Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been having a really hard time opening the gas cap due to a vacuum effect on my 2016 H2. Filling it to same level as usual... just a little into the neck.

Anyone know if there is something wrong? Is there some kind of valve or hose etc to reduce the vacuum as the tank empties?

Thanks for any insight provided.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
The have a valve in the cap. In the sun you should hear it venting. It should also allow air in or the bike will stop from lack of fuel as the pump cannot draw a big vacuum. Sure it's Vacuum? even with a little the cap won't open due to the surface area. Is the latch fully opening?

·
Registered
836 Posts
As Rick and enzo say , it would only create a vacuum if the vent was blocked this would also cause the bike to break down due to fuel starvation . Do as enzo suggested and push the filler cap down while turning the key , a small squirt of WD 40 or GT85 in the key hole or lock mechanism may also help if its “dry” .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. One of the hoses under the tank was crimped when the intercooler was installed. Fixed now.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts