Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@Turbo329 Nate I know you'll dig this, hopefully more members as well..

So you know when your fuel jug is topped off it's hard to lift 50lbs of fuel when you just came off a 20 min track session, and you have to be careful that a full jug doesn't poor out the vent hole so you leave that closes until the fuel level gets lower in the jug, and meanwhile you have someone helping you with the hose guiding in the gas tank and you are hoping not to spill all over your beautiful bike...:crying:

Well I found the solution that works for me. It's a really cool siphon hose. Note the brass end, well there's a little ball inside. You put that end in the fuel just and shake up & down vigorously for about 3 seconds and you have a solid steady flow streaming into your gas tank. No strain on the body, no spill, no help required. The fuel jug needs to be = level (or higher) than your gas tank to get the flow started. Sorry I can't give you a manufacture name, I just grabbed it off the shelf of a local shop here, but if anyone is interested I can find out who the distributor is. I think I paid $15 for it, but it's worth $200 to me, I couldn't live without it at this point.

FYI when's the last time you saw 4 fuel jugs in the pits for 1 bike? On the street/canyon runs I'm getting 18-19 mpg, at the track she's sucking up even more. When I left for the track all 4 jugs were topped off, the pic below was Saturday afternoon, by the end of Sunday one jug was 3/4 full. I'm good with it, I'll take the power :D
Oh and I just use the siphon hose to get the top 1/2 of the jug fuel, after that it's easy to poor the jug as you normally would.

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
376 Posts
@Turbo329 Nate I know you'll dig this, hopefully more members as well..

So you know when your fuel jug is topped off it's hard to lift 50lbs of fuel when you just came off a 20 min track session, and you have to be careful that a full jug doesn't poor out the vent hole so you leave that closes until the fuel level gets lower in the jug, and meanwhile you have someone helping you with the hose guiding in the gas tank and you are hoping not to spill all over your beautiful bike...:crying:

Well I found the solution that works for me. It's a really cool siphon hose. Note the brass end, well there's a little ball inside. You put that end in the fuel just and shake up & down vigorously for about 3 seconds and you have a solid steady flow streaming into your gas tank. No strain on the body, no spill, no help required. The fuel jug needs to be = level (or higher) than your gas tank to get the flow started. Sorry I can't give you a manufacture name, I just grabbed it off the shelf of a local shop here, but if anyone is interested I can find out who the distributor is. I think I paid $15 for it, but it's worth $200 to me, I couldn't live without it at this point.

FYI when's the last time you saw 4 fuel jugs in the pits for 1 bike? On the street/canyon runs I'm getting 18-19 mpg, at the track she's sucking up even more. When I left for the track all 4 jugs were topped off, the pic below was Saturday afternoon, by the end of Sunday one jug was 3/4 full. I'm good with it, I'll take the power :D
Oh and I just use the siphon hose to get the top 1/2 of the jug fuel, after that it's easy to poor the jug as you normally would.

Hey mate I was a fireman for years and can tell you looks pretty dangerous! I have used the syphon hose ( had it for years and years) for siphoning a tank to empty it or something like that, its ideal, but to use and store the fuel like that at the track is an explosion/s or accident waiting to happen!:(
Can I suggest another way, there is an awesome fuel container called "No Spill" made actually in the US I think Kansas? Fantastic fuel container for track and for bikes in general. It's true never spill a drop, can be used with one person, all sizes, check it out you will never use a normal fuel container again! AND it's very safe! It has a button to allow delivery of fuel, has small nozzle but big enough to enter tank, it also incorporates a ""grip" to easily hold onto yourself. Provides also a screen inside for filtering but still allows a healthy flow of fuel - Check it out eBay or similar! Have few different sizes highly recommended...
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 14873
View attachment 14881
Managed to take couple pics so you can see the mechanism
Jeffro ;)
Sorry once again loaded sideways! Does anyone know why?
Looks like a good system, I just ordered a 2 1/2 gal and I'll give it a try.
I'll probably still use the siphon hose to transfer from the large fuel jugs to no spill.
I'm always up for trying a better system.

regarding your sideways pics, that's an iPhone thing I think, and it happens to me too.
here's what I do to correct it: load the photos onto your computer.
the thumbnail may look correct, but open the photo anyway, then click the ROTATION button to turn it sideways, then rotate it back to where it looks correct, then close it, as it's closing it's also saving the changes. Now upload your photo and it will correct.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeh no worries, I think you will be impressed. It's only a suggestion so whatever works for you is your prerogative. I like it because first off it's very safe. Seen the flip side when I was a firie burnt people from doing fuel transfers. But I love the fact it also has a stainless steel filter screen inside it. I am very anal about super clean fuel. In fact when I am at the service station I take my fuel containers and filter into them with a filtered funnel. Then use the No Spill container to transfer fuel into bike. My H2 has not been to a service station and it won't ever. I have seen the inside of fuel pumps all too often to allow unfiltered fuel to enter my bikes. My bikes are also always full fuel after every ride to avoid any condensation to occur. We do have high quality fuel here high octane readily available but I don't take any chances with cleanliness
Thanks for the photo upload information...
Take it easy
Jeffro ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts