hang out and bike- and people-watch down on Cannery Row. Set aside a few hours for the amazing Monterey Bay Aquarium, followed by a nice piece of fish on Fisherman’s Wharf. Maybe you’ll see the MOrons, even? We wouldn’t miss it.

After round Six, Alvaro Bautista and his new Ducati Panigale V4 are leading the Kawasaki ZX-10RR of Jonathan Rea, 300 points to 259, but there’s Rimini and Silverstone to go before they get to Laguna Seca in mid-July. We hope anything can happen.

To buy tickets, to learn more – including about onsite camping, as the track is inside a county park – please click here.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's great. I absolutely look forward to going to Laguna Seca every year. Although it's technically for work, I do find time to take in the sights and hang out with friends out there. Seems like every year we go for a day or two longer. If people are on the fence about going, absolutely do it if you can. There is loads to see and do at the track and plenty of awesome foods and beer available.

We always make it a point to stop at Cannery Row Brewery and then walk down to Cannery Row and check out all the bikes on bike night. Nothing but the street chock full of bikes down each side for a mile? More? But I have seen some real gems out there on Cannery Row as well as at the vendor booths.

As for prices, you can definitely go all out and splurge but for those on a budget there are ways to cut on expenses but not the fun or activities. Tickets themselves are rather reasonable for 3 day GA and parking. Also there are race teams at all the hotels/resorts. One year we stayed at where KRT was, another Althea BMW and last year the Aruba Ducati team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.