Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
First post ever,
I have a 2016 FZ09 (mods) and I love it. Bought it brand new and put 22,000miles on it.
Some mods are: wood craft handlebars and windscreen. saddle bags,
ECU flash by ivanprofanceproducts.com with a full AKRA exhaust system.
Comfort seat (because)

If you ever have rode a FZ09, it’s awesome for under a liter bike.

I’ve rode bikes since I was 10 years old starting on the dirt. Honda xr50.
And gradually got bigger bikes.

I have done my research on the H2 SX and see it at the dealerships. Sat on it and heard it pur, I haven’t rode it and I want to ask questions to the real people who ride the Ninja H2’s and H2 SX’s.

1. How does the H2 SX (or H2) perform over time? I.e. high mileage review. Are there problems with the super chargers? Parts of any kind wearing out? Is an extended warranty worth investing in?

2. Is buying a New ninja h2 Sx worth the upgrade from the FZ09?
I like the ever day bike feel of the FZ. It’s fast. It’s light, and I can carry my gear in the saddle bags.
The bike tops out(for me ) around 150mph before the bars wobble too much. Haha
If I can only have one of these two bikes, is it the h2 Sx? Yes I know the h2SX is almost twice the power of my FZ.

After all the bells and wistles, I put about $11,000 into my FZ09. I am looking at buying the base model ninja h2sx and then putting money into the mods I want. ( saddle bags, exhaust, windscreen, carbon fiber accents, the extra turning lights.

Rough total (after tax and BS ) :~$24,500

Thanks for your time. And when I figure out how to posta pic of my bike I will

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hello and welcome

Not rode the SX only my H2, bikes have a throttle that you control, you right hand is the key to control, however, the H2 throttle response will have you laughing your head off

If you have been to the dealers, bag yourself a test ride

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey welcome to the forums!

I am an H2SX SE owner since March 2018, it's an awesome bike. Previously I was riding a Ninja 1000 which was also flashed by Ivan from ivansperformanceproducts.com in NY, I had his flash for 4 years, it was awesome, but he will not be flashing the H2SX due to lack of demand. I have had my bike flashed with several mods, many of us H2SX owners are pushing 210HP+ (stock is about 170WHP) Myself in the 230+ range and hopefully 260+ by the end of summer 2019.

Welcome to the forums, if you are looking for a tuner that put in hundreds of hours of work into the SX just like Ivan did, send me a PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the opinions y’all. But I have heard conflicting info, some have said the Vcycle has the better ECU flash. Some say Brock’s performance ECU flash is better.
I’ve looks around for some cold hard facts/data; what I have been able to find is that the Brock’s predator slip on is the best slip on in terms of HP and torque(beside full systems andI still need to fit saddle bags]) ofcourse install a better air filter.

So does anyone have any data charts for the ECUs?
Vcycle vs Brock’s

Maybe there’s no difference?

Are either better for fuel economy?
I do want to have good MPG if I can. Not that I’m buying a H2SX for the fuel economy haha.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a SX/SE. I am doing my own tuning with woolich auto tuner and will hit up the dyno in the spring, so I cant give 100% accurate opinions on vcycle vs brocks. vcycle's flashes are pretty conservative. We will go for the safety of the engine over higher numbers. Not saying brocks doesn't, but he is pushing it harder with raising the rev limit higher and holding the timing. My bike stock was seeing 4-6L/100km which gave me about 410kms worth of a fuel on one tank if im not bagging on it to much. I'm working on a custom exhaust set up (2011-15 zx10r headers and 2016+ zx10r yoshimura alpha 3/4), with Sprint P08 filter, driven block off plates and a custom tune. This summer I plan on offering up my bike to travis to get a intercooler fabbed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!
First post ever,
I have a 2016 FZ09 (mods) and I love it. Bought it brand new and put 22,000miles on it.
Some mods are: wood craft handlebars and windscreen. saddle bags,
ECU flash by ivanprofanceproducts.com with a full AKRA exhaust system.
Comfort seat (because)

If you ever have rode a FZ09, it’s awesome for under a liter bike.

I’ve rode bikes since I was 10 years old starting on the dirt. Honda xr50.
And gradually got bigger bikes.

I have done my research on the H2 SX and see it at the dealerships. Sat on it and heard it pur, I haven’t rode it and I want to ask questions to the real people who ride the Ninja H2’s and H2 SX’s.

1. How does the H2 SX (or H2) perform over time? I.e. high mileage review. Are there problems with the super chargers? Parts of any kind wearing out? Is an extended warranty worth investing in?

2. Is buying a New ninja h2 Sx worth the upgrade from the FZ09?
I like the ever day bike feel of the FZ. It’s fast. It’s light, and I can carry my gear in the saddle bags.
The bike tops out(for me ) around 150mph before the bars wobble too much. Haha
If I can only have one of these two bikes, is it the h2 Sx? Yes I know the h2SX is almost twice the power of my FZ.

After all the bells and wistles, I put about $11,000 into my FZ09. I am looking at buying the base model ninja h2sx and then putting money into the mods I want. ( saddle bags, exhaust, windscreen, carbon fiber accents, the extra turning lights.

Rough total (after tax and BS ) :~$24,500

Thanks for your time. And when I figure out how to posta pic of my bike I will
Own a 2021 H2 SESX+, I'm about 4000 miles in now and absolutely love this bike. No issues thus far, (knock on wood), I've done some Mods to the tune of about $2200 worth, full pipe , ECU flash tune etc...I'm sitting at 221hp with tracrtion control off its a beast at least to me ....throttle roll 2nd gear wheelies no prob...I've had front tire lift off little over 100 in 3rd...can't imagine the H2, or H2R .....its prob one of the easist riding bikes I've owned ...I did about 120 mile commute to work on it in OREGON on just nice twisty roads never got off the bike sore or stiff....test drive both, sitting on the SX just comfort wise is why I went the direction I did.....Cheers

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Own a 2021 H2 SESX+, I'm about 4000 miles in now and absolutely love this bike. No issues thus far, (knock on wood), I've done some Mods to the tune of about $2200 worth, full pipe , ECU flash tune etc...I'm sitting at 221hp with tracrtion control off its a beast at least to me ....throttle roll 2nd gear wheelies no prob...I've had front tire lift off little over 100 in 3rd...can't imagine the H2, or H2R .....its prob one of the easist riding bikes I've owned ...I did about 120 mile commute to work on it in OREGON on just nice twisty roads never got off the bike sore or stiff....test drive both, sitting on the SX just comfort wise is why I went the direction I did.....Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts