Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep that is exactly what my dealer told me. The dealer said there will only be 2-3 of them in the United States and that they will be for promotional purposes only. The dealer said Kawasaki will take them to bike shows for a year or two and that they are unsure of how they will be sold at that point. It was at Kawasaki's 50th anniversary show in California with a $31,000 price tag. and that is where they found out they could not buy it.

For what it's worth I believe my dealer truly wanted to see me purchase this motorcycle just as bad as I did. They seem just as frustrated as me. They truly thought all they had to do was get a deposit and place an order. I gave them a $5000 deposit on 10-05-16 yesterday 11-22-16 they refunded it saying they could not get the bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That's too bad. I didn't see anything where it said the Carbon was only for Intl. markets, 2-3 to the US & only for promo purposes doesn't sound like it makes sense, maybe bad info. Sometimes dealerships are given allocations of certain machines based on overall sales or sales of similar machines like the 15,16 H2. Maybe that's why your dealer isn't going to have one available. I'd find a large Kawi dealer, in a large market/one that has also sold a lot of H2's and ask.

·
Registered
891 Posts
when I spoke with the kawi rep at IMS last weekend (as we were standing over the '17 H2 CF bike) he told me that there are only going to be 500 made and they will display the number (I didn't ask where).

FYI I wasn't impressed. If I was offered a '17 H2 or a '17 H2 CF at the same price I would choose the standard H2, I think it looks WAY more impressive. I have nothing against CF, it was the dull paint on that bike that killed it for me. But that's just my opinion. I recommend that you go to IMS show and sit on a '17 H2 CF BEFORE trying to buy sight unseen.

FYI Ticketmaster here is the IMS schedule:

Long Beach, CA: November 18-20, 2016, Long Beach Convention Center
New York, NY: December 9-11, 2016, Jacob Javits Convention Center
Washington D.C.: January 6-8, 2017, Washington Convention Center
Dallas, TX: January 13-15, 2017, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
Cleveland, OH: January 27-29, 2017, I-X Center
Minneapolis, MN: February 3-5, 2017, Minneapolis Convention Center
Chicago, IL: February 10-12, 2017, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I spoke with the kawi rep at IMS last weekend (as we were standing over the '17 H2 CF bike) he told me that there are only going to be 500 made and they will display the number (I didn't ask where).

FYI I wasn't impressed. If I was offered a '17 H2 or a '17 H2 CF at the same price I would choose the standard H2, I think it looks WAY more impressive. I have nothing against CF, it was the dull paint on that bike that killed it for me. But that's just my opinion. I recommend that you go to IMS show and sit on a '17 H2 CF BEFORE trying to buy sight unseen.

FYI Ticketmaster here is the IMS schedule:

Long Beach, CA: November 18-20, 2016, Long Beach Convention Center
New York, NY: December 9-11, 2016, Jacob Javits Convention Center
Washington D.C.: January 6-8, 2017, Washington Convention Center
Dallas, TX: January 13-15, 2017, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
Cleveland, OH: January 27-29, 2017, I-X Center
Minneapolis, MN: February 3-5, 2017, Minneapolis Convention Center
Chicago, IL: February 10-12, 2017, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

I understand what you are saying about seeing the way it looks in person and judging then however I was buying it not for looks but as a collectors bike for it's rareness.

All numbers I have seen say there will only be 120 of them made. Did it have a number on the supercharger when you were there? Also was there a price tag on it?

Thanks for posting the show schedule. I would love to make it to one of them!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I understand what you are saying about seeing the way it looks in person and judging then however I was buying it not for looks but as a collectors bike for it's rareness.

All numbers I have seen say there will only be 120 of them made. Did it have a number on the supercharger when you were there? Also was there a price tag on it?

Thanks for posting the show schedule. I would love to make it to one of them!
120 is correct. US site:

EU & UK sites:

·
Registered
891 Posts
^ good info. Yeah the guy told me 500 but obviously he was wrong. I asked him how much the carbon added to the price tag and he said about $4k. And no I didn't look at the supercharger plate, didn't notice a #

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
A friend of mine who owns an H2R saw the Carbon at the NEC show in Birmingham, UK and I sensed he was a little disappointed with it. He didn't think it looked that good compared to the original 2015 H2 and thought it was probably not worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow, I don't like it. Aren't our bikes known for the Mirror Coated ? WTF is that ? Mirror Coated Spark black with 15 shots of whiskey ? Kinda hazy ....

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
was that an Akrapovic pipe on an H2R??
strange.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, Akra on the H2R.... IMO matt paint looks shocking, green decals back on the standard H2, green writing on the supercharger removed. New river mark badge looks very cheap and IMO the whole range has gone backwards in terms of looks. Good, happy I got mine first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts