Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Had my H2 SX SE checked at it's 1500km mark and the Kawasaki mechanic informed me that the front left fork looked like it had a slight leak......about a week later, as I was walking past the bike parked on its stand in the garage, and I noticed a drop of fork oil on the floor!!! I rang the dealer the next morning and they organised replacement fork seals to be fitted the next day. They did look after me, but was worried when they informed me that another 2018 H2 SX SE had exactly the same issue.
Anyone else had this problem???

No other issues. Been twice to Melb from Sydney on the highway, with a slight detour for some awesome fun through Tumut and Cabramurra, and down to Khancoban, and also down to circumnavigate the fun roads in Tassie. Clocked up over 8,000km in two months!!!!

Love this ride!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a 2015 H2, one of the originals. There was some oil residue on the left fork slider which I was aware of. At the service last year, when it was three years old, they recommended fitting a new seal. This was done and it's ok so far.

The bike is low mileage, just about at 3,000 miles and will be 4 years old in March 2019. Although I use it for land speed racing more than road riding the forks have not had a hard life. The runways we use are very flat and to go fast in LSR you don't wheely.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Oil leakage is one thing...however,the manual says that a small amount of residue on the lower fork cylinder is normal.Normal use on the forks.I was a bit concerned with mine also,till I read that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's true, an engine that doesn't us even the smallest amount of oil has a problem. That is why forks have dust caps, to remove the dust that sticks to the oil rather than drag into the seals.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Oil leakage is one thing...however,the manual says that a small amount of residue on the lower fork cylinder is normal.Normal use on the forks.I was a bit concerned with mine also,till I read that.

The oil on the left fork slider on my bike was enough to be remarked upon by the scrutineer at an LSR meeting last year. Especially since the right slider was perfectly dry. I was happier getting it fixed, it didn't cost a lot for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I tried those.Didn't help.HOWEVER...I did NOT move the dust cap,nor did I apparently go far enough in there like he did.I would have to say right now,I was only getting that deal just above the dust cap interface.If his procedure is universal to most forks.Now I feel dumb.On my 14.I'm sure I pushed it in there and felt it stick as I kept going a bit more.But I guess maybe I didn't go far enough...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I tried those.Didn't help.HOWEVER...I did NOT move the dust cap,nor did I apparently go far enough in there like he did.I would have to say right now,I was only getting that deal just above the dust cap interface.If his procedure is universal to most forks.Now I feel dumb.On my 14.I'm sure I pushed it in there and felt it stick as I kept going a bit more.But I guess maybe I didn't go far enough...
If you don't go far enough it won't work. I have used it on a friends bike and it worked. Worth trying, really cheap and easy and if it ever works it has paid for itself 20 fold.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I made one out of an old plastic milk container and used it on my ZX11. Pulled out lots of insect hard shell bits. You have to lift the dust seal get into the seal itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts